Someone just told me his wife tried to commit suicide

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I'm so sad for him & her.
He's quite a nice guy too.

I guess sometimes life gets to be too much.

Any suggestions as to how she can better cope?

Can this life or situation be saved?

Has anyone here known people in similar situations?

OP
OP
Joe

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Who posts this shit in Meltdown?
Doesn’t this belong at VF?

No.

Because there are few adults over there.

Sorry @Flynn . I'VE never been presented with this kinda dilemma by another person I've known before. It's so bizarre strange yet awful. I suppose it's a bit like coming home from work & you just discover someone just murdered ur neighbor. It didnt happen to me but just needed to express it that's all. It feels like getting punched in the gut.

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

She needs to see a professional. End of...

There is almost nothing a layperson can do to help other than provide any support to help her get treatment.

Flynn

Lion Heart Diva

No.

Sorry @Flynn . I'VE never been presented with this kinda dilemma by another person I've known before. It's so bizarre strange yet awful. I suppose it's a bit like coming home from work & you just discover someone just murdered ur neighbor. It didnt happen to me but just needed to express it that's all. It feels like getting punched in the gut.

Ok, Joe. Since you put it that way. I guess I can understand your feelings. I certainly hope you get through this okay. I'm terribly sorry for your friend's almost loss. I hope that he can heal well and that you both can be there for each other if need be. It's always a shock when something like that happens soo very close to home.

I apologize if I came off a little crass. I didn't know if this was a troll or if it was a joke. From your response don't think it was any of the above. Again, I'm sorry for your friend's almost loss and I'm sorry that it hit you like a ton of bricks. Sometimes in life these things happen and sometimes at first we don't know how to act. I know that you'll do what's right and help your friend heal.

The wife needs to get some counseling to get down to the root cause or this will not be an isolated incident.

Master

Won't post at a forum CDunce has a panel at
Site Supporter
Sorry, Joe.

Depression hits ppl differently. What the person needs is counseling and support. Hell everyone in that family needs support.

Be a friend when they need one.

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
What did she do to off herself, Senile @Joe?

And why did she fail?

There is about a 99.9% chance this was just a cry for help and attention.

Or maybe it was just a reaction to hanging out with someone like you, Senile @Joe. It might be best if you keep your distance.

Flynn

Lion Heart Diva

And why did she fail?

Or maybe it was just a reaction to hanging out with someone like you, Senile @Joe. It might be best if you keep your distance.

This is why you don't post this kind of stuff in Meltdown.

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
I am trying to save this poor woman.

If it is at the cost of hurting Senile @Joe's feelings, I will do it.

To save a life!!!!

OP
OP
Joe

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

No.

Ok, Joe. Since you put it that way. I guess I can understand your feelings. I certainly hope you get through this okay. I'm terribly sorry for your friend's almost loss. I hope that he can heal well and that you both can be there for each other if need be. It's always a shock when something like that happens soo very close to home.

I apologize if I came off a little crass. I didn't know if this was a troll or if it was a joke. From your response don't think it was any of the above. Again, I'm sorry for your friend's almost loss and I'm sorry that it hit you like a ton of bricks. Sometimes in life these things happen and sometimes at first we don't know how to act. I know that you'll do what's right and help your friend heal.

The wife needs to get some counseling to get down to the root cause or this will not be an isolated incident.

My apologies.

I don't often post heavy stuff like this.

It was a gut reaction to an unpredictable situation which came out of the blue.

Flynn

Lion Heart Diva

No.

My apologies.

No worries, Joe. Sometimes you just gotta do what you just gotta do. Hopefully you got some good insight or the best that can be had in a place like this. I hope you're okay and no longer in shock.

OP
OP
Joe

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Sorry, Joe.

Depression hits ppl differently. What the person needs is counseling and support. Hell everyone in that family needs support.

Be a friend when they need one.

Yes I will do my best to help him.

I think he needs time off & to spend more time with his family.

I suppose that's how I can help him.

He's gotta business so i'll have to help him out in it so that he has more time to deal with family problems. Somehow I think I'll be called upon to do that.

That's likely 1 root cause is he's spent more time managing his business rather than his family.

OP
OP
Joe

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

And why did she fail?

I hope so & @The Prowler that your are correct in ur assessment of her.

Not sure what I'd do if I was the husband.

Apart from professional help, maybe she needs a long vacation somewhere in a spa like sanitarium to recuperate?

But I ain't no professional to know what her needs are.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Joe

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

No.

My apologies.

No worries, Joe. Sometimes you just gotta do what you just gotta do. Hopefully you got some good insight or the best that can be had in a place like this. I hope you're okay and no longer in shock.

Actually there's been a lot of deaths among friends & relatives ive known lately. I'm sure the Pandemic has had a lot to do with it. If it isn't the virus, it's the social stress which many here have mentioned which is beginning to take its toll on people. Last week a family friend died suddenly of a heart attack.

Cripes at this rate i'll be one of the few left standing.

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
Last week a family friend died suddenly of a heart attack.

Vaxxed?

Possibly.

I had wondered about that too.

He was a triathlete iron man kinda guy who ate well, was in great shape and then suddenly dropped dead from a MASSIVE HEART ATTACK.

Yeah, experimental vaccines have been known to cause all kinds of cardiovascular issues.

Did he have a hot wife? You might want to "comfort" her....

OP
OP
Joe

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

Check the life insurance policy does not have a "No payout for suicide" clause.

You gotta be practical in these situations.

I'm sure they don't cover for it.

My poor father stayed alive till the bitter end writhing in pain just so my mom could collect on the insurance policy.

Pretty sad eh?

But he wanted to make sure she got it and all the benefits that she could get & nothing would be denied to her.

OP
OP
Joe

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Last week a family friend died suddenly of a heart attack.

Vaxxed?

Possibly.

I had wondered about that too.

He was a triathlete iron man kinda guy who ate well, was in great shape and then suddenly dropped dead from a MASSIVE HEART ATTACK.

Yeah, experimental vaccines have been known to cause all kinds of cardiovascular issues.

Did he have a hot wife? You might want to "comfort" her....

No.

I met her just once.

She seemed happy then.

But life's problems set in.

I think they had too many children or large family size for her and them to cope with.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

She needs mental health treatment. Probably some weeks in a psych hospital and a good after care program.

It's much less about lifes problems.....everyone has problems. Everyone. It's more about health (physical and mental/emotional) and how we cope, how we view life.

It can be very difficult because when someone falls that deeply into despair they have no motivation to do the things they need to do to get better.

This is not something that can be solved at home - she needs intervention and proper mental health care. She is going to need hospitalization and probably medication to get her through until shes in a place where she cares about living again. This HAS to be handled by professionals.

Last edited:

The Prowler

Factory Bastard

Check the life insurance policy does not have a "No payout for suicide" clause.

You gotta be practical in these situations.

Ours does.

Not that I've specifically checked or anything lol

In that case, it would be a good idea to have some ideas to make a suicide look like an accident. Write out some plans now so if the time comes, you have a written procedure to follow. You do not want to be trying to stage the accidental death without a plan because you'll be at a heightened state of emotion - thinking about the big insurance payout.

Pass this good advice onto your buddy, Senile @Joe. And see if you can talk him into giving you a cut of the insurance money.