Vacation Plans.

Flynn

Lion Heart Diva
It's becoming or getting close to that time of year where families/couples/people take vacations. For 2023 we didn't have anything planned on account the kids would be home for the Summer and assumed they'd be involved in extracurricular sporting activities. Weren't we surprised when one of our kiddo's was invited to spend the entire Summer abroad playing in soccer tournaments and friendlies. Now, what to do with the other one? Thankfully, a spot opened up at a specialty camp for the entire Summer.

I was thinking because we just purchased this about a year ago (not the one in the picture, but one similar to that) with 1,500 miles on it, that we could drive down the Oregon Coast and follow PCH 101 all the way down to Monterey area and hit up the Monterey Bay Aquarium.

1366-2000.jpg

There's plenty of great hotels/inns/motels along the coast and we might even stop in Astoria to look at The Goonies house. I know if we go we're going to stay at a Hampton Inn or a Hilton if they're available because I need that comfort.

I really want to explore the Monterey Bay Aquarium. Has anyone been there? Any suggestions? I did notice there were quite a few marine wildlife centers around this area, makes sense I guess.

Has anyone stayed at The Mill? It's in North Bend Oregon.

Last edited:

Blazor

Put your glasses on!
Site Supporter
Im a Hillbilly, so of course I'll be up in the mountains around banjos and fiddles at several different music festivals. Already been to one a couple weeks ago, got another to go to next week, then another the week after that, and at least 3 more to follow. I usually camp at these festivals. My favorite one is in West Virginia. Before covid, there was 5000 there, camping and playing music all over the whole place, frickin' amazing.

Of course I'll be doing some basic camping as well up in the mountains. My foot still fooked, so I prolly wont be backpacking til the Fall, if any this year. Its so peaceful, way up on a mountain, by a stream, with no cell service, or anyone around for miles. Jus' chillin' with a fire, a ripplin' stream, sounds of nature, colorful leaves, and lookin' over your shoulder every now and then for a bear, lulz.

Biggie Smiles

I make libturds berry angry. I do!!!
Site Supporter
I got a luxury cruise coming up. Nothing too fancy. Just a 5,000.00 suite on one of the biggest cruise ships ever constructed

Blurt

Bastard of the Century
Site Supporter ☠️
My own plans start off in a fashion remarkably similar to Flynn's. Come September, we plan to drive down the coast from Seattle to Los Angeles with a little excursion into Oregon to visit the Air and Space Museum in Eugene. From L.A., we plan to head to Las Vegas and then further east through Flagstaff and Albuquerque before heading up through Denver, Casper, Billings, Missoula, and Spokane. Basically, a trip around the American Rockies. I'm looking forward to it. I've only ever travelled around the eastern seaboard and New England before.

Breakfall

Such is life...
Site Supporter
I live in God’s Country…every day is like a vacation. The missus and I cruise coast to coast surfing beautiful waves.

images

images

PS: don’t come to Australia…it’s overrated! Lol

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
Going camping this coming Tuesday for a 3 nights.

Then home for a week, then off Vancouver for a few days then going on an Alaskan cruise. I am still hoping Senile @Joe will save me a few bucks and give me a place to stay. And cook me breakfast.

Then we have 4 more camping trips planned for the summer.

But I enjoy being home too. I play baseball on weekends. I have music events regularly. I keep quite busy.

I like cruising around in my C8 Corvette.

I have posed this video several times. I have no idea if people can see it. The roof is off and you can tell that the cabin noise is minimal. It is a great design.

Biggie Smiles

Site Supporter
I vacation about once a month. Nice resorts. Full apartments. none of that cheap stuff like disabled war hero wannbes are forced to fester in

Admin.

The Goat
Site Supporter ☠️
I vacation about once a month. Nice resorts. Full apartments. none of that cheap stuff like disabled war hero wannbes are forced to fester in
Stay classy butt muncher.

7fdd24c5c8009a0354ef5e626cd38bc7e0bf499b040bf5e8bd3e6470773ef24f_1.jpg

Can we assume you will also be posting your video footage of this luxury get away, and will there be ball tanning seminars?

Biggie Smiles

Site Supporter
ignored content

is Noodles the fairy cock sucker mad or something?

OP
OP
Flynn

Flynn

Lion Heart Diva
My own plans start off in a fashion remarkably similar to Flynn's. Come September, we plan to drive down the coast from Seattle to Los Angeles with a little excursion into Oregon to visit the Air and Space Museum in Eugene. From L.A., we plan to head to Las Vegas and then further east through Flagstaff and Albuquerque before heading up through Denver, Casper, Billings, Missoula, and Spokane. Basically, a trip around the American Rockies. I'm looking forward to it. I've only ever travelled around the eastern seaboard and New England before.

How VERY quaint at the very least!

I love your road trip itinerary. I just can't get that much time off. I love how you can just stop on PCH 101 at the little mom & pop run gas stations and mini marts. I will say being originally from Canada and now living in the Evergreen State, I will never get used to having someone pump my gas like when we're in Oregon. That's not to say I don't like it and the biggest thing is the gas station attendants don't take tips.

So our plans have changed a little. No longer are we going to visit The Monterey Bay Aquarium in California. Instead we'll drive from Seattle through Aberdeen and Westport to get to the coast and then take it all the way down to a Spa/Resort near Lincoln City Oregon. There I get to spend one week pampered with daily Swedish and Japanese Hot Stone massages, daily skin exfoliation with Paraben free products, meditation, and nature walks. Additionally, there's a full service salon and sauna on the premises along with other relaxing activities.

You never know Blurt, we might pass each other on I-5 South or be stuck next to each other trying to get out of Seattle.

We're going sometime in July.

Blurt

Bastard of the Century
Site Supporter ☠️
How VERY quaint at the very least!

I love your road trip itinerary. I just can't get that much time off. I love how you can just stop on PCH 101 at the little mom & pop run gas stations and mini marts. I will say being originally from Canada and now living in the Evergreen State, I will never get used to having someone pump my gas like when we're in Oregon. That's not to say I don't like it and the biggest thing is the gas station attendants don't take tips.

So our plans have changed a little. No longer are we going to visit The Monterey Bay Aquarium in California. Instead we'll drive from Seattle through Aberdeen and Westport to get to the coast and then take it all the way down to a Spa/Resort near Lincoln City Oregon. There I get to spend one week pampered with daily Swedish and Japanese Hot Stone massages, daily skin exfoliation with Paraben free products, meditation, and nature walks. Additionally, there's a full service salon and sauna on the premises along with other relaxing activities.

You never know Blurt, we might pass each other on I-5 South or be stuck next to each other trying to get out of Seattle.

We're going sometime in July.

That would be, uh, trippy, to say the least.

We'll be passing through your neck of the evergreens some time in mid-September so I doubt we'll cross paths. But, yeah, that would be fun. Imagine, if you will, an actual meet-up of Bastard Factory's two brightest stars! We'd set an impossibly high bar for any future meet-ups between the run-of-the-mill dorks 'n' clowns on here forever planning to mEaT, he heh.

I haven't been to the U.S. since we took a lazy Sunday drive through the rolling green hills of Vermont oh! some ten years ago.

We bought Kevlar body armour and bullet-proofed the Bullitt.

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter
I might take a week off end of the year, make camp in the middle of nowhere in some desolate signal lacking place, and smoke half an ounce.... so basically like going to work each day but with no work, no relentless driving, and weed.

Biggie Smiles

Site Supporter
you guys realize that when Flynn says she's going on "vacation" it's because her public defender is advising her that she'll likely be convicted -- right?