What is the most practical use of guns during Hard Times?

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
A lotta gun advocates on this forum and others seem to be stockpiling guns/ammo in the expectation or hope that there'll one day be a Civil War when the USA falls apart.

But if that were to happen, what would be the real value of guns in difficult times?

to kill each other?

Or is it something more fundamental than that?

How about food.

If times are hard, I think the last thing ya'd wanna do is kill yer neighbour.

It's more likely ya'll will have to cooperate with one another in order to survive.

I read the biography of Charleton Heston, who was once the head of the NRA.

Tho he was a staunch advocate, I don't believe he ever used a gun to kill anyone during his lifetime.

He didn't even kill anyone during World War II, even tho he enlisted in his nation's armed forces.

Rather, he recounted that during the Great Depression when he was a young lad, the most useful application of guns was to hunt animals for food. In other words, for his family's survival:

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

Heston would often talk about how he hunted as a child “only to put food on the table” during the Depression, and later spoke fondly of his Army Colt .45 pistol he brought back from duty as a bomber gunner during WWII, confessing that he always slept with the .45 beside his bed.

So it's interesting that ll these people in this forum and elsewhere think that they'll have to use a gun one day to kill their fellow human beings, when the practical reality may end up being something completely different.

Blazor

Put your glasses on!
Site Supporter
Well Joe, the folks down here seem to not believe in being civilized lately. So yes, using it for defense is a high probability. Because those uncivilized savages, dont plan what they gonna eat after that nights Big Mac. So they will come for YOUR food. Think they gonna go to WalMart? That shit gonna be tapped out shortly after the SHTF.

Us gun owners, that know how to hunt, will eventually find the need to hunt for food. So you are right about that part. Your common thug though, wont use his gun to hunt, unless you count him hunting for food in YOUR kitchen!

Also, us gun owners, dont plan on killing anyone. Instead, we plan to defend ourselves, our families, and our homes.

This is why when thousands of gun owners get together to protest, its all peaceful. But when hundreds of thugs get together, there is Burning Looting and Murdering. Without even any guns being involved most time. They use anything they can to hurt people. Like bricks.

Admin.

The Goat
Site Supporter ☠️
You know maybe just maybe some folks like having guns.. Just like some folks like having old cars or stamps or something.

95662764-706882976752734-260007454559961088-n.jpg
Because commemorative plates never shot up a school or a concert?
Because a commemorative plate never brought down a moose to feed my family.

10622944-720162644699349-5550912055296530572-n.jpg
You're family has been feeding off that Moose for 6 years? That is awesome!

Biggie Smiles

I make libturds berry angry. I do!!!
Site Supporter
what is the practical reason?

To shoot liberal soy scum vermin fuckheads that come around my property with their mobs of effeminate insects looking for the same type of trouble they've looked for in many major cities across America

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
Hunting. Protecting yourself. We have guns for each as well as bow and arrows....because I went through this thing a few years ago were I was really into archery.

I didnt get great at it, but I got good enough lol.

Last edited: