Seeing Earth from Space: The Overview Effect

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
I wonder if there's a Virtual reality way of experiencing this, it would be an interesting experiment.

"The overview effect is a cognitive and emotional shift in a person's awareness, their consciousness and their identity when they see the Earth from space," White told NPR. "They're at a distance and they're seeing the Earth ... in the context of the universe."

Jeannie

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
were floating in an infinite void, if u think about it too long its disturbing

Admin.

I aim to be smugly pedantic, or vice verse.
Site Supporter ☠️
I wonder if there's a Virtual reality way of experiencing this, it would be an interesting experiment.

"The overview effect is a cognitive and emotional shift in a person's awareness, their consciousness and their identity when they see the Earth from space," White told NPR. "They're at a distance and they're seeing the Earth ... in the context of the universe."

Recently seeing the new images from James Webb, reminded me again that out of the quintillions of galaxies out there, The one True God chose our little planet and our species of primate to give "Intelligence" to. We are so Lucky!

bvvKS5zBao4XC4P2y2thQa-320-80.jpg

RANCIDMILKO ™ ®©

Ceedoobie's #1 Fan
Site Supporter ☠️
Recently seeing the new images from James Webb, reminded me again that out of the quintillions of galaxies out there, The one True God chose our little planet and our species of primate to give "Intelligence" to. We are so Lucky!

People with simpler minds thousands of years ago had to be given simpler versions of the truth

But we're on fast track to get rid of the that line of thought once and for all

Jeannie

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

no radio waves, the universe is dead

Admin.

Site Supporter ☠️
no radio waves, the universe is dead
You think we have the technology to listen to anything anywhere how ever far away it is? We have no idea what a different life form in someway similarly sentient as us, would know or have.

Jeannie

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
You think we have the technology to listen to anything anywhere how ever far away it is? We have no idea what a different life form in someway similarly sentient as us, would know or have.
they would evolve through the same peridiodic scale we would, radios a basic next step and where is it?

Admin.

Site Supporter ☠️
they would evolve through the same peridiodic scale we would, radios a basic next step and where is it?
We don't know that, it is possible there could be life forms based on an entirely different structure, we're carbon based, what if the others are say Silicon based? We might not even be able to recognize them as a comparable life form.

arrival2016.jpg

Before Leif Erickson, or Magellan and Columbus, a prevailing thought was the edge of the earth was empty space way out there over the horizon, and you could fall off if you got too close to the edge.

Jeannie

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
We don't know that, it is possible there could be life forms based on an entirely different structure, we're carbon based, what if the others are say Silicon based? We might not even be able to recognize them as a comparable life form.

arrival2016.jpg

Before Leif Erickson, or Magellan and Columbus, a prevailing thought was the edge of the earth was empty space way out there over the horizon, and you could fall off if you got too close to the edge.
it doesnt matter, 1+1=2 anywhere and tbh i think we r alone

Jeannie

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Food for thought, Military's all over the world are working with Dolphin's as force multipliers.

i saw that movie last week, day of the dolphin

very under rated, made me cry