The Joy of Confirmation Bias

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
IMO, only people really far into the spectrum are capable of being unbiased observers and consumers of information (yes, a lot of scientists are on the spectrum).

That simple idea (and probably fact) being expressed, I also believe CONs are more often guilty of obvious and even gross instances of confirmation bias than are normal people. Hence, I LMAO when I see all the cons here posting, with great umbrage, about confirmation bias. Ah, the blindness.

I imagine the recent heavy "confirmation bias" activity on this site is due to a recent talking point distributed far and wide on the usual channels.

Last edited:

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
The left lives by delusion and confirmation bias. Fact. It is always projection with those fools.

SHAMPAIN

Vape Nation
Site Supporter ☠️
Anything Lotus writes that starts with "IMO" is an instant scroll bomb straight to a comment of disdain... Feel my disdain Lotus, feel it!!

Murdy

Queenie Weenie
Site Supporter ☠️
The left lives by delusion and confirmation bias. Fact. It is always projection with those fools.

And you’ve deluded yourself into this exaggerated belief that you’re some sort of enlightened echelon for hitching your wagon to the notoriously greedy Rightard hierarchy perpetuation of bullshit that something was “WRONG” in this nation and electing some B class celebrity who jumps on command…

and with an foreign import wife nonetheless :LOL3:

SHAMPAIN

Vape Nation
Site Supporter ☠️
Anything Lotus writes that starts with "IMO" is an instant scroll bomb straight to a comment of disdain... Feel my disdain Lotus, feel it!!
Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to share that with us.
4WavB0w.jpg

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

And you’ve deluded yourself into this exaggerated belief that you’re some sort of enlightened echelon for hitching your wagon to the notoriously greedy Rightard hierarchy perpetuation of bullshit that something was “WRONG” in this nation and electing some B class celebrity who jumps on command…

and with an foreign import wife nonetheless :LOL3:

Funny coming from someone who no doubt believed the fake Russia hoax and had TDS for the last half a decade, bigot.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
IMO, only people really far into the spectrum are capable of being unbiased observers and consumers of information (yes, a lot of scientists are on the spectrum).

That simple idea (and probably fact) being expressed, I also believe CONs are more often guilty of obvious and even gross instances of confirmation bias than are normal people. Hence, I LMAO when I see all the cons here posting, with great umbrage, about confirmation bias. Ah, the blindness.

I imagine the recent heavy "confirmation bias" activity on this site is due to a recent talking point distributed far and wide on the usual channels.

Everyone has biases, Lotus. You guys are the only ones who pretend you dont.

You shouldnt be mad at me because I pointed out your confirmation bias in the negative OPINIONS people in other countries have about Americans(to the exclusion of positive ones people in other countries also have)

It's like you guys actually think that if people do not agree with you, they are the bias hacks. Because you guys are so right all the time that anyone who doesnt agree must be bias or partisan. That's how you approach this. You get mad very easily as well.

You guys are impossible to talk to. Democracy literally involves being able to communicate and have civil discourse and willingness to stretch and understand others and compromise and work with others. It doesnt mean we all just do what you guys say we should regardless of the problems we see with it.

OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

Everyone has biases, Lotus. You guys are the only ones who pretend you dont.

You shouldnt be mad at me because I pointed out your confirmation bias in the negative OPINIONS people in other countries have about Americans(to the exclusion of positive ones people in other countries also have)

It's like you guys actually think that if people do not agree with you, they are the bias hacks. Because you guys are so right all the time that anyone who doesnt agree must be bias or partisan. That's how you approach this. You get mad very easily as well.

You guys are impossible to talk to. Democracy literally involves being able to communicate and have civil discourse and willingness to stretch and understand others and compromise and work with others. It doesnt mean we all just do what you guys say we should regardless of the problems we see with it.

But, Dove, you've been teaching us a lot about civil discourse. Why you mad that we mimic you?

PS, I don't believe pointing out in the very first sentence of my op that we ALL have biases is equivalent to me pretending I don't. Do you?

The Prowler

Factory Bastard

You gave exactly zero reasoning for your opinions.

You really do not know how to present a decent argument, do you?

OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

What is your reasoning, kind sir? I don't see any there.

The Prowler

Factory Bastard

What is your reasoning, kind sir? I don't see any there.

I made an observation. There is no need to give reasoning when making an observation.

But there is a need to provide reasoning when presenting an argument.

With your sarcastic remark to Joo, you implied that you felt you were presenting an argument:

Strongly developed argument. Well researched, too, I imagine. Thanks for posting.

Are you now at least agreeing that you did not present an argument?

You just gave an opinion with no reasoning.

And with that being the case, you should not expect anyone to argue with you.

Adam Hitler

110/14/88
Site Supporter

You beat me to it. I fail to see any explanation as to why "Cons" are supposedly more biased than leftards...

The whole notion is of course absurd and considering the source, there is ironically going to be a lot of bias fuelling the motive for the original post.

ALL humans are bias to some extent. It's a natural phenomenon and trying to argue that it takes place more often on one particular end of the political spectrum is ludicrous.

OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

You beat me to it. I fail to see any explanation as to why "Cons" are supposedly more biased than leftards...

The whole notion is of course absurd and considering the source, there is ironically going to be a lot of bias fuelling the motive for the original post.

ALL humans are bias to some extent. It's a natural phenomenon and trying to argue that it takes place more often on one particular end of the political spectrum is ludicrous.

The notion stems from the daily posts you cons make here. Your posts are loaded with confirmation bias and always devoid of legitimate sources. Take five minutes to read a sampling of con posts in the politics board. If you have an ounce of brain matter in your brain pan, you'll see the evidence, staring you in the face.

PS, it should read "All humans are biased to some extent," and yeah, that's what I said in the OP. Learn to read. And, yes, this thread was inspired by Dove's repeated claim that liberals are more biased. Actually, she argues that only liberals are biased. It's ludicrous. And you people are thick, thick, thick.

SHAMPAIN

Vape Nation
Site Supporter ☠️

Triggered ^^^^^

LMAO. Mission accomplished.
Wait, you've replied to my comment already now you're back again because you're clearly still thinking of said comment and I'M the one who's triggered? Makes sense... :Confused4: