Tesla Self-Driving Car Crashes into a Tree, Killing 2 in Texas

Breakfall

Such is life...
Site Supporter
I flip off Tesla drivers and Prius drivers...

No reason for that as they are nice cars. My brother in law bought a model S and he let me drive it, I also test drove a model 3. There are a good 12 or so in my neighborhood and it is impossible to go to school functions for the kids, or swim lessons, or even just the local mall without running into an owner who gushes about them.

I guess I got burned on expensive cars at age 23 when fresh out of college with my first really good paying job I decided to buy a new BMW. Not only was the car itself too expensive but as soon as the warranty ran out there were really big repair bills. Even the tires cost thousand and lots of plastic parts and sensors failed, all of which had to come from Germany, all of which seemed to cost between $400-$800 each. So I sold it and since then have either owned mostly Japanese cars (the exception was two cheap used Ford Rangers I used for work and beat the shit out of because they cost virtually nothing so who cared?).

I decided it was far better to cut expensive stuff out of my life, get what I needed instead of what I wanted, and invest the difference. 20 years later I am far better off having made that decision.

Electric cars are shit and the owners are deluded wankers.

Die, die, die!

So you missed the part where I chose not to waste my money on expensive cars? Deciding to forgo wants in order to focus on needs and investing the difference is why I have a paid off house and three rental houses in my early 40's. Lotusbud likes to pretend well off people are evil and some how stole what they have where as in reality most of us made decisions to work hard, save money for the future, denying ourselves things we wanted which weren't necessary. By any measure an $85,000 car isn't necessary especially when a Toyota Camry works just as well.

I wish people like Lotusbud would read books like the millionaire next door because that describes the vast majority of millionaires in the US. It is a mind set and anyone can do it but they have to commit themselves to a life style.

You don't understand anything I say, ever. I never said I had an issue with millionaires. You cannot find one post where I said any such thing.

I have an issue with two things: People who think money makes them somehow better than others, and corporations and individuals that exploit the labor pool. I believe people who work for a living should be paid a fair wage and no one should get rich off of exploiting people. I never once said no one should be a millionaire. I do, however, believe no one in the world needs a billion dollars.

Stop being a pea brain and accusing me of things I never said and don't believe.
Oh myyyyyyy fucking Ggggggggod. Fucking whaaaaaaaaaaaah....fucking whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah. This isn’t the forum for you ‘butt!

Jeannie

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Tesla is the only one which is even close and even it requires a human to be in the seat and to periodically touch the steering wheel. The sole exception is in valet mod which is limited to five mph and not being on a public street (so you need to be in a private parking lot). Trust me, I have lots of friends and neighbors with Teslas though I will never buy one.

I prefer to invest in assets which go up in value instead of down in value and cars, at least in general, go down, classics are really the only ones which go up and it is impossible to tell which ones will explode in popularity. 10 years ago you could buy a vintage Jeep Grand Wagooneer for $5000 for a mint restore and now they are $75,000 but that is a fluke.
‘95 Maserati appreciates in value! Yeeeeeeah baby!

images
eeww so thats a mazerati? i thought they were all cool and sporty :/

how many needle-dicked dorky homosexuals can fit in it? :Whaa?:
Square lines and durability is making a comeback. The tinny bubble cars of today would never stand the test of time. Depreciation all the way.
being stuck on a bicycle, i get it
lulz

A big sooty exhaust diesel truck... which I rev when passing fucking cyclists pedalling 2 or more abreast on narrow roadways...
that was u? bastard

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Tesla is the only one which is even close and even it requires a human to be in the seat and to periodically touch the steering wheel. The sole exception is in valet mod which is limited to five mph and not being on a public street (so you need to be in a private parking lot). Trust me, I have lots of friends and neighbors with Teslas though I will never buy one.

I prefer to invest in assets which go up in value instead of down in value and cars, at least in general, go down, classics are really the only ones which go up and it is impossible to tell which ones will explode in popularity. 10 years ago you could buy a vintage Jeep Grand Wagooneer for $5000 for a mint restore and now they are $75,000 but that is a fluke.

images

Maserati us a company that has had many ups and downs. In the post war years it was a rival for Ferrari in racing wins and performance, its heyday was the 1960's where they produced some very good looking cars with advanced engineering but the company never really had the resources or production volume to pay for the testing and quality control to really sort any of it out so that it was reliable. By the 1970's they were in steep decline going from owner to owner each failing to turn it around. They essentially produced just one new car in the 1980's and some how managed to not go completely bust still selling that same badly out dated car all through the 1990's (but only just so). In the very late 1990's they got saved by FIAT and merged with Ferrari who provided engines and technology while FIAT funded two new cars.

They had a slight Renaissance in the early 00's selling part FIAT part Ferrari but not really any Maserati cars which had a front grill on it which said Maserati. It's now in a funk again and struggling for life. They promised five new cars between 2015-2025 but not one actually appeared. The newly merged Fiat-Chrysler and PSA (PSA is a shity French car company merged with a shity Italian-American company which probably won't survive ten years because when you merge three shity companies you just get a slightly bigger shity company) says they will do great things with the brand but again nothing has actually been produced much less sold.

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter

images

Square lines and durability is making a comeback. The tinny bubble cars of today would never stand the test of time. Depreciation all the way.
lulz

A big sooty exhaust diesel truck... which I rev when passing fucking cyclists pedalling 2 or more abreast on narrow roadways...
that was u? bastard

If I could get away with it, I'd mow every last one of those idiots down.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Lotusbud, I understand everything you have posted here. Every empty headed barely intelligible part of it. It reads like a poorly educated pre-teen who doesn't understand basic economics and has a huge amount of projection mixed into it. No one has claimed to be better than anyone but your own inferiority complex keeps injecting itself into where it really doesn't belong.

Jeannie

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

images

lulz

that was u? bastard

im detecting a lot of anger

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter

images

lulz

that was u? bastard

Cyclists don't belong on roads. They create hazards, impede the flow of traffic, don't follow the rules, and they're faggots...obviously.

Cyclists should be lined up before a firing squad and their offspring hunted by hounds for sport.

Breakfall

Such is life...
Site Supporter

images

lulz

that was u? bastard

No...just an abhorrence to an excess of sweaty bum-cracked Lycra!

Jeannie

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

images

lulz

that was u? bastard

Cyclists don't belong on roads. They create hazards, impede the flow of traffic, don't follow the rules, and they're faggots...obviously.

Cyclists should be lined up before a firing squad and their offspring hunted by hounds for sport.
arent u a prepper and all about economic thriftiness? but your wife wants a loaf of bread so u climb in the ford f350 for a one mile ride?

im sorry but u sound like an angry fat boy who cant peddle a bike

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter
I laugh every time I hear or read a story of a cyclist getting their guts splattered across a windscreen, or a cop being relieved of his pistol and shot to death with it...

...you know.....feel good stories.

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter

images

lulz

that was u? bastard

arent u a prepper and all about economic thriftiness? but your wife wants a loaf of bread so u climb in the ford f350 for a one mile ride?

Wrong, darling... it's a mid sized diesel truck and there's no need to drive for bread. I can literally hit the roof of the bakery from the edge of my yard with a pebble.

I'm not angry. I just want the road lice eradicated.

Breakfall

Such is life...
Site Supporter

images

Maserati us a company that has had many ups and downs. In the post war years it was a rival for Ferrari in racing wins and performance, its heyday was the 1960's where they produced some very good looking cars with advanced engineering but the company never really had the resources or production volume to pay for the testing and quality control to really sort any of it out so that it was reliable. By the 1970's they were in steep decline going from owner to owner each failing to turn it around. They essentially produced just one new car in the 1980's and some how managed to not go completely bust still selling that same badly out dated car all through the 1990's (but only just so). In the very late 1990's they got saved by FIAT and merged with Ferrari who provided engines and technology while FIAT funded two new cars.

They had a slight Renaissance in the early 00's selling part FIAT part Ferrari but not really any Maserati cars which had a front grill on it which said Maserati. It's now in a funk again and struggling for life. They promised five new cars between 2015-2025 but not one actually appeared. The newly merged Fiat-Chrysler and PSA (PSA is a shity French car company merged with a shity Italian-American company which probably won't survive ten years because when you merge three shity companies you just get a slightly bigger shity company) says they will do great things with the brand but again nothing has actually been produced much less sold.
What was your assessment on the Leyland P76? I did a case-study on the beauty during my business studies...

images

Jeannie

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
I laugh every time I hear or read a story of a cyclist getting their guts splattered across a windscreen, or a cop being relieved of his pistol and shot to death with it...

...you know.....feel good stories.
sounds like a deep injury

Jeannie

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

images

lulz

that was u? bastard

Wrong, darling... it's a mid sized diesel truck and there's no need to drive for bread. I can literally hit the roof of the bakery from the edge of my yard with a pebble.

so do it, run them off the road

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

I'm grateful they didn't kill any innocent bystanders. Self-driving cars are a menace to society.

How would you know? There literally are no self driving cars on the road.

There have been plenty of self-driving cars on the road. Did you just wake up from a long nap?

How did a self-driving car crash if there are literally none on the road?

They were testing them all over LA, and there were quite a few crashes. Do you think Musk has suddenly stopped doing that? Do you live under a rock?

You are a stupid person. I repeat, a stupid person. Indeed if there are no self driving cars how did a supposedly "self driving car" crash. Logic would lead you to the correct answer yet you seem unable to make the connection. The answer, my mentally limited friend, is that care was not full self driving, the fool over road the safety features and tried to act like it was self driving when it was not. Thus the crash. It was neither advertised as self driving nor promoted as self driving. Someone had to turn off the you have to sit in the driver's seat and touch the steering wheel once a minute feature so that the tard could get out of the driver's seat and go to sleep in the back seat.

None of which the manufacturer said was safe to do. Not that modern fake "journalists" ever give a shit about facts. They are selling click bait to poorly informed low information people like you though so they get away with it.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

images

Durability and Maserati have never belonged in the same sentence. They were, at their best, high tech and nice looking cars which were extremely fragile and under engineered. The 1995 model you showed was originally produced in the 1970's and was so out of date it only survived selling a few hundred models per year.

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter

images

lulz

that was u? bastard

I'm trying to avoid prison... but in the middle of nowhere, sure!

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

I'm grateful they didn't kill any innocent bystanders. Self-driving cars are a menace to society.

How would you know? There literally are no self driving cars on the road.

There have been plenty of self-driving cars on the road. Did you just wake up from a long nap?

How did a self-driving car crash if there are literally none on the road?

They were testing them all over LA, and there were quite a few crashes. Do you think Musk has suddenly stopped doing that? Do you live under a rock?

You are a stupid person. I repeat, a stupid person. Indeed if there are no self driving cars how did a supposedly "self driving car" crash. Logic would lead you to the correct answer yet you seem unable to make the connection. The answer, my mentally limited friend, is that care was not full self driving, the fool over road the safety features and tried to act like it was self driving when it was not. Thus the crash. It was neither advertised as self driving nor promoted as self driving. Someone had to turn off the you have to sit in the driver's seat and touch the steering wheel once a minute feature so that the tard could get out of the driver's seat and go to sleep in the back seat.

None of which the manufacturer said was safe to do. Not that modern fake "journalists" ever give a shit about facts. They are selling click bait to poorly informed low information people like you though so they get away with it.

The fool over road the safety features? What does that even mean? LMAO Did he drive over them over the road? Or did the road roll over the safety features? Or what?

Oh, did you mean overrode? Yeah, don't tell me that was a typo, too.

Yeah. It's still driverless car technology, and that is still Musk's wet dream, and why those cars exist at all. You are all a bunch of tools.

Breakfall

Such is life...
Site Supporter

images

Durability and Maserati have never belonged in the same sentence. They were, at their best, high tech and nice looking cars which were extremely fragile and under engineered. The 1995 model you showed was originally produced in the 1970's and was so out of date it only survived selling a few hundred models per year.
Well, upon purchase it’s made over $150,000 in under 10 years. That’s a decent gain under wraps in a garage wouldn’t you agree?

Jeannie

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

images

lulz

that was u? bastard

so ur bold with a bicyclist but scared of the policeman...hmm

sounds like a case of tiny dick syndrome 2 me

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter

images

lulz

that was u? bastard

Are you one of those Lycra wearing faggot fuckwits?

Jeannie

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

images

lulz

that was u? bastard

yes we put free gasoline into diesel engines, trigger the alarm and wait for the owner 2 check it out
the owner always looks the same - half bald, wife beater stretched over a big fat belly, wool pants, suspenders and black socks in his wifes slippers lol

Breakfall

Such is life...
Site Supporter

images

lulz

that was u? bastard

yes we put free gasoline into diesel engines, trigger the alarm and wait for the owner 2 check it out
the owner always looks the same - half bald, wife beater stretched over a big fat belly, wool pants, suspenders and black socks in his wifes slippers lol
Are you high Jeannie, I’m about to get high, but are you high right now Jeannie? You seem like a cool chickie-babe when you’re high you know? I was so offended when you called me strange. I’m a social butterfly I’ll have you know...that’s about to get hhhhhhigh! Lol

:Vibin:

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

No reason for that as they are nice cars. My brother in law bought a model S and he let me drive it, I also test drove a model 3. There are a good 12 or so in my neighborhood and it is impossible to go to school functions for the kids, or swim lessons, or even just the local mall without running into an owner who gushes about them.

I guess I got burned on expensive cars at age 23 when fresh out of college with my first really good paying job I decided to buy a new BMW. Not only was the car itself too expensive but as soon as the warranty ran out there were really big repair bills. Even the tires cost thousand and lots of plastic parts and sensors failed, all of which had to come from Germany, all of which seemed to cost between $400-$800 each. So I sold it and since then have either owned mostly Japanese cars (the exception was two cheap used Ford Rangers I used for work and beat the shit out of because they cost virtually nothing so who cared?).

I decided it was far better to cut expensive stuff out of my life, get what I needed instead of what I wanted, and invest the difference. 20 years later I am far better off having made that decision.

Electric cars are shit and the owners are deluded wankers.

Die, die, die!

So you missed the part where I chose not to waste my money on expensive cars? Deciding to forgo wants in order to focus on needs and investing the difference is why I have a paid off house and three rental houses in my early 40's. Lotusbud likes to pretend well off people are evil and some how stole what they have where as in reality most of us made decisions to work hard, save money for the future, denying ourselves things we wanted which weren't necessary. By any measure an $85,000 car isn't necessary especially when a Toyota Camry works just as well.

I wish people like Lotusbud would read books like the millionaire next door because that describes the vast majority of millionaires in the US. It is a mind set and anyone can do it but they have to commit themselves to a life style.

You don't understand anything I say, ever. I never said I had an issue with millionaires. You cannot find one post where I said any such thing.

I have an issue with two things: People who think money makes them somehow better than others, and corporations and individuals that exploit the labor pool. I believe people who work for a living should be paid a fair wage and no one should get rich off of exploiting people. I never once said no one should be a millionaire. I do, however, believe no one in the world needs a billion dollars.

Stop being a pea brain and accusing me of things I never said and don't believe.

Kindly kill yourself because you are dishonest to the core. The reality is no one forces anyone to work a job, they voluntary do it, there is no "exploitation " unless people are forced into slavery. If you dislike a job then you walk across the street and you apply for a new job. All the things that you seek to stiffle are ways regular people seek to better themselves. You are your own worst enemy.

I know that is true every time I see liberals pass regulations which make common people worse off, which make the economy less dynamic, and which protect existing players at the expense of new entrepreneurs. In short, you are a lazy and stupid person and everything you support does the exact opposite of what you claim.

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter

images

lulz

that was u? bastard

I don't understand why you road lice don't just remove the seats on exercise bikes and bugger yourselves in the privacy of your own homes...