Ukraine Using Depleted Uranium Being Supplied To Them By The UK

Master Pu

I'll Funk You Up!
I was around plenty of that depleted uranium dust and am just fine.
Those shells make big holes in reinforced concrete I can vouch for that.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Who cares? Seriously, it is a naturally occurring metal and is used in armor piercing rounds because it is the heaviest and most dense naturally occurring metal. So it makes great armor piercing shells. Sadly, ignorant fools wrongly believe it is some how a nuclear bomb. It is not.

Garraty_47

Mutants Rule!
Site Supporter
Who cares? Seriously, it is a naturally occurring metal and is used in armor piercing rounds because it is the heaviest and most dense naturally occurring metal. So it makes great armor piercing shells. Sadly, ignorant fools wrongly believe it is some how a nuclear bomb. It is not.

Depleted uranium is the by-product of a uranium enrichment process.
No one here said it was "some how a nuclear bomb" but it is toxic and radioactive.

OP
OP
realgrimm

realgrimm

ፕልክፏቹክፕ ነየርጎልረጎነፕ
Global Moderator
No one here said it was "some how a nuclear bomb" but it is toxic and radioactive.
Yup article even said the US used 3 tons of Depleted Uranium on Iraq...

Leaving it behind to leech into the soil and water supplies causing genetic mutations and cancers

Garraty_47

Mutants Rule!
Site Supporter
Yup article even said the US used 3 tons of Depleted Uranium on Iraq...

Leaving it behind to leech into the soil and water supplies causing genetic mutations and cancers

When you order take-out democracy from Mc'Murica you have to read the fine print... it doesn't only say what they'll bring it also says what they can leave there.

Related: the War-By-Other-Means menu is misleading; it always includes extra sanctions even if nobody wanted any.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

Not really. I can show you naturally occurring rocks which are more radioactive. You probably get more background radiation then you will get from being in a combat zone where D.U armor piercing rounds are used. This why they are entirely legal.

BTW I served in combat zones where they were used. Here is a good primer.