Why is Brand A. Canned Beans 79 a can, and Brand X is 59?

Admin.

This ain't Texas (woo), ain't. no hold'm woo woo
Site Supporter ☠️
Calvin the old man next door who I'd known my whole life, one summer I was helping him split and stack firewood in his back yard next door, Calvin had just retired as a a Production Engineer in the produce canning industry in the Willamette Valley where I grew up, it was then and still is to a lesser extent now a major agricultural area, he was one of the guys that figured our where the trucks could dump their green beans directly into the canneries, where they could be pushed straight onto a sorting belt to be culled for snakes, dead rats, rat poop, rotten beans, rocks etc....(Think Lucy and Ethel on the Chocolate Factory loading belt, sort of)

The .59c Beans have more of the the pukey stuff in the can than the .79c Beans. The beans are pretty much the same, it's the stuff not cleaned and filtered out in the process that is different.

Rat poop, bug bits, mice hair: How many ‘unavoidable defects’ are in peanut butter and other foods you eat?
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

You want a lower rat poop can of beans? You set your cannery processes up to tighter 'filtering' tolerances meaning more machines, more labor etc

Last edited: