1,000,000 Post Thread

Joe

Factory Bastard
Factory Bastard
i thought Brazilian Portuguese sounds like Canadian French from Quebec where Blurt is from

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
☠️Private Forum Access
European Portuguese sounds very different from Brazilian Portuguese. Portuguese people swallow all of their vowels. Estados Unidos does not sound anything like it sounds in Spanish, for instance. It sounds like this: "Statch Ooneetch." Podes is "potch." Porque is "pork." De nada is "na." Estou is "toe." It's very difficult to listen and to speak because of this. I speak enough Spanish to have thought I could get by in Portuguese, but it's crazy talk, I'm telling you.

Breakfall

Such is life...
ASS BOXED
Portuguese and Spanish are very similar.

Tell me that after you've spent some time in Portugal.
I began learning Portuguese, then quit for Spanish because it sounded smoother. Not much Spanish is spoken in Australia and I eventually tired of both altogether. We’re inundated with Brazilians, so it would make sense to pick up on Portuguese again. Oh well…

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
☠️Private Forum Access
@rancidmilko do you understand Portuguese people easily when they talk? I am always relieved when I hear a Brazilian person talking here. I can understand them! Hahaha.

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
☠️Private Forum Access
Big kisses on my little mouth, he was saying. But where'd he get the idea I was sad?

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
☠️Private Forum Access
I just got a sweet email from a student who has been trying to find my email for three years and finally got it from another student who was in my class. She said she's never forgotten me. It was really touching to read it.

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
☠️Private Forum Access
BTW, it means a lot to us to hear from students. I always break down and cry when I hear from students. It means so much to know that we helped in some way.

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
☠️Private Forum Access
So, in other words, if you had a teacher who meant something to you, let them know if you can.

Breakfall

Such is life...
ASS BOXED
Out of 10 teachers, you might like two or three. In my experience, and I have a few friends in the profession, teaching requires the utmost tolerance and patience. Many teachers lacking these two attributes shouldn’t be in this line of work.

UncleDiLF

Let's meAT...hehe!!!
☠️Private Forum Access
Lily you scum! Stick your Spanish portugayse crap elsewhere. AMERICA FIRST!!!! English, the WOLRD language is spoken here. We invented everything! Okay? Apple, Amazon, Tesla, Microsoft! ENGLISH people invented this! Okay halber Latino? ENGLISH! Never forget that! And now get me some Tacos, will ya? Scum!