Who lost power last night?

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Apparently it was my whole city went on a power surge. I lost my power for 20 min. A friend lost power in NJ. Any east coasters loose theirs?

I'm in a 2nd world shithole and have never lost power in two years. But, of course, our infrastructure isn't crumbling here.

Oh, and everyone has tankless water heaters. I mean everyone.
Well with Biden and Harris we are on our way to being a 3rd world country. Did you get your vaccine yet? It’s sad this vaccine is being pushed on children here, I mean give it to the other countries especially the ones working on the front line.

back to that night here. Most of my city was out. No storms in sight. It was beautiful here. Very odd. Of course there was no explanation.

The infrastructure is crumbling. It's been crumbling for awhile.

Yes. I got my vaccine.

They aren't giving it to third world countries because they can't pay enough money to the pharma companies.

OP
OP
Moonpie

Moonpie

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Apparently it was my whole city went on a power surge. I lost my power for 20 min. A friend lost power in NJ. Any east coasters loose theirs?

I'm in a 2nd world shithole and have never lost power in two years. But, of course, our infrastructure isn't crumbling here.

Well with Biden and Harris we are on our way to being a 3rd world country. Did you get your vaccine yet? It’s sad this vaccine is being pushed on children here, I mean give it to the other countries especially the ones working on the front line.

back to that night here. Most of my city was out. No storms in sight. It was beautiful here. Very odd. Of course there was no explanation.

Yes. I got my vaccine.

They aren't giving it to third world countries because they can't pay enough money to the pharma companies.

Of course but the US funds countries etc. for example Iran...but they don’t fund that.

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter
Or entire regions of third worlders are knowledgeably refusing to get jabbed...
Not really. In South Africa it’s really bad. Sad ...this one doc hasn’t seen his family in 2 months. He sleeps at his clinic for risk of infection.

I've seen local cellphone videos of villagers in parts of Africa and Asia Minor fleeing vaxx personnel in droves...

OP
OP
Moonpie

Moonpie

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Or entire regions of third worlders are knowledgeably refusing to get jabbed...
Not really. In South Africa it’s really bad. Sad ...this one doc hasn’t seen his family in 2 months. He sleeps at his clinic for risk of infection.

I've seen local cellphone videos of villagers in parts of Africa and Asia Minor fleeing vaxx personnel in droves...
Yeah I’m not really against the vaccine. I have seen covid on the front line and the destruction it can cause. Bringing IPads in so a love one can say goodbye to his kids and wife. It’s something that won’t leave me. I am against the young getting it though.

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter
Woohoo!!!! Power is back 2 days before estimation!

No freeze dried dogfood or cigarette butt soup for us tonight! :Jammin:

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

Yes. I got my vaccine.

Please stop being stupid and lying. Or at least start coming up with more believable lies.

There was a shortage of vaccines at the beginning and the countries which paid to develop the vaccines rightly decided it would go to their own citizens first. Now? Now we are giving away vaccines to other countries. Just last week we committed to giving away half a billion vaccines on top of the 100 million we've already given away. In the developing world India has the most production capacity but it is struggling to produce enough for its 1.2 billion population.

BTW both China and Russia developed their vaccines based upon stole western research. The CCP's vaccine is also very low quality shit only 40% effective if everything goes right and often there is no vaccine in it at all. It's literally just fake. Russia's does seem to work though not as well as the western vaccines. Neither give their vaccines away and only sell them. They west donates them free.

Lokmar

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
LOL! I woke up this morning and had the Springfield News on. They say their gonna shutter the power plant here by 2035. Now mind you they raised our rates to build a state of the art clean coal power plant about 15 years ago. Motherfucker was fought by the sierra club all the way. Cleanest coal plant in the nation. Now for the kicker: ALL the power plants in the immediate area are coal. I bet when the east end of town farts at the same time, the power will go out one day!

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter
Anyone got on this fancy solar generators? I want a few

There are no such things.

What a stupid name for what they're actually peddling.

They're just encased batteries, usually lithium, with a power management system and accessory plugs.

They don't generate anything. The PV panel attached to them does.

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

Oh, 3rd world status just started 5 months ago. I had no idea.

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

Yes. I got my vaccine.

Please stop being stupid and lying. Or at least start coming up with more believable lies.

There was a shortage of vaccines at the beginning and the countries which paid to develop the vaccines rightly decided it would go to their own citizens first. Now? Now we are giving away vaccines to other countries. Just last week we committed to giving away half a billion vaccines on top of the 100 million we've already given away. In the developing world India has the most production capacity but it is struggling to produce enough for its 1.2 billion population.

BTW both China and Russia developed their vaccines based upon stole western research. The CCP's vaccine is also very low quality shit only 40% effective if everything goes right and often there is no vaccine in it at all. It's literally just fake. Russia's does seem to work though not as well as the western vaccines. Neither give their vaccines away and only sell them. They west donates them free.

You're full of shit. Gates, the self-appointed god of vaccines, came out and said they would not be discounting vaccines for 3rd world countries. He holds an interest in these vaccines. He, and other billionaires like him, aren't really giving anything away. Taxpayers are paying for it, and in third world countries, there aren't as many taxes being paid.

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Damn,it appears our power went out last night around 3am. The power companies website said it would be back on at 6:30am but it is now 6:20am and suddenly their website now says it won't be until 11:00am. Luckily, my battery banks are charged up and our cell service includes Hotspot internet so that should keep the kiddos happy until the power comes back on.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
The power is still out so I took everyone to get breakfast burritos at a local place. Supposedly, the power will get fixed within the next hour but we will see if that happens or if they push theor estimated time of work completion back again.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Eight minutes to 11am and now they have pushed back the repair time to 3:30pm. This is the third time they have given us and is a full nine hours after their original estimate.

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Eight minutes to 11am and now they have pushed back the repair time to 3:30pm. This is the third time they have given us and is a full nine hours after their original estimate.

That's what happens in those 3rd world countries.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Exactly. It is sad to see how far down the toilet California has gotten under decades of Democrat rule. They've put so much power i to the hands of self interested unions that now even basic maintenance is deemed too expensive and must be delayed. They have put absurd "green power" rules in place which are so costly that prices have skyrocketed to the highest in the nation. Further more they have made power less reliable by forcing the closure of coal fired and nuclear plants all while also making it very difficult to run even natural gas plants. All in the name of "climate change".

The result? We now import tons of "dirty" power made in coal fired plants in Arizona and Nevada so there has been no climate benefits, prices still have skyrocketed, and power has become less reliable. Lastly, stop pretending your hyperpartisan ass wouldn't have voted for all of these bad policies because we all know you would have. Hell, you probably did before you fled the disaster you ignorantly helped to create.

Last edited:

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Oh, BTW, in addition to the power still being out our natural gas is also out. I just got a robot call from SDG&E (our local power and gas company) that natural gas will not be restored until "tomorrow evening" which means it will be out a full 36 hours. As of right now theor website is still claiming power will be restored at 3:30pm but we will see if that time slips for a fourth time.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Ok, it is now 3:47 and they have pushed the time back again to 5:30pm. That is 11 hours after they first said it would be fixed and who knows if it will slip a fifth time?

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Latest robo call now says they aim to restore electric service by 10pm and gas service by "tomorrow evening". That means it has been pushed back a fifth time and if they do not push it back again we will have been without power for 18 hours. Which is 16 hours after they first claimed they would have it fixed.

Fucking 3rd world levels of performance.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
They got power but not gas working today a 6pm. They had said it wouldn't happen until 10pm yet politicians started talking about forcing them to pay compensation to people for all the rotted food in inoperable refrigerators as well as the inconvenience for suffering a power outage and, mysteriously the power turned on in 20 minutes. The gas is still out and there are 20-50 SDG&E workers down the block, they will no doubt want a few minutes then to to restart the day opening.