The Tik Tok bill is the death of freedom.

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter
I've been reading the RESTRICT Act and this thing is full-on mental.

Most of the terms are so vague and the definitions left up to some empty-suited bureaucrat that it'll be used to target all kinds of crazy shit.

The term 'entity' specifically includes labor unions, "a fraternal or social organization", "a partnership", and "a joint venture". So basically anyone with any connections to other human beings. What could go wrong?

It doesn't only target TikTok and other apps (including games); it considers fair play stuff like ISPs, wireless LANs, mobile networks (cell service), servers, webcams, modems, drones and other unmanned vehicles, "advanced robotics", e-commerce (PayPal, etc.), and even open-source software applications. Full spectrum control.

It repurposes the usual list of "foreign adversaries":
China, Cuba, Iran, DPRK, Russia, and Venezuela (look for more BRICS bloc nations to be added I'm sure).

It includes provisions for civil forfeiture.

Punishments include a fine of up to $1Million and/or 20 years in prison.

And, unsurprisingly, it attempts to carve out a FOIA exemption on internal documents.

In-fucking-sane.
This is the Patriot Act merged with the Disinformation Governance Board and then pumped full of steroids.

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!
Proggies gonna prog, Lefties gonna left, Rhinos gonna get cheap Chinese Rhinestones and resell them through the progs and leftists at a hyperinflation value before the market for shit falls out, while Nancy Pelosi's husband, Al gWhore, and that tranny loving Obama do the exact opposite of their public platforms.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
\That's not the fault of Twitter or TikTok.
That's simply how humans communicate.
The only way to 100% prevent miscommunications is to never open your mouth in the first place.
Not only is that inadvisable, it's essentially impossible (unless you're a monk living in a monastery?).
Y'know @Garraty_47 there was this guy who was runnin' for political office in my city who wrote some stuff on Twitter that got 'im canned.

he said shit like "We men love sluts" and "Who’s really to blame? Hitler or the people who acted on his words?" or "Call me simplistic but I agree with Ron Paul. Drugs should be legalized. All drugs, not just pot. No slope then."

li-bc-130424-tootill.jpg

...it was funny actually. But just illustrates how damaging social media can be. I don't see why it should be, but people overreact and get upset by stupid shit like that.

"...We Men love sluts"

...classic

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter
That's the thing: I don't see myself as having views that are "left" or "right".
I have views. They are the views I have, and they are mine.
I leave it to others to put them in the "left" box or the "right" box.
That distinction means absolutely nothing to me.

But you've supported efforts in the past or theories that suggest that mob rule should dictate individual behaviours.... even if they are at odds with a person's philosophical or religious belief.

I can't go for that, oh no... to quote Hall and Oates.

To me, that's the epitome of authoritarianism and I'd like such people to suddenly stop breathing. I'm willing to donate a rope or pillow for the cause.

Nobody tells me how I operate.

Breakfall

Such is life...
Site Supporter
But you've supported efforts in the past or theories that suggest that mob rule should dictate individual behaviours.... even if they are at odds with a person's philosophical or religious belief.

I can't go for that, oh no... to quote Hall and Oates.

To me, that's the epitome of authoritarianism and I'd like such people to suddenly stop breathing. I'm willing to donate a rope or pillow for the cause.

Nobody tells me how I operate.
I don’t know about you guys, but I’ve just had the weirdest time up in Shoutboxx! Fucking hell…

Seamajor

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Too much BS to listen too for 30 plus minutes. Anything like book banning?

OP
OP
Oerdin

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
This is about censorship so it is good to remember the Biden admin and the Democraps were massively involved in censoring true information for political reasons. This bill would make all of that legally and no one would even be able to legally find out about it.

OP
OP
Oerdin

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
You will notice the Biden Admin is using the IRS to target journalists who wrote stories Democraps dislike. Matt Taiebi was literally testifying before Congress about the Twitter files and the weaponization of the federal government by the Democraps.

OP
OP
Oerdin

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
They actually seem more balanced on this one and I am willing to listen to them but wonder if they would be willing to do the same for the other side.

Last edited: