Toxic political discourse

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
People are out there resorting to violence....discourse is dead.

I've pointed this out here so many times. I tried to directly discuss a policy that Trump was offering that I agreed with....the platinum plan....and two men, Admin and Holiday, called me an ignorant slut and a disgusting pig. You can't talk anymore.

And everytime I've brought this up....how just I get treated trying to discuss issue and policy....one of my "opposition" just yelps "CONS DO IT!!"

No shit. If you get attacked and smeared everytime you critisize The Party you are gonna start hitting back. I have been much nicer and more respectful than the authoritarians who constantly name call and spew insults and never actually address anything.

I found it fascinating how many Bernie Bros actually swung Trumps way after Bernie was fucked during primaries. It was like half went with Clinton and the rest rage voted Trump. I do disagree that Trump siezed on the division. His attacks were always flung at establishment politicians. His campaigning was going to around the country and talking to ordinary people.

I blame the corpo media for that. I see it as they siezed on Trump and made him a divisive figure. Everyone sucked Trumps asshole up until the moment he started bringing peoples grievances with the establishment to the mainstream argument. From that moment on it was blatant lies and distorted truths reported on him.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Garraty_47

Garraty_47

Mutants Rule!
Site Supporter
I found it fascinating how many Bernie Bros actually swung Trumps way after Bernie was fucked during primaries. It was like half went with Clinton and the rest rage voted Trump.

I'd be surprised if a large number of Bernie supporters "rage voted" for Trump.
A lot of them voted for Hillary (more than the percentage of her supporters during her first run who went on to vote for Obama). Others voted Green Party etc. or didn't vote at all.

If that many Bernie supporters switched to Trump he probably would have won the popular vote as well.

I do disagree that Trump siezed on the division. His attacks were always flung at establishment politicians. His campaigning was going to around the country and talking to ordinary people.

His use of derogatory nicknames; chants of "lock her up"; his characterizations of democrats and the media; etc.

Trump wasn't "painted" as a divisive figure.
He was a divisive figure. But hey- it worked out for him.
Too bad it also further widened by an order of magnitude the pre-existing chasm republicans and democrats had been nurturing between their supporters for decades.

Seamajor

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Doesn’t look like it’s working out right now. Time will tell

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
I'd be surprised if a large number of Bernie supporters "rage voted" for Trump.
A lot of them voted for Hillary (more than the percentage of her supporters during her first run who went on to vote for Obama). Others voted Green Party etc. or didn't vote at all.

If that many Bernie supporters switched to Trump he probably would have won the popular vote as well.

His use of derogatory nicknames; chants of "lock her up"; his characterizations of democrats and the media; etc.

Trump wasn't "painted" as a divisive figure.
He was a divisive figure. But hey- it worked out for him.
Too bad it also further widened by an order of magnitude the pre-existing chasm republicans and democrats had been nurturing between their supporters for decades.

Well I don't know how many rage voted Trump buy I know some chunks of them did. I even know some of them lol.

Okay I'll give you that. He did have some pretty epic flames flung on Hillary BUT still....I did acknowledge his attacks on politicains. He did do that. He didn't get up there and encourage hatred towards other citizens though, that's more what I meant.

And really people want the fucking Clinton's locked up. For a long time we have been seeing these sleeze bag fucks lie and skirt around laws and ethics and nothing ever happens so it was refreshing to see that .....BUT ....I don't necessarily agree with it as he dropped that whole thing as soon as he won. So yeah he did sieze on that.

I guess I don't care much what gets said about politcains and I don't think that should even be divisive. What I think of when I hear divisive is when you got propagandists lying and distorting about elected officials and regular people for the purpose of fostering hatred to use as a way to help a party win. That's what put the bullet through the heart of civil discourse and inspired violence and hate.

Even the lock her up thing....we still could have discussed that. You know? But when you are told everyone hates you and wants to see you fail or due and they are attacking your rights when they are not, that's harder to discuss if you believe it. That's gonna shut down discourse before it can even start.

The most divisive things about Trump imo are things that didn't even happen. Like the whole "Mexicans are rapists" and "neo nazis are good people" ....and as easy as it is to show these claims are not true....people still fully believe this.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
Doesn’t look like it’s working out right now. Time will tell

It's all falling apart, Sea. I know that's hard to wrap a mind around and something we never thought we would see....but its happening.

I hope I'm wrong.