The Portuguese don't seem to like Lotusbud.

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
So, I saw the link to the article. The headline is bullshit. Click bait. Here is where it specifically addresses the problem with "Californians" as opposed to "Americans."

"Portuguese activists have reportedly taken to the streets to protest the gentrification caused by Americans, many of them Californians, who have moved into the neighborhood and caused skyrocketing rent and evictions. "

That's about as non-specific as you can get. Absolutely zero facts involved.

And like I said before, any American, or English or Dutch, etc, person who moves here and drives up prices by living large is an asshole, and I don't blame the Portuguese for being pissed.

Actually, the bigger problem in places like Lisbon and Porto is AirFuckingBandB.

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
The thread is in GENERAL SECTION, in PUBLIC VIEW.. I'm pretty sure it's not a good idea to be calling people a fucking Moron in a thread where the OP posted a legit topic. I know you probably don't give 2 shits that BF needs posters here and this certainly isn't helping that when potential users look in and see someone being ridiculed. :/ You could have reported and moved on, BUT NOPE, you had to shit things up. AGAIN.

Where did the thread get moved? :GiggleBitch:

Biggie Smiles

I make libturds berry angry. I do!!!
Site Supporter
So, I saw the link to the article. The headline is bullshit. Click bait. Here is where it specifically addresses the problem with "Californians" as opposed to "Americans."

"Portuguese activists have reportedly taken to the streets to protest the gentrification caused by Americans, many of them Californians, who have moved into the neighborhood and caused skyrocketing rent and evictions. "

And like I said before, any American, or English or Dutch, etc, person who moves here and drives up prices by living large is an asshole, and I don't blame the Portuguese for being pissed.

Actually, the bigger problem in places like Lisbon and Porto is AirFuckingBandB.
But wait a minute

I thought you proggies were for the little people?

So why is it when you enter this country their prices skyrocket? Isn't that in itself contributing to the evil capitalism you say you loathe?

Admin.

All that glitters, is not gold.
Site Supporter ☠️

Huge issue in my quaint fishing/tourist town, short term rentals have distorted the housing market. The service market can’t afford to live here.

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

Huge issue in my quaint fishing/tourist town, short term rentals have distorted the housing market. The service market can’t afford to live here.

Yes. It's really tragic. AirBnB and the others need to reign themselves in, and municipalities need to pass restrictive laws. But everyone wants to get in on the profit treadmill.

Last edited: