This just seems like news to me

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Of course it can and will become a political conversation, but ultimately it's news. Is news forbidden outside the Ass Box?

I don't know, and I don't care, do you?

This is news.

"The UK is facing a constitutional crisis that will strain the Union as new polls reveal a majority of voters in Scotland and Northern Ireland want referendums on the break-up of Britain.

A four-country survey we commissioned, based on separate polls in Scotland, Northern Ireland, England and Wales, also found that the sense of British identity that once bound the country together is disintegrating. "

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

X

xXx
Site Supporter
Wowee
this thread sure looks like fun :Excited1:

5bb.gif

weren't you supposed to leave, ffs

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Non issue as no vote can be called for another 20-30 years.

OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

Not so sure you know what you're talking about:

Independence is going to be a big issue in 2021

The SNP will call for the power to hold another referendum in their manifesto for the Holyrood election in May - and polls suggest they are on course to win comfortably.

Even if they don't have a majority, the pro-independence Greens might get them over the line again. Nicola Sturgeon will then be able to call the prime minister and say she has a mandate.

Scrawny The Ghost

Interdimensional UltraMegaRich Luxury BLTQ+ Banker
my Google news feed has plenty of non political news. Cancel culture, Police bullshit, Gentrification, minecraft, 3 articles about Covid.

I actually have not seen or heard much about any politics lately besides local stuff. It seems the algorithms have determined that I am less willing to look at political news during a non election time.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

The SNP will call for the power to hold another referendum in their manifesto for the Holyrood election in May - and polls suggest they are on course to win comfortably.

Even if they don't have a majority, the pro-independence Greens might get them over the line again. Nicola Sturgeon will then be able to call the prime minister and say she has a mandate.

Not legal unless approved by act of parliament and the last one was agreed to be the only one allowed for at least 30 years.

OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

Not legal unless approved by act of parliament and the last one was agreed to be the only one allowed for at least 30 years.

Link? There sure is a lot of talk in all the news outlets for an action that can't take place.

Breakfall

Such is life...
Site Supporter
Of course it can and will become a political conversation, but ultimately it's news. Is news forbidden outside the Ass Box?

This is news.

"The UK is facing a constitutional crisis that will strain the Union as new polls reveal a majority of voters in Scotland and Northern Ireland want referendums on the break-up of Britain.

A four-country survey we commissioned, based on separate polls in Scotland, Northern Ireland, England and Wales, also found that the sense of British identity that once bound the country together is disintegrating. "

tenor.gif

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

Link? There sure is a lot of talk in all the news outlets for an action that can't take place.

I am going to assume you have not been watching this topic for years like I have since I am half Scottish and have Scottish family. The last independence referendum was specifically billed as a once in a generation vote and the act of parliament which authorized put a thirty year date on how long it could be until another could be held.

OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

I am going to assume you have not been watching this topic for years like I have since I am half Scottish and have Scottish family. The last independence referendum was specifically billed as a once in a generation vote and the act of parliament which authorized put a thirty year date on how long it could be until another could be held.

You probably should refrain from assuming things. It's a good approach in general.

I am almost half Scottish and I have been paying attention for years also. I'm not claiming to be an expert at all, but I can't find anything online that adheres to your claim that it can't be voted on again earlier than you claim.

All I'm asking for is a link to this date restriction. I can't find it.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Even the SNP admitted it was a once in a generation vote. Until they lost and now they want votes every year until they win. Sorry, it doesn't work that way.

Illicit

Factory Bastard
Take it from the source. The Scots are welcome to that frozen shithole, the faster passports have to be shown at Hadrain's Wall the better.

The loyal Northern Irish would never leave. Christ. Those cunts are more English at heart than I am. The fact there's about 3 times more loyalist Protestants than Nationalist Catholics helps there.

Breakfall

Such is life...
Site Supporter

This is news.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Scotland won't be leaving and it would certainly be blocked from joining the EU as countries like Spain, Belgium, and Romania do not want to see any break away groups being accepted.