What's the WEATHER Like Today?

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter
Central air takes 240 volts and approximately 35 amps. That’s 8400 wats. Solar translation depends on the panels and how much usage power your house requires.

To push that, you'd need a huge amount of panels and a way to bank it sufficiently to always be on tap.... (through overcast and cloudy days).

The amount of battery needed would require its own shed and roof top real estate wouldn't be enough.... you'd have to build a mini solar farm on acreage.

The initial outlay and maintenance costs would be prohibitive.... even if you bought second hand panels and used electric deep cycle/AGM forklift batteries....and the fire danger of poorly maintained forklift batteries is pretty high.

Better to build a bermed house and take advantage of the earth for climate control during summer and winter.

Solar is great for travelling remote and living remote where there are no other options....but you must live an energy restricted lifestyle.

Fridges, lights, devices first...then limited use of things like washing machines, microwaves, and appliances.

Hooking home solar into the grid won't help your bottom line though. Governments around the world have brought in rebates and incentives to install these systems, then gutted their programs at our expense.

Battery back up systems don’t work very well in harsh environments. ie) Humid, warm, dusty.salty air, etc. it affects the electronics. I’ve seen it 3 times here. Even with the better Israeli materials, batteries and software. The technology isn’t quite there, for all locals.

Yet they're fine in humid, warm, dusty, salty Australia....

The tech is reliable.

They must use American made components in Costa Ebola. ..

Israeli as I said, and my experience is Merican or what ever, the electronics is affected. Like when your phone doesn’t work cause you left in the sun.

Australians must just be better at setting up solar....

Seamajor

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Central air takes 240 volts and approximately 35 amps. That’s 8400 wats. Solar translation depends on the panels and how much usage power your house requires.

To push that, you'd need a huge amount of panels and a way to bank it sufficiently to always be on tap.... (through overcast and cloudy days).

The amount of battery needed would require its own shed and roof top real estate wouldn't be enough.... you'd have to build a mini solar farm on acreage.

The initial outlay and maintenance costs would be prohibitive.... even if you bought second hand panels and used electric deep cycle/AGM forklift batteries....and the fire danger of poorly maintained forklift batteries is pretty high.

Better to build a bermed house and take advantage of the earth for climate control during summer and winter.

Solar is great for travelling remote and living remote where there are no other options....but you must live an energy restricted lifestyle.

Fridges, lights, devices first...then limited use of things like washing machines, microwaves, and appliances.

Hooking home solar into the grid won't help your bottom line though. Governments around the world have brought in rebates and incentives to install these systems, then gutted their programs at our expense.

Battery back up systems don’t work very well in harsh environments. ie) Humid, warm, dusty.salty air, etc. it affects the electronics. I’ve seen it 3 times here. Even with the better Israeli materials, batteries and software. The technology isn’t quite there, for all locals.

The tech is reliable.

Wrong as usual. It was Israeli equipment

TheHaze

If my dog doesn't like you, I probably won'teither
Site Supporter
[QUOTE="Seamajor,

The tech is reliable.

[/QUOTE]

Wrong as usual. It was Israeli equipment that is made in China.
[/QUOTE]

Seaweedman are you a Israeli Super Spy?

Seamajor

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Enjoy your last few days amigo. We’re not talking about

The tech is reliable.

Israeli as I said, and my experience is Merican or what ever, the electronics is affected. Like when your phone doesn’t work cause you left in the sun.

if you say so DD. Why would I believe you?

TheHaze

If my dog doesn't like you, I probably won'teither
Site Supporter
Anyways it has been 100 F plus for 3 days and going to be 100+ for the next 4 days and then cool to the 80s and it isn't even July yet - - - -

The swimming pool is calling me -

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter
Enjoy your last few days amigo. We’re not talking about

The tech is reliable.

if you say so DD. Why would I believe you?

Why would I give a shit what an old silly bugger believes.

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter
Tell me that you released the toddlers which were chained up in your basement....

Cookie Monster

One of the cool Kids.
Site Supporter ☠️
Going to be 37 monday and tuesday, thats topping 100 in the UK

Reached 46 in some parts here. Add wind and drought, and it has made a brutal fire season. And, as mentioned earlier, it's only July.

I'm going to be out on my cycle Tuesday morning so about midday if it gets to hot I'm going to bunker down in the nearest Witherspoons pub.

Gutterballs

Banned
Banned
i'll go the ol fahrenheit way with this not to confuse the American peoples. its apparently 105... people say people are disrespectful NAW people have nothing on the weather being disrespectful. FUCK was outside for not even 10 mins and i think i half melted out there. fuck that no more of it today or tomorrow. total recluse til tuesday.. i don't give a fuck what needs to be done.. it can fucking wait.

Big Sexy

narcoleptic mattress salesman
Site Supporter
It’s like summer here today.
Set clocks back and it’s all sunny now
Weird

Jeannie

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
atm its already 78 and climbing so im wearing a t-shirt, shorts and flip-flops! :)))
tomorrow 50s and all downhill from there til spring

Admin.

I aim to be smugly pedantic, or vice verse.
Site Supporter ☠️
It's one of those wonderful semi stormy day here, watching the menacing dark clouds coming in over the Ocean to have them downpour on me for 15-20 minutes to be followed up with patches of blue sky and a few minutes to take the hound out for a walk.

OP
OP
Bastard Factory

Bastard Factory

Chairman of the Bored
Administrator
giphy.gif