Who are you here for?

Murdy

Queenie Weenie
Site Supporter ☠️
Well I certainly agree that in Pollock's case the art is obscure.

Have you ever stared at an original?

It’s a completely different experience. I started at Starry Night while it was at the original Getty Malibu back in the 90s for over 2 hours. My bestie’s stepmom was a curator there and we went in after hours and she even took the red velvet rope down. No flash photography permitted. It was mesmerizing.

Same can be said for Pollock… but he wasn’t quite as intriguing as Van Gogh.

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
He is one of my favorites…

SAM @ Seattle had some of his best works while I was there.
Just FYI

unititled-ca-1946.jpg

Janet Sobel, 1946

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

OP
OP
Lily

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Just FYI

unititled-ca-1946.jpg

Janet Sobel, 1946

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

When I see abstract expressionist piece, such as this painting, I feel something fairly primal. I don't know that I have the words to articulate what I see coming off the image.

These feelings must be a reflection or a bringing the viewer to an awareness of something inside of us. I don't just see them as random drips.

Moonpie

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I don't understand what you're saying. It's not clear.

What are you worried about?

What's your beef with me, now Moonie? It's always something.
You always have issues with someone. Speaking about G-47. Whatever...no issues. Just an observation really.

OP
OP
Lily

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
You always have issues with someone. Speaking about G-45. Whatever...no issues. Just an observation really.

It's because I have opinions and I don't apologize for them, like you.

He was the first to shoot an arrow across my bow. I'm not LEFTIST enough for that armchair revolutionary. He called me a lib shitstain before I ever said anything the least bit negative to him.

I don't hate Biden enough because I despise Trump more. I'm bad because I see Putin for the imperialist he is.

And it's all so stupid. I try to toe the line and be even keeled, but at some point I get tired of being insulted.

I'm not going to kowtow to these people like you tend to, apologizing for my beliefs. Fuck that. It's not who I am.

I get shit from the righties for being a "lefty" and from the "lefties" for not being a "real" lefty.

Fuck both extremes...fuck all of you extremists in the ass with a cactus.

Last edited:

Garraty_47

Mutants Rule!
Site Supporter
He was the first to shoot an arrow across my bow. I'm not LEFTIST enough for that armchair revolutionary. He called me a lib shitstain before I ever said anything the least bit negative to him.

I call you a liar.

So you're just going to pretend we've never had disagreements before last week?
Do you not recall the forum you briefly owned and the reason I eventually stopped posting there?

You've had a pattern of escalating passive-aggressive and snide comments that when reciprocated you claim to be "first shots" on someone else's part. You behave horridly and when called on it you give excuses and self-serving rationales to make yourself a victim. You talk shit *about* people to third parties and then use that as a transparent dodge to declare you didn't say anything "to" the current recipient of your toxic bullshit.

You can't simply disagree with people.
You have to treat every disagreement as an argument and every argument as a rhetorical knife fight to the death.

It's fucking mental.

YOU'RE fucking mental.

OP
OP
Lily

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
I call you a liar.

So you're just going to pretend we've never had disagreements before last week?
Do you not recall the forum you briefly owned and the reason I eventually stopped posting there?

You've had a pattern of escalating passive-aggressive and snide comments that when reciprocated you claim to be "first shots" on someone else's part. You behave horridly and when called on it you give excuses and self-serving rationales to make yourself a victim. You talk shit *about* people to third parties and then use that as a transparent dodge to declare you didn't say anything "to" the current recipient of your toxic bullshit.

You can't simply disagree with people.
You have to treat every disagreement as an argument and every argument as a rhetorical knife fight to the death.

It's fucking mental.

YOU'RE fucking mental.

You hold on to grudges from years past? One for which I apologized, off the board and with sincerity? Which you seemed to accept at the time.

And you call me mental?

You desperately need to get yourself a mirror.

You are fucking nuts.

Garraty_47

Mutants Rule!
Site Supporter
You hold on to grudges from years past? One for which I apologized, off the board and with sincerity? Which you seemed to accept at the time.

lulz
Why am I not surprised that in your twisted little mind remembering something and "holding a grudge" are essentially the same thing? Tell on yourself much?

And true to form you ignore all context and try to reduce the focus to one tiny unrelated thing in order to make yourself the victim yet again. So predictable. So laughable. So worthless.

And you call me mental?

Yes, yes I did.
I can do it again if you missed it the first time.

You desperately need to get yourself a mirror.

You are fucking nuts.

Translation:

"nO yOu!!1!" :OhGawd:

Seamajor

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
lulz
Why am I not surprised that in your twisted little mind remembering something and "holding a grudge" are essentially the same thing? Tell on yourself much?

And true to form you ignore all context and try to reduce the focus to one tiny unrelated thing in order to make yourself the victim yet again. So predictable. So laughable. So worthless.

Yes, yes I did.

Translation:

Go tell it to Herman, or better yet Frood the wannabe dude. More your type anyway. I think you need a smoke right away anyway.

Aylana

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
lulz

Yes, yes I did.

Translation:

Is lily walking on your lawn again?

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
When I see abstract expressionist piece, such as this painting, I feel something fairly primal. I don't know that I have the words to articulate what I see coming off the image.

These feelings must be a reflection or a bringing the viewer to an awareness of something inside of us. I don't just see them as random drips.

I always see a bunch of apparition looking people in them. And animals.

That one looks like dark haired women with red hooded robes on. Dancing like fire.

OP
OP
Lily

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
I always see a bunch of apparition looking people in them. And animals.

That one looks like dark haired women with red hooded robes on. Dancing like fire.

I don't see figures or images of any kind. I feel different types of energy.