60,000 rape pregnancies in states

OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Honestly, I am staggered by that half million rapes number. And you know there were way more. That's just the officially reported number. How many women get talked out of reporting rape, still. And 64,000 pregnancies due to rape? Good lord. I mean good fucking lord.

The Atomic Punk

Factory Bastard
An estimated 26,000 rape pregnancies in TX alone.
Thats the rapes that ended in pregnancy not the total.

Losing sight of the larger problem.
Rapist should be executed

The Atomic Punk

Factory Bastard
Understanding statistics is important. Did the study say all of the 65k were in states with abortion bans?

This from CNN seems to dispute that

In the study, published Wednesday in the journal JAMA Internal Medicine, researchers from Planned Parenthood, Resound Research for Reproductive Health and academic institutions across the US used a combination of federal surveys on crime and sexual violence to estimate that there were about 520,000 rapes that led to 64,565 pregnancies in the time since abortion bans have been enacted in 14 states – ranging by state from four to 18 months ago.

Total across the US?
65k total that resulted in pregnancy in 14 states or the whole country?

Several different stories with several different interpretations…….pulling on heartstrings of pro choice supporters.

And for the record there are many organizations to pay for travel to states where women can get abortions. Rape should always allow for an abortion……with execution of the rapist soon after

Rapists should be eliminated……right after conviction with DNA evidence

Seamajor

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
I forget you people are incapable of having civilized discussions. What was I thinking?

So what I post, isn’t true. I’m delighted to have a conversation with you. You might find the truth ugly? I’m just not into conspiracy theories

OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Understanding statistics is important. Did the study say all of the 65k were in states with abortion bans?

This from CNN seems to dispute that

In the study, published Wednesday in the journal JAMA Internal Medicine, researchers from Planned Parenthood, Resound Research for Reproductive Health and academic institutions across the US used a combination of federal surveys on crime and sexual violence to estimate that there were about 520,000 rapes that led to 64,565 pregnancies in the time since abortion bans have been enacted in 14 states – ranging by state from four to 18 months ago.

Total across the US?
65k total that resulted in pregnancy in 14 states or the whole country?

Several different stories with several different interpretations…….pulling on heartstrings of pro choice supporters.

And for the record there are many organizations to pay for travel to states where women can get abortions. Rape should always allow for an abortion……with execution of the rapist soon after

Rapists should be eliminated……right after conviction with DNA evidence
14 states. I think that's quite clear.

I posted the article from the Daily Mail because I thought it would be written in CON friendly language. But you can find this info in many sources. Here's a quote from PBS (oh, heavens!)

In a new study published this week in "The Journal of the American Medical Association," researchers used government data on sexual violence to calculate that, since the Supreme Court said states could regulate abortion however they want, there have been more than 64,000 rape-related pregnancies in jurisdictions with bans. They estimate that 26,000 of those were in Texas alone.

Admin.

All that glitters, is not gold.
Site Supporter ☠️
14 states. I think that's quite clear.

I posted the article from the Daily Mail because I thought it would be written in CON friendly language. But you can find this info in many sources. Here's a quote from PBS (oh, heavens!)

In a new study published this week in "The Journal of the American Medical Association," researchers used government data on sexual violence to calculate that, since the Supreme Court said states could regulate abortion however they want, there have been more than 64,000 rape-related pregnancies in jurisdictions with bans. They estimate that 26,000 of those were in Texas alone.
Cue the hysterical raving over the word "Estimate"

Admin.

Site Supporter ☠️
The population of the US is 332 million.

Oh, wait. That's an estimate. I guess it means that number's not backed up by facts.

LMMFAO
What is the significance of using accounting judgments and estimates in accounting?

Each judgement or estimate can significantly impact a company's financial statements and each estimate has a range of possible and supportable results*.

*For further reading See Letitia James legal actions against the Trump Organizations Accounting Practices.

Seamajor

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
An estimated 26,000 rape pregnancies in TX alone.
Thats the rapes that ended in pregnancy not the total.

Losing sight of the larger problem.
Rapist should be executed

I like it. Since Fatso has been nailed on it twice.

Cookie Monster

One of the cool Kids.
Site Supporter ☠️
"Because no recent, reliable state-level data on rapes was available, the researchers, from
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!
and New York, analyzed multiple data sources to estimate reported and unreported rapes in states with total abortion bans.

They also estimated the number of resulting pregnancies based on findings from prior research on rape-related pregnancy rates."

What they didn't "estimate" is how many got abortions in another state or how many would carry to term anyway.
Nothing Burger

Cookie Monster

One of the cool Kids.
Site Supporter ☠️
Cue the hysterical raving over the word "Estimate"

Proper measurements would be done using Hedonic or shadow pricing methods a bit like measuring the gaps in tree rings to work out past temperatures ,if that was accurate.

In this case it would be counting "out of state" abortions with the aborter coming from a restricted state. You see its not about "estimates" when you can collect accurate data but don't. This is Franked by Abortionists wanting to provide raw data as it would be good for business.

The missing data would be those raped and reported it and carried to term, again this wouldn't be to difficult to collect from police forces and Hospitals.

I got an MA in this kind of stuff, Research methods, statistical methods etc.

OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
main-qimg-6d9b88e98e06fcf51b19158c47ac1798

Admin.

Site Supporter ☠️
Proper measurements would be done using Hedonic or shadow pricing methods a bit like measuring the gaps in tree rings to work out past temperatures ,if that was accurate.

In this case it would be counting "out of state" abortions with the aborter coming from a restricted state. You see its not about "estimates" when you can collect accurate data but don't. This is Franked by Abortionists wanting to provide raw data as it would be good for business.

The missing data would be those raped and reported it and carried to term, again this wouldn't be to difficult to collect from police forces and Hospitals.

I got an MA in this kind of stuff, Research methods, statistical methods etc.
How many bushels of wheat do you see here?

uXKW3Ln.png

94e746507ecc44c66da58c82d757b5df96ce77e1.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
yeah……if only they did not wait 20 years…….that would be the ticket
So, if one waits to report, that means it never happened? Or it happened, but it doesn't make any difference now because it was too long ago?

Do you know what your IQ is? If not, and you're curious, I think I know.