Your guilty fastfood pleasures.

RANCIDMILKO ™ ®©

Don't touch my bike. Wooooooo.
Site Supporter ☠️
Video about Tommy burger. In L.A. it is traditionally a late night spot (because it is open 24/7) where young people would stop by for a snack after a night of hard drinking.

I used to like big burgers, but then I got sick of how they almost always get all soggy and nasty in the end

These days I prefer two simpler burgers rather than a big one

Oliver Shagnasty

Honky Tonk Nigger
Site Supporter
I have only been to Freddy's Steakburger and frozen custard two times but each time it was pretty good, always fresh and never frozen as well as made to order. I nice alternative take from an up and coming chain from Nebraska. The fry sauce is also good but I love their jalapeño fry sauce.

Freddie's is great and their milkshakes are amazing.

OP
OP
Oerdin

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I have only been to Freddy's Steakburger and frozen custard two times but each time it was pretty good, always fresh and never frozen as well as made to order. I nice alternative take from an up and coming chain from Nebraska. The fry sauce is also good but I love their jalapeño fry sauce.

I will have to try their shakes some time. I have only had their frozen custard (what they call concrete because it sets so firmly). A milk shake is always welcome though.

Oliver Shagnasty

Honky Tonk Nigger
Site Supporter

I will have to try their shakes some time. I have only had their frozen custard (what they call concrete because it sets so firmly). A milk shake is always welcome though.

They give you a big round straw because it's so thick. It's the best.

OP
OP
Oerdin

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
A lot of people just like plain French fries dipped in ketchup but things are done a little differently in Southern California. L.A. loves its chili cheese fries while in San Diego people love their Carne Asad fries. I have to admit when I was growing up in the late 1980's to early 1990's Carne Asada chips were the it things (tortilla chips instead of French fries) but in the last 25 years French fries have seemed to over take tortilla chips as the crowd favorite.

Usually it is a bed of French fries covered with chopped marinaded beef flank steak (Carne Asada), pico de guyo, lettuce, sour cream, guacamole, two types of cheese (cheddar and pepper jack but maybe also that powdery Mexican cheese aged cotija), chopped chilis, and then you add on all the salsas you want. It is a massive calorie boom which will filled four to six people in one sitting. No joke.

OP
OP
Oerdin

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I used to live a block from Colima's taco shop. It was my families neighborhood taco shop and it would be packed with the drive through into the street on University Ave as late as 3am. It was essentially a regular carne asada fries but they'd try to fancy it up with shrimp, lobster, and crab meat. A type of surf and turf. There are a ton of other places doing the same thing with the same amount of carne asada on it. A higher end carne asada fries.

OP
OP
Oerdin

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Damn, it takes them two full days to make the au jus.

OP
OP
Oerdin

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
It has been too long since I have been to Phillips the Original. That guy in the video above kind of took over Hewell Houser old show or at least copied the style.

Flynn

Lion Heart Diva
Oh god!

Okay, my weakness are Burger King Whoppers with cheese. I know, I'm a horrible person. Even more so, when I drive to McDonald's and order large fries to go with my whopper.

OP
OP
Oerdin

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
For all your chili cheeseburger, chili cheese fries, and chili cheese dog needs. Fastfood since 1946.

Don't forget the Tomales smothered in chili cheese with pickles, pepper, and grilled onions.

OP
OP
Oerdin

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Youtube keeps showing me adds for Dave's hot chicken; probably because there is a location near my home. I went there twice and it was decent, nothing special, but the prices were kind of unreasonable. $18 for a chicken burger, fries, and a coke.

Alticus

Mr. Excitement
Site Supporter ☠️
For all your chili cheeseburger, chili cheese fries, and chili cheese dog needs. Fastfood since 1946.

Don't forget the Tomales smothered in chili cheese with pickles, pepper, and grilled onions.

Holy shit that looks good.

Omnipotent

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
My favourite food is Grilled Lamb cutlets, boiled whole potatoes in their jackets with melted butter, green beans, cauliflower (in creamy cheese sauce)... Spring food is my favourite...

Desert has been diet mangoe jelly and a smidge of cream...

And sadly I have been having chocolate and I not a chocolate lover really so why have I been eating the rubbish? I don't know.

OP
OP
Oerdin

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
When I was in college we would go eat at The Habit's original location in Goleta regularly. Back then it was called The Hamburger Habit but it has since been rebranded.

It is a nice Santa Barbara twist on American classics.

OP
OP
Oerdin

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
The Hat remains the southern California champion of all things pastrami.

That guy fucked up by not getting cheese on it.

Seamajor

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
dead pic removed

I enjoy a hamburger now and then. Wouldn’t trade one for a dorado fish taco tho

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
Oerdin

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Another place I used to regularly go to when I lived in Santa Barbara was Cold Springs Tavern on Old Stage Coach Road just on the north side of the Santa Ynez mountains.

The place has a full menu but the tri tip sandwich is the star. The creek there has southern California steelhead too.

OP
OP
Oerdin

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Not really fastfood but that whole area is known as the Santa Maria Valley because the Santa Maria River runs through it. It is well known as the birth place of Santa Maria style bbq.

• Awesome!
Reactions: cw_
OP
OP
Oerdin

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
It has been years but I remember as a young teen eating pit beef in Baltimore.

OP
OP
Oerdin

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
This recently came up in my YouTube feed and I still want to go to this "Epic McDonald's". Not only is it the largest McDonald's in the world but it also offers every single menu item at every McDonald's in every country in the world. I usually avoid McD's but I would seek this place out if I happened find myself in Orlando.

OP
OP
Oerdin

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Oh god!

Okay, my weakness are Burger King Whoppers with cheese. I know, I'm a horrible person. Even more so, when I drive to McDonald's and order large fries to go with my whopper.

BK used to have a bacon and guacamole Whopper cheese burger than was pretty darn good for a fastfood burger.