Who lost power last night?

Moonpie

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Apparently it was my whole city went on a power surge. I lost my power for 20 min. A friend lost power in NJ. Any east coasters loose theirs?

TheHaze

If my dog doesn't like you, I probably won'teither
Site Supporter
Power here went off about 6:15 pm and didn't come on till the am some time plus the phone was also out - - - - -

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter
It's been off three times, and still off...

Screenshot-20210609-201121-Chrome.jpg

Winds, floods, and trees down...on top of a Branch Covidian State Lockdown...

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter
It's been off three times, and still off...

Screenshot-20210609-201121-Chrome.jpg

Winds, floods, and trees down...on top of a Branch Covidian State Lockdown...
You guys are still on covid lockdown geez

We're on the 4th after 14 months and these motherfucking cocksucking fucking stupid politicians are getting by with 50-60% of the sheep hailing them...

This government and these scared people are mind boggling... they literally shut down whole states for small numbers... then play it up in the government approved press..the ABC...

I hope every ABC employee that is doing this dies a horrible death....

Karma is a bitch...

Jeannie

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
my local grid is bad so i lose power a couple times a year but find it cozy when i light up the candles, its like a mini hurricane party lol

i have a generator but the power-outs dont last long enough to make perishables go bad so i roll with it

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter
my local grid is bad so i lose power a couple times a year but find it cozy when i light up the candles, its like a mini hurricane party lol

i have a generator but the power-outs dont last long enough to make perishables go bad so i roll with it

We lose power a couple dozen times per year....and yeah, if you don't open the fridge, it might be nothing...

Jeannie

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

We lose power a couple dozen times per year....and yeah, if you don't open the fridge, it might be nothing...
exactly, folks forget its a giant cooler

how long do they last on average?

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter

exactly, folks forget its a giant cooler

how long do they last on average?

About 8-10 hours for cheese...less for raw meats.

After 5 hours, I plug in a generator or cook...

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter
Few hours to a few days...
wow thats outrageous for a 1st world country

on the bright side at least it makes u more resourceful for when the chinese invade

I keep a 40 litre Engel fridge/freezer on a 130 amp hour AGM battery pack full of ice at -16 to -18 Celsius... if power goes out for awhile, I transfer the ice into the fridge and put the freezer items back into the Engel with more water bottles, then run the generator for 5 hours per day...

TheHaze

Site Supporter

Must be fun sitting in the dark alone with nothing to do - - - - - -
My new home will have all up to date mods including a 8000 watt gen with back up and should be ready for move july 30 :AssKisser:

Seamajor

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

My new home will have all up to date mods including a 8000 watt gen with back up and should be ready for move july 30 :AssKisser:

Generators are a pain Haze. You ought to think about solar on the roof, with a battery system that kicks in when the power goes out. Quiet, simple and efficient.

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter

Generators are a pain Haze. You ought to think about solar on the roof, with a battery system that kicks in when the power goes out. Quiet, simple and efficient.

If you're out of power due to storms, solar won't provide very much.

TheHaze

Site Supporter

If you're out of power due to storms, solar won't provide very much.

The set up comes with the house and is solar panels with back up and have to make payments or pay in full up front.
Also will be getting a tankless water heater - - - - - -

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Apparently it was my whole city went on a power surge. I lost my power for 20 min. A friend lost power in NJ. Any east coasters loose theirs?

I'm in a 2nd world shithole and have never lost power in two years. But, of course, our infrastructure isn't crumbling here.

Oh, and everyone has tankless water heaters. I mean everyone.

Seamajor

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
I’ve seen some cool installations. A battery bank that could power your refer, key outlets for 12 hours or so. No noise, maintenance odor.

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter

I'm in a 2nd world shithole and have never lost power in two years. But, of course, our infrastructure isn't crumbling here.

It's often nothing to do with infrastructure but wind storms, fires, floods et cetera... I'm one household of 160k that will have lost power for 5 days or more because the sheer number of downed powerlines from trees and rains. Some roads are still un-passable...

OP
OP
Moonpie

Moonpie

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

Well with Biden and Harris we are on our way to being a 3rd world country. Did you get your vaccine yet? It’s sad this vaccine is being pushed on children here, I mean give it to the other countries especially the ones working on the front line.

back to that night here. Most of my city was out. No storms in sight. It was beautiful here. Very odd. Of course there was no explanation.