Holy Shit...he lost his head, sorta...

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
"Surgeons in Israel performed a
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!
and managed to reattach a boy’s head after he was hit by a car while riding his bike, a Jerusalem hospital announced this week.

Suleiman Hassan, a 12-year-old
, suffered what is known as an internal decapitation, with his skull detached from the top vertebrae of his spine — officially known as a bilateral atlanto occipital joint dislocation, according to The Times of Israel."

wizer

Factory Bastard
Well, technically he didn't really lose his head. Part of the connection between head and neck were broken and that was repaired. Not that it isn't a great medical accomplishment but it falls a bit short of what might be inferred by the dramatic headline which would lead one to believe they re-attached his head after it was completely severed from his body.

OP
OP
Lily

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Well, technically he didn't really lose his head. Part of the connection between head and neck were broken and that was repaired. Not that it isn't a great medical accomplishment but it falls a bit short of what might be inferred by the dramatic headline which would lead one to believe they re-attached his head after it was completely severed from his body.

Yes, the headline was dramatic, it elicits graphic images.

However, medically it was still pretty remarkable.

Admin.

I aim to be smugly pedantic, or vice verse.
Site Supporter ☠️
A young couple manage to finally have a child after years of trying. The only problem is that this child was born with only his head.

The child lived his life looking out the window at the other kids and by the age of 4 he really wanted to join them. He went to his father and asked, "Father can I go and play with the other kids?" His father looks at his son and says, "I'm sorry son but you dont have a torso, you cant possibly hope to play with the other kids."

The boy prays to go before goes to sleep that night, "God please give me a torso so i can play with the other kids."

The next day the child woke up with a torso. He screamed for his father, "Daddy, daddy, I grew a torso. Can I play with the other kids now?" The father looked at the boy and said, "I'm sorry son but you dont have any arms, how can you hope to play with the other kids?"

The boy again prays before going to sleep that night, "God please give me arms so i can play with the other kids."

The next day the child woke up with arms. He screamed for his father. "Daddy, daddy, I grew arms. Can I play with the other kids now?" The father looked at the boy and said, " I'm sorry son but you dont have any legs, how can you hope to play with the other kids?"

The boy yet again prays before going to sleep that night, "God please give me legs so i can play with the other kids."

The next day the child woke up with legs. He screamed for his father, "Daddy, daddy, I grew legs. Can I play with the other kids now?" The father smiled and said "Of course you can son, just be careful crossing the road."

The boy ran across the road and got hit by a bus.

The moral of this story? Quit while you're a head.

OP
OP
Lily

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
We were talking about decapitated kids and stem cells and you said stay away from political boundaries.

Unless your post was directed to GI Joe storming pizza parlors in which case that one is over my head.
I wasn't talking about stem cells.

The article doesn't talk about stem cells. You introduced the topic.

wizer

Factory Bastard
I wasn't talking about stem cells.

The article doesn't talk about stem cells. You introduced the topic.
Yes, I did. We were talking about your article, and then I brought stem cells into it.

Suddenly the discussion was deemed to be encroaching on political boundaries.