What did Jesus say?

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
I read an interesting article about the work of Günther Schwarz and the mistranslations in the Bible. He is an Aramaic scholar and worked over 50 years studying Aramaic and writing about the mistranslations.

@Moonpie I thought you might find this interesting.

"Two more serious examples of fatal
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!
. In Matthew 5:22, we read someone who says to his brother, "Godless fool, let him fall into the fires of hell." Just recently, a priest complained to me that he was "afraid of hell" because of such passages in the Bible and had not been able to sleep at night for a long time. Instead of proclaiming the good news of Jesus, the fear of hell is threatened.

So too is Mark 16:16. Here the official Bible says, "Whoever does not believe will be condemned." Jesus never condemned anyone. This is a church example of blackmail to baptism and the Christian faith. The tolerant, and freedom and love preaching Jesus said no such thing."

Interesting translations of Jesus' words on war and peace, once properly translated:

"A pacifist, not a warmonger​

The translation problem becomes more difficult in other passages in the Bible. In Matthew 10:34, one finds the terrible sentence, which is said to have come from Jesus: "For I came not to bring peace, but a sword." Is that what the pacifist of the Sermon on the Mount is supposed to have said? Jesus – a warmonger, really?

I have not come to spread harmony, but to settle disputes
Translated from Aramaic, this line by Jesus means, "I have not come to spread harmony, but to settle disputes." This is much more fitting for the belligerent pacifist from Nazareth, but it is the opposite of what is written in Bibles around the world and with which church leaders have justified "Holy Wars" or "Just Wars" and blessed bombs – even the atomic bombs of
Jesus, however, blessed the peacemakers and never the warmongers and sword ideologues."