This is exciting! Glad it's NASA and not Musk

OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Factory Bastard
An international team of scientists with Nasa, the Jet Propulsion Lab and the Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Lab will oversee the odyssey.

At a time when there is a space launch virtually every week, this mission promises something different, suggests Professor Fox-Powell.

“There's no profit being made. This is about exploration and curiosity, and pushing back the boundaries of our knowledge of our place in the universe,” he says.

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
Factory Bastard
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

"Europa Clipper will now travel 1.8 billion miles to reach Europa"

"Located 628 million kilometres (390 million miles) from Earth, Europa is just a bit bigger than our moon"

Does anyone know why Europa Clipper is traveling more than 4.6 times the distance of the distance to the moon to get to that moon?

Admin.

Shake it off.
Site Supporter
Factory Bastard

"Located 628 million kilometres (390 million miles) from Earth, Europa is just a bit bigger than our moon"

Does anyone know why Europa Clipper is traveling more than 4.6 times the distance of the distance to the moon to get to that moon?
I asked a buddy mine who's into Astrology, he said it's because Europa is farther away than "our" moon.

Follow me for more astronomical recipes

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
Factory Bastard
I asked a buddy mine who's into Astrology, he said it's because Europa is farther away than "our" moon.

Follow me for more astronomical recipes

Oh, you think our moon is 628 million kilometres from Earth? Wrong.

Also, the article said Europa is 628 million kilometres from Earth, not our own moon.

How about you only post when you do not have something stupid to say?

Admin.

Shake it off.
Site Supporter
Factory Bastard
Ma'am, I need you to calm down.

upAxgBc.png

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
Factory Bastard

Anyone want to take a shot without making an ass of themselves?

OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Factory Bastard
Anyone want to take a shot without making an ass of themselves?
Maybe because they are doing a series of flybys. And perhaps they don't get to Europa as the crow flies in the first place. Are you really upset about this? You seem upset, dude.

OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Factory Bastard

Also, the article said Europa is 628 million kilometres from Earth, not our own moon.

It wasn't that hard to look up, you lazy %^$*.

The largest spacecraft NASA ever built for a mission headed to another planet,
also is the first NASA mission dedicated to studying an ocean world beyond Earth. The spacecraft will travel 1.8 billion miles (2.9 billion kilometers) on a trajectory that will leverage the power of gravity assists, first to Mars in four months and then back to Earth for another gravity assist flyby in 2026. After it begins orbiting Jupiter in April 2030, the spacecraft will fly past Europa 49 times.

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
Factory Bastard
This thread has been awesome.

It has shown that @Admin. thinks that whenever someone says "moon", he thinks they mean "the Earth's moon"...

And that @Admin. has no concept of how far away Earth's moon is from Earth....

And that @Lily cannot comprehend basic English....

And that while @LotusBud can understand basic English, she gets overly emotional over a simple question and misunderstands the intention of the question: I already knew the answer, you dope!!! Hahaha!! I was trying to bring something a little more interesting the the thread than just posting an article that nobody will really read anyways.

At least you actually answered the question, @LotusBud...I hope you learned something. But I actually doubt that you did.

OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Factory Bastard

It has shown that @Admin. thinks that whenever someone says "moon", he thinks they mean "the Earth's moon"...

And that while @LotusBud can understand basic English, she gets overly emotional over a simple question and misunderstands the intention of the question: I already knew the answer, you dope!!! Hahaha!! I was trying to bring something a little more interesting the the thread than just posting an article that nobody will really read anyways.

At least you actually answered the question, @LotusBud...I hope you learned something. But I actually doubt that you did.
Sure.

Admin.

Shake it off.
Site Supporter
Factory Bastard
You just have a weak mind so the question confuses you.

Maybe colours will help you....

No?

Hahahahaha!!!!!!
Like my Astrologist buddy said dipstick, Europa is farther away. Quit being retarded and bald.

OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Factory Bastard

You just have a weak mind so the question confuses you.

Maybe colours will help you....

No?

Hahahahaha!!!!!!

So, WHO gets emotional again?

OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Factory Bastard

And, yes, @Lily was right. That right there ^^^^^^ is a very badly worded question. But I rewrote it in my head into the proper form: Does anyone know why the Europa Clipper will travel more than 4.6 times the distance between Earth and Europa on this voyage?

"...the distance of the distance to the moon to get to that moon" LMAO

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
And, yes, @Lily was right. That right there ^^^^^^ is a very badly worded question. But I rewrote it in my head into the proper form: Does anyone know why the Europa Clipper will travel more than 4.6 times the distance between Earth and Europa on this voyage?

He's immature for a man of his age. He, like most conservatives, refuses to be accountable...even to himself.

Admin.

Shake it off.
Site Supporter
Factory Bastard

That is how I read it and why I responded as I did, and his rejection of my answer I must admit gave me pause.

OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Factory Bastard
He's immature for a man of his age. He, like most conservatives, refuses to be accountable...even to himself.
Plus he derailed this thread because he's too immature to simply talk about the mission. He has to turn it into a "gotcha" thread full of insults. So typically conservative.

Admin.

Shake it off.
Site Supporter
Factory Bastard
He wants to troll in the upper boards. That's frowned upon. He knows this, he just doesn't give a shit.
I think he thought going beyond his abilities by financing beyond all his practical means a Corvette in Arctic White would turn him into something new and improved and more desirable to @Lily 'Cause every Lily crazy 'bout a vette-dressed man!

Last edited: