Save the Environment!!!

Omnipotent

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Green energy is a joke. You'd have to quit growing corn and cover all the fields in solar and wind to make a dent.

That is how bloody stupid all this electric car racket is.

Wait until they scream when their batteries need replacing. They have completely and thoroughly suckered in the Australian public. It actually causes me to cry.

And windfarms... they can't recycle the blades so they're burying them.

Admin.

This ain't Texas (woo), ain't. no hold'm woo woo
Site Supporter ☠️
Y'all should do a bit of research in to the outrage over the onset of the automobile. Every new innovation is met with resistance, and sometimes the supporting infrastructure needs to be developed along with...it's a process, America will not be 100% EV by next Friday, so everyone relax.

Lokmar

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Green energy is a joke. You'd have to quit growing corn and cover all the fields in solar and wind to make a dent.

That is how bloody stupid all this electric car racket is.

Wait until they scream when their batteries need replacing. They have completely and thoroughly suckered in the Australian public. It actually causes me to cry.

And windfarms... they can't recycle the blades so they're burying them.
Exectly!! If we expanded nuclear, we'd have hope. I'm not against all renewables but pretending.like they're able to do something they arent is dangerous.

Lokmar

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Y'all should do a bit of research in to the outrage over the onset of the automobile. Every new innovation is met with resistance, and sometimes the supporting infrastructure needs to be developed along with...it's a process, America will not be 100% EV by next Friday, so everyone relax.
How will we build enough infrastructure in 15 years?

Admin.

Site Supporter ☠️
Certainly not with the do nothing GOP having any say in the matter.

Lokmar

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Hopefully, Ford and GM will come to their senses and will keep making ICE cars.

Admin.

Site Supporter ☠️
Hopefully, Ford and GM will come to their senses and will keep making ICE cars.
If the infrastructure to fuel all the ev cars isn't in line yet by 2035ish, I'd imagine Big G would soften the mandates.

H.C.Trouble

Factory Bastard
Interesting thread ... Lokmar makes good points about generating enough electricity to power all these vehicles. Creating energy requires vast amounts of space and is not always environmentally friendly.

Creating enough electricity is one of the major problems but an even greater problem that hasn't been mentioned is STORING electricity. The grid can only store roughly 2% of the electricity we can create. When demand is too high the grid can fall below the critical 60 Hertz that is required for stability. The grid shuts down to protect itself from damage.

When demand is too low or electrical generation is too high the grid is regulated to remain at 60 Hertz by stopping some of the extra energy being inputted into the grid.

Storing all the energy we can create is a huge problem. There are ways but they are also major downfalls with the methods of storing energy. These methods consume a lot of space or they are environmentally risky or both.

Storage of energy or electricity is also incredibly expensive, even more so than creating electricity, and companies control everything, so, additional costs will always be passed on to the consumer.

We need to return to a more primitive form of living to save the planet and the majority of people reject that idea.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
The video in the OP is several years old because the Volt is long disconti used. My father actually leased one because Cgevy was desperately trying to give them away in order to reach compliance with California regulations. I think he had a 3 year 15,000 mile per year lease for just $1000 down and $79 a month. Not really much of a car and he literally had five other cars but said he wanted to try an electric car and, besides, they were practically giving them away to leasees.

At least the Volt batteries didn't blow up like it's replacement the Bolt's batteries still do.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I like the way smart libs wrecked energy independence here in the US in favor of drilling for oil in other places located on this sphere of ours

cause, you know, it's for the planet :LOL3:

they tried to utilize corn as a fuel resource and the cost of food skyrocketed… it’s in everything

Global warming will ensure that investments in education and technology will decline and over $106 billion of coastal property will be underwater by 2050.
The cost of food is skyrocketing now.

what I’m talking about occurred about 15 years ago…

I’ve noticed about a 30% increase in food cost overall. What the hell is up with all the bomb/fires of food plants? It isn’t stopping. They hit an egg packing plant last I saw.
Have you noticed the price of Amazon Prime and streaming has gone up significantly ?

Yeah, after part 2 of season 4 of Stranger Things gets released I am thinking about canceling Netflex to protest their three times in one year price increases. Especially since most of their programs are woke garbage and they no longer even have a good selection of older movies or shows.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
And BTW, about 12% of that is renewables.

You cant talk all this green energy bullshit and just think the energy fairys gonna make it happen!

We should just be copying France and building nuclear power plants every where but, no, the whiny lefties hate that too.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I vote for fancy golf carts. We just take more time to get there, but it’s funner because you are in the sun getting fresh air.

You so want to move to south Florida. You will deny it but you keep praising that lifestyle.

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Interesting thread ... Lokmar makes good points about generating enough electricity to power all these vehicles. Creating energy requires vast amounts of space and is not always environmentally friendly.

Creating enough electricity is one of the major problems but an even greater problem that hasn't been mentioned is STORING electricity. The grid can only store roughly 2% of the electricity we can create. When demand is too high the grid can fall below the critical 60 Hertz that is required for stability. The grid shuts down to protect itself from damage.

When demand is too low or electrical generation is too high the grid is regulated to remain at 60 Hertz by stopping some of the extra energy being inputted into the grid.

Storing all the energy we can create is a huge problem. There are ways but they are also major downfalls with the methods of storing energy. These methods consume a lot of space or they are environmentally risky or both.

Storage of energy or electricity is also incredibly expensive, even more so than creating electricity, and companies control everything, so, additional costs will always be passed on to the consumer.

We need to return to a more primitive form of living to save the planet and the majority of people reject that idea.

You make interesting points. I agree storage is an even bigger problem than creating electricity. I say we go nuclear energy.

H.C.Trouble

Factory Bastard
According to her she's just retaining a little water. Apparently her beaver built a dam in her urethra before she drank the Gulf of Mexico.

In the winter time she's got to grease her neck to put on a scarf.

Last Valentine's day we had a bottle of wine, a few joints and I was feeling a little romantic. After I motorboated her ample cleavage, I said, "Baby, sit on my face." I caught the PTSD. At least I learned I've got a better respiratory system than a drugged up George Floyd.

My wife is a lovely lady though ... she got all dolled up in her best grey sweatsuit and I took her to the Metro zoo ... the elephant got an erection.

You need to work on your insults Joe.

"LOL She must still be fat."

LOL you are Uber-retarded.