The New Puritans

Lily of Denial

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Worthy of discussion and debate. I happen to agree with the perspective in general.

The article opens up with a synopsis of The Scarlett Letter by Hawthorne to set the tone of the article to come.

"We read that story with a certain self-satisfaction: Such an old-fashioned tale! Even Hawthorne sneered at the Puritans, with their “sad-colored garments and grey steeple-crowned hats,” their strict conformism, their narrow minds and their hypocrisy. And today we are not just hip and modern; we live in a land governed by the rule of law; we have procedures designed to prevent the meting-out of unfair punishment. Scarlet letters are a thing of the past.

Except, of course, they aren’t. Right here in America, right now, it is possible to meet people who have lost everything—jobs, money, friends, colleagues—after violating no laws, and sometimes no workplace rules either. Instead, they have broken (or are accused of having broken) social codes having to do with race, sex, personal behavior, or even acceptable humor, which may not have existed five years ago or maybe five months ago. Some have made egregious errors of judgment. Some have done nothing at all. It is not always easy to tell."

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

Murdy

Queenie Weenie
Site Supporter ☠️
It’s the rapid conclusions drawn from the media headlines that is the most alarming for me personally.

When I started my own forum, I recognized the community was fractured and toxic. I wanted us all to stop fighting so we could actually get to know one another. I’m at peace now with the fact that most are content in their broken mess and will never get out of survival mode… and it’s not my responsibility to fix anything or anyone… which is a hard pill to swallow for any humanitarian, but I choked it back with big tears and a stiff cocktail… and then I proceeded back to my own journey of self-love and sobriety.

OP
OP
Lily of Denial

Lily of Denial

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
It’s the rapid conclusions drawn from the media headlines that is the most alarming for me personally.

When I started my own forum, I recognized the community was fractured and toxic. I wanted us all to stop fighting so we could actually get to know one another. I’m at peace now with the fact that most are content in their broken mess and will never get out of survival mode… and it’s not my responsibility to fix anything or anyone… which is a hard pill to swallow for any humanitarian, but I choked it back with big tears and a stiff cocktail… and then I proceeded back to my own journey of self-love and sobriety.

People have to fix themselves. I actually got fucked up answers on the thread about a family acquaintance dying from covid.

How about saying nothing if you hate the poster over something serious? I don't mean you have to be kind when you hate someone, but posting nasty shit about someone's death?

It makes that person look bad.

Murdy

Queenie Weenie
Site Supporter ☠️

People have to fix themselves. I actually got fucked up answers on the thread about a family acquaintance dying from covid.

How about saying nothing if you hate the poster over something serious? I don't mean you have to be kind when you hate someone, but posting nasty shit about someone's death?

I’m disgusted. You’re absolutely right too.. it says much more about the person bleeding out the broken than it does their target.

OP
OP
Lily of Denial

Lily of Denial

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

I’m disgusted. You’re absolutely right too.. it says much more about the person bleeding out the broken than it does their target.

I expect nothing but pure shit from people here, so when I got some kind responses I was actually touched. Mostly I want people to consider protecting themselves before it's too late.

Murdy

Queenie Weenie
Site Supporter ☠️

I expect nothing but pure shit from people here, so when I got some kind responses I was actually touched. Mostly I want people to consider protecting themselves before it's too late.

I was spoiled in that my first troll home board was people who I could rely on when I needed them who didn’t take themselves so seriously and could laugh at themselves. We didn’t have this karma humping of teams either. If we got a good laugh, we all got it together and there wasn’t the butthurt you see now.

The childishness of this site is lame tbh…. But there are a few who I enjoy exchanging with…. You & Lotus included.

OP
OP
Lily of Denial

Lily of Denial

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

I was spoiled in that my first troll home board was people who I could rely on when I needed them who didn’t take themselves so seriously and could laugh at themselves. We didn’t have this karma humping of teams either. If we got a good laugh, we all got it together and there wasn’t the butthurt you see now.

The childishness of this site is lame tbh…. But there are a few who I enjoy exchanging with…. You & Lotus included.

Thanks, I feel the same way about BF. It has potential.

Omnipotent

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
So much bitching about cancel culture, but no one discusses anything if it's not in 280 characters or less.

I have a lot to say about this. I'm following the Ginger and Nutmeg saga and through a talented Jamaican author, Lady Colin Campbell, on her Youtube channel. Every second or third day, a new hour enstallment comes on. She has a HUGE American following too. Lady C, lives in castle in the UK, Castle Goring (sp?)

Megsy baby fancies herself a champion of Woke, omg, the way Lady C takes the piss out Meghan has to be seen to believed.

When I go to my PC tomorrow I'll add a youtube.

Something has to be done about the cancel culture.

Bastard Factory

Chairman of the Bored
Administrator

Keeping on topic.

Anon report the repeat/thread jacking offenders and we'll deport them to Meltdown.

OP
OP
Lily of Denial

Lily of Denial

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

Keeping on topic.

Anon report the repeat/thread jacking offenders and we'll deport them to Meltdown.

Got it. I simply ignored that.

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter

I saw that thread and decided not to directly comment on you... Most of it was bullshit but the family member dying bit still made it a no-go for me. Remove the personal references and I would have ripped you a new one however. The thread was manipulative and a trap.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Lily of Denial

Lily of Denial

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

I saw that thread and decided not to directly comment on you... Most of it was bullshit but the family member dying bit still made it a no-go for me. Remove the personal references and I would have ripped you a new one however. The thread was manipulative and a trap.

You're disturbed.

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter

You're disturbed.

No, enlightened...

OP
OP
Lily of Denial

Lily of Denial

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

You're disturbed.

No, enlightened...

You spelled retarded wrong.

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter

Keeping on topic.

Aylana

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

You're disturbed.

He appears to be drunk again.

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter

You're disturbed.

He appears to be drunk again.

Ok, Stroppy...

Omnipotent

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Serious injustices are occurring to innocent people. Losing jobs being the most serious. My worry is keeping children away from their cancel culture influences.

The other thing that is truly worrying to me is history being re-written. Or Omitting history out of stories altogether to favour one group over their opposing side. I remember hearing the Serbs side in the Bosnian war. I only heard the Serb side ONCE on our SBS (channel for ethnics mainly) which totally explained what went on for real.

It went like this, the Serbs were workers who could only afford a couple of kids. They were supper pissed off that the Bosnians had dozens of kids and lived on welfare so that erupted into a war now known as the Bosnian War.... and we called it, ethnic cleansing.

Same deal with the Middle East, the Jews and Palestinians and their never ending wars....

There are two groups of people, iron and clay... right and left and they don't mix.

I have no idea how to solve it. I think if you have a counter idea to the balmy far left, you have to word it carefully to get your point or message through on Social media.

Even this free speech board has to close certain sections in fear of the cancel culture flying by on their wonky broomsticks and causing havoc.

We need innovative writers.