Tomorrow I start my 3rd Portuguese class

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
in one week. Right now I have two.

In the fall I start a fourth, but it's twice a week, so I'll probably drop one of the three. Five days a week is a bit much, especially since the city-sponsored class is 8 hours a week. I have too much other shit to do.

RANCIDMILKO ™ ®©

Ceedoobie's #1 Fan
Site Supporter ☠️

In the fall I start a fourth, but it's twice a week, so I'll probably drop one of the three. Five days a week is a bit much, especially since the city-sponsored class is 8 hours a week. I have too much other shit to do.

Vê se estuda, não vai ficar paquerando os portugas.

OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

Vê se estuda, não vai ficar paquerando os portugas.
Por que eu não deveria paquerar?? Adora os portugas.

Admin.

All that glitters, is not gold.
Site Supporter ☠️
Why do you need a class? Just go talk to the locals. You've been there long enough to speak like one now, for gods sake.
While Kirk Hammett was selling out Stadiums with Metallica, he was also taking guitar lessons from Joe Satriani.

THE MUSICIAN: Pablo Casals, who performed at the UN recently, is 81. He agreed to have Robert Snyder make a movie short, “A Day in the Life of Pablo Casals.” Snyder asked Casals, the world’s foremost cellist, why he continues to practice four and five hours a day. Casals answered: “Because I think I am making progress.”

OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Why do you need a class? Just go talk to the locals. You've been there long enough to speak like one now, for gods sake.
While Kirk Hammett was selling out Stadiums with Metallica, he was also taking guitar lessons from Joe Satriani.

THE MUSICIAN: Pablo Casals, who performed at the UN recently, is 81. He agreed to have Robert Snyder make a movie short, “A Day in the Life of Pablo Casals.” Snyder asked Casals, the world’s foremost cellist, why he continues to practice four and five hours a day. Casals answered: “Because I think I am making progress.”
Por que eu não deveria paquerar?? Adora os portugas.
Você cometeu um pequeno erro nessa frase. Consegue encontrá-lo?

Ah. I meant adoro! That was a typo. I swear. I know better. LOL

RANCIDMILKO ™ ®©

Ceedoobie's #1 Fan
Site Supporter ☠️
Funny thing is that if you spoke that, nobody would notice, because the sound of "a" in the end of "adora" would be suppressed by the "o" of "os"

RANCIDMILKO ™ ®©

Ceedoobie's #1 Fan
Site Supporter ☠️
Funny thing is that if you spoke that, nobody would notice, because the sound of "a" in the end of "adora" would be suppressed by the "o" of "os"

That's for sure.
When you say it's a typo I believe you because it's a pretty simple rule, you use "o" with the verbs to indicate it's 1st person

In my advanced English classes, I'd never lower a student's grade because they forgot to put the "s" in a verb in the 3rd person

I'd simply circle it. I knew they knew the rule for sure.

OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

That's for sure.
When you say it's a typo I believe you because it's a pretty simple rule, you use "o" with the verbs to indicate it's 1st person

In my advanced English classes, I'd never lower a student's grade because they forgot to put the "s" in a verb in the 3rd person

I totally know it. I know it from Spanish. Since 7th grade.

RANCIDMILKO ™ ®©

Ceedoobie's #1 Fan
Site Supporter ☠️

That's for sure.

And it's PRECISELY the easiest ones we tend to get wrong ughhh

E você não deve paquerar porque se o fosse o seu marido, eu ficaria puto da vida se soubesse que meu amor da popa média está por aí flertando com esses manés.

RANCIDMILKO ™ ®©

Ceedoobie's #1 Fan
Site Supporter ☠️
Popa é bunda

Uma maneira mais antiga

Popa, popô, poupança

Yep, "savings account" is also another name for ass in Brazoo

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

That's for sure.

And it's PRECISELY the easiest ones we tend to get wrong ughhh

E você não deve paquerar porque se o fosse o seu marido, eu ficaria puto da vida se soubesse que meu amor da popa média está por aí flertando com esses manés.

I can pick out a few words here & there by reading them. At least in written form they bear some resemblance to French.

However damned i'd know if someone actually spoke it in front of me.

I'll bet you could pick up Quebec French Rancid. Aurally it's probably along the same level of difficulty as Portuguese.

Last edited:

Murdy

Queenie Weenie
Site Supporter ☠️

That's for sure.

I took French and Italian in 7th. I got to Spanish III in HS. I can’t help you with Portuguese tho.. it’s so confusing to me when Rancid speaks it.

But I think Gurk made a point… practicing with the locals will help. I speak best when I’m in Mexico speaking to the people working at the resort. Not sure what that’s about… but it’s true.

Reggie_Essent

An Claidheam Anam

That's for sure.

I took French and Italian in 7th. I got to Spanish III in HS. I can’t help you with Portuguese tho.. it’s so confusing to me when Rancid speaks it.

But I think Gurk made a point… practicing with the locals will help. I speak best when I’m in Mexico speaking to the people working at the resort. Not sure what that’s about… but it’s true.

That was precisely my point, dear. You see, I actually had one, unlike Admin's pathetic attempt to sound witty whilst meat shielding.

Murdy

Queenie Weenie
Site Supporter ☠️

That's for sure.

That was precisely my point, dear. You see, I actually had one, unlike Admin's pathetic attempt to sound witty whilst meat shielding.

everyone is caught up in the thread wars…

perhaps we should let them in on the best kept secret… that we are a forum community despite the shit flinging

RANCIDMILKO ™ ®©

Ceedoobie's #1 Fan
Site Supporter ☠️
If you wanna speak these so called romance languages you have to fuck and argue with native speakers and have copious amounts of booze in you during the process

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
If you wanna speak these so called romance languages you have to fuck and argue with native speakers and have copious amounts of booze in you during the process

When I was a young girl we had family friends that were Chilean (passed on now) that were newly arrived from Chile. We were visiting them at their home and they were discussing the challenges of learning Spanish in their 50's. The Chileans can be pretty funny people. The husband says "I've heard that the best way to learn English is to sleep with an American." Of course there were some chuckles...it was the way he said it that was funny. Without missing a beat, his wife drolly responds "I think learning English would benefit me greatly". That drew the most laughs because she was such a sweet and straight laced woman.

:GiggleBitch:

OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

That's for sure.

Yeah. I live with the locals. I practice with them every single day. Portuguese is, A, far harder than Spanish or Italian. A little harder than French. B, it's a fuckload lot easier to learn a language when you're young. And Rancid speaks the more sensible form of Portuguese. Brasileiro is much more rational. European Portuguese is cray cray.

OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

When I was a young girl we had family friends that were Chilean (passed on now) that were newly arrived from Chile. We were visiting them at their home and they were discussing the challenges of learning Spanish in their 50's. The Chileans can be pretty funny people. The husband says "I've heard that the best way to learn English is to sleep with an American." Of course there were some chuckles...it was the way he said it that was funny. Without missing a beat, his wife drolly responds "I think learning English would benefit me greatly". That drew the most laughs because she was such a sweet and straight laced woman.

:GiggleBitch:

My one neighbor who speaks English learned it from all the women from all over the world that he slept with. It was the lingua franca, the only way to be a great pick up artist.