after the nuke hits...

Jeannie

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
so im thinking, a nuke hits 15 miles from me and the blast knocks my walls over on top of me while im sleeping

after i climb out, what is my FIRST objective?

do i gather the animals, paw through the rubble looking for expired potassium iodide tabs, guns & ammo, fill the tub with drinking water, food, run out in the road waving my arms in hysteria, etc

what do u suggest?

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter
so im thinking, a nuke hits 15 miles from me and the blast knocks my walls over on top of me while im sleeping

do i gather the animals, paw through the rubble looking for expired potassium iodide tabs, guns & ammo, fill the tub with drinking water, food, run out in the road waving my arms in hysteria, etc

what do u suggest?

Know of a place beforehand to shelter, grab what you can quickly and get there before the radiation starts descending. Find some place with at least 3 feet of compacted material all around. The more compacted the better.

Don't bother with the animals.

Move quickly and decisively.

RANCIDMILKO ™ ®©

Ceedoobie's #1 Fan
Site Supporter ☠️
Y'all should come down to Brazoo, it's possible we don't get nuked

Although you WILL be living in a post-apocalyptic Brazoo, which might not be so different from living on a radioactive wasteland.

Lokmar

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

what do u suggest?
If it hits 15 miles from you, pray the wind is blowing toward the blast and away from you. You're probably dead anyway because if the building you're in is knocked down, you likely got a lethal dose of radiation too. iosat pills never actually expire but they have a date on them because everything has to.

The FIRST thing to do after a blast is seek cover in the middle of a large building, underground, basement, etc. You need to have as much material, earth, rock, stone, around you to shield you from the fallout.

Nukes have 3 primary ways they kill. First is the blast, second is the heat wave, 3rd is radiation.

Breakfall

Such is life...
Site Supporter

what do u suggest?
If it hits 15 miles from you, pray the wind is blowing toward the blast and away from you. You're probably dead anyway because if the building you're in is knocked down, you likely got a lethal dose of radiation too. iosat pills never actually expire but they have a date on them because everything has to.

The FIRST thing to do after a blast is seek cover in the middle of a large building, underground, basement, etc. You need to have as much material, earth, rock, stone, around you to shield you from the fallout.

Nukes have 3 primary ways they kill. First is the blast, second is the heat wave, 3rd is radiation.
A strong government would prevent all this…

Last edited: