Words and phrases that you hate.

Cookie Monster

One of the cool Kids.
Site Supporter ☠️
I could write a book on these. To start with people who say can I get instead of could I have. Its all IRL memes for retards.

One that grates recently is the other use and wrong usage of the word delicious.

Firstly its a self referential term, " I found the pies delicious" to claim you will "find the pies delicious" is rude, who are you to say?

This is overused in advertising and should only refer to god tier. It is I have also noticed overuse more often by females.

Oh and saying Ya'all if your not from the boondocks.

Alticus

Mr. Excitement
Site Supporter ☠️
"Shooting The Shit"

Another way of referring to a discussion. What in God's name does shit and shooting it have to do with anything let alone a conversation?

"Don't Go There"

I am so sick and tired of hearing that, you have no idea.

RANCIDMILKO ™ ®©

Ceedoobie's #1 Fan
Site Supporter ☠️
"At least I’ve giving to the world. I’m a giver…not a taker. It’s only the giving, that makes you what you are."

That has to be one of the worst.

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
"At the end of the day..."

A consultant when I worked used this phrase every single meeting we had with her and she made me sick with her bullshit to begin with...

OP
OP
Cookie Monster

Cookie Monster

One of the cool Kids.
Site Supporter ☠️
"At the end of the day..."

A consultant when I worked used this phrase every single meeting we had with her and she made me sick with her bullshit to begin with...

A nutbar in the halfway house I was in constantly used it, sick of him and it.

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
I could write a book on these. To start with people who say can I get instead of could I have. Its all IRL memes for retards.

One that grates recently is the other use and wrong usage of the word delicious.

Firstly its a self referential term, " I found the pies delicious" to claim you will "find the pies delicious" is rude, who are you to say?

This is overused in advertising and should only refer to god tier. It is I have also noticed overuse more often by females.

Oh and saying Ya'all if your not from the boondocks.
It should "only refer to god tier." Sorry, but what?

The New Holliday

Now With 25% More Infinity
Site Supporter
"Hack"
1) Cut with rough or heavy blows.
2) Someone who is really, like really very fucking bad at what they do.
3) A taxi, or the driver of a taxi.
4) A generation so devoid of creativity that they can't think of their own unique terms for anything.

Murdy

Queenie Weenie
Site Supporter ☠️
If your parents didn’t use the word “galavanting” did you even run the streets?

cw_

> you
Site Supporter ☠️
Any instance of 'would of, could of, should of, might of'. It's just :Wrong:

Scooter

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
There was something said today at work that I didn't want to hear but I forget what it was. (that's probably a good thing)

This is something I've been hearing for too many years ... My Ask. My Ask is that blah, blah, blah. Who the fuck invented this corporate baby talk!

Scooter

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
I remember. Queue

People think it's pronounced Q. NO, it's pronounced 'kay-way' If you want to shorten it to Q, that's fine but don't be ignorant enough to think it's the proper pronunciation.

There is Q, the letter. There is cue, the word. And then there is queue.

OP
OP
Cookie Monster

Cookie Monster

One of the cool Kids.
Site Supporter ☠️
I remember. Queue

People think it's pronounced Q. NO, it's pronounced 'kay-way' If you want to shorten it to Q, that's fine but don't be ignorant enough to think it's the proper pronunciation.

There is Q, the letter. There is cue, the word. And then there is queue.

Never heard of Kay-way, ever.

OP
OP
Cookie Monster

Cookie Monster

One of the cool Kids.
Site Supporter ☠️
The noun QUEUE has 3 senses:
a line of people or vehicles waiting for something
(information processing) an ordered list of tasks to be performed or messages to be transmitted
a braid of hair at the back of the head

Scooter

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Never heard of Kay-way, ever.
Swear to goD, when I learned this word, it was pronounced 'kay-way.' Now, maybe my teacher or whoever was Spanishly-inclined and mispronounced it but I'm pretty sure that it wasn't just one person or instance. I'm going back 40 years or more.