300 million metric tons of plastic per year

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Plastic has saved hundreds of millions of lives over the last century. Just think of food poisoning alone.

Breakfall

Such is life...
Site Supporter
And surfboards! Surfboards are like usb drives connecting you straight into the ocean man!
:Happy5:

images

Breakfall

Such is life...
Site Supporter
Recycling and using plastics appropriately is the way forward. And for fuck sakes get rid of fuel-driven cars...that technology should of been obsolete half a century ago. But while it’s still in play, I’m sticking with my Holden Buick V6 3.8! Of hell yeah. Gotta love Canning Hwy aka Highway To Hell! RIP Bon.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
unrecyclable plastic is the most evil substance ever devised.

Even clothes are made from plastic.

The clothing industry is one of the worst for pollution AND slave labor.

I always always buy second hand. You get more for your money as well. .....so it's just a better way. Thred Up and Platos closet serve us well lol.

I started doing to the low waste thing almost 2 years ago. So we use reusable shopping bags and containers, anything.

I always ask city dwelling leftists who preach about the environment what they do personally. They are mostly as....if not more....consumerist as everyone.

OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

Virtually all of it from Asian and the bulk of it from China. Go preach to the people who are causing the problem.

OMG. Are you serious? Have you taken a look around you at a US grocery store? In a trash can in the US? In a dumpster? There is plastic every fucking where. I used to take a bag with me to the beach and pick plastic out of the sand and water so it wouldn't kill any wildlife.

Plastic water bottles, plastic wrappers, plastic food containers, plastic shopping bags, plastic toys, plastic cups, plastic jewelry, plastic packaging, plastic tarps, plastic gloves, plastic bottles for soap, detergent, shampoo, deodorant, oil, ketchup, mustard, soy sauce, mayonnaise, hot sauce, soda, juice, spices, and on and on and on.

Blindness.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

Virtually all of it from Asian and the bulk of it from China. Go preach to the people who are causing the problem.

OMG. Are you serious? Have you taken a look around you at a US grocery store? In a trash can in the US? In a dumpster? There is plastic every fucking where. I used to take a bag with me to the beach and pick plastic out of the sand and water so it wouldn't kill any wildlife.

Plastic water bottles, plastic wrappers, plastic food containers, plastic shopping bags, plastic toys, plastic cups, plastic jewelry, plastic packaging, plastic tarps, plastic gloves, plastic bottles for soap, detergent, shampoo, deodorant, oil, ketchup, mustard, soy sauce, mayonnaise, hot sauce, soda, juice, spices, and on and on and on.

Blindness.

He is saying it's mostly manufactured and put into the economy from there.

Not that it doesnt exist.

Omnipotent

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Recycling and using plastics appropriately is the way forward. And for fuck sakes get rid of fuel-driven cars...that technology should of been obsolete half a century ago. But while it’s still in play, I’m sticking with my Holden Buick V6 3.8! Of hell yeah. Gotta love Canning Hwy aka Highway To Hell! RIP Bon.

303 Canning Hway Palmyra was one set of grandparents business... with a factory in the backyard....

I lived at 316 B Canning Hway before I got married... The other set of grandparents owned 1 Point Walter Rd Bicton with the TAB attached... now it's a restaurant.... My grandfather owned all the shops across the road from the Leopold Hotel....

Bonn Scott was lowly immigrant who went to Christian Brothers... I went to John Curtin.

OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

Blindness.

He is saying it's mostly manufactured and put into the economy from there.

Not that it doesnt exist.

No one said the US has to buy it. Stop using it and they'll stop making it. The US is probably their biggest market.

OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
unrecyclable plastic is the most evil substance ever devised.

Even clothes are made from plastic.

The clothing industry is one of the worst for pollution AND slave labor.

I always always buy second hand. You get more for your money as well. .....so it's just a better way. Thred Up and Platos closet serve us well lol.

I started doing to the low waste thing almost 2 years ago. So we use reusable shopping bags and containers, anything.

I always ask city dwelling leftists who preach about the environment what they do personally. They are mostly as....if not more....consumerist as everyone.

Why do you always have to drive a wedge in threads with partisanship? Have you ever asked me that question?

I have been using reusable shopping bags for more than 20 years. Those plastic shopping bags are a crime against all living things. Also recycling for 25 plus years. Always buy recycled paper and plastic products. Never buy plastic water bottles. Buy a lot of things in bulk to avoid packaging. Do not buy unnecessary crap. Buy a lot of things second hand. Haven't owned a car in two years. No air conditioner. Small house. Super low carbon footprint. Been doing low waste for two DECADES. May get solar here if we can figure out how, etc. Of course raised my kids to think and act this way.

Please stop categorizing people according to partisan politics. This is important for everyone.