All Europeans want to believe they are descended from Vikings.

OP
OP
Lily

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
I have. If you have western European ancestry then you got the Viking genes. It'll show as Scandinavian or some such - particularly if you have French of Brit ancestry.

You have what?

If you have ANY European ancestry you descend from Vikings according to the geneticist. It's just math and a concept geneticists call coalescence.

The New Holliday

Now With 25% More Infinity
Site Supporter
Factory Bastard
You have what?

If you have ANY European ancestry you descend from Vikings according to the geneticist. It's just math and a concept geneticists call coalescence.
I have what I said. The closer your ancestors of 800-1100 CE are to the lands where Vikings ranged the higher percent you are likely to have. That is mainly Britain and France outside of Scandinavia. It's been in the geneology of those people since then.

OP
OP
Lily

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
I have what I said. The closer your ancestors of 800-1100 CE are to the lands were Vikings ranged the higher percent you are likely to have. That is mainly Britain and France outside of Scandinavia.

It is all Europeans according to an expert geneticist. I believe him. Why wouldn't I? If you go back somewhere in the range of 5-10K ago, we all descended from the same ancestor. ALL humans.

The New Holliday

Site Supporter
Factory Bastard
It is all Europeans according to an expert geneticist. I believe him. Why wouldn't I? If you go back somewhere in the range of 5-10K ago, we all descended from the same ancestor. ALL humans.
Right - we are all negroes...I get it. What I said was higher percentage in those groups that I mentioned. You don't need to be a geneticist to figure that out or know the reason.

OP
OP
Lily

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Right - we are all negroes...I get it. What I said was higher percentage in those groups that I mentioned. You don't need to be a geneticist to figure that out or know the reason.

He has been very clear in the lectures I've watched that most of these delineations are human constructs and that biology is a whole hell of a lot messier than these categories...

Last edited:

The New Holliday

Site Supporter
Factory Bastard
He has been very clear in the lectures I've read that most of these delineations are human constructs and that biology is a whole hell of a lot messier than these categories...
I'm sure they are. I always laugh at people who think they can with accuracy trace their genetic lineage by family tree. Like no unsuspected genes ever slipped in there. LoLz.

The New Holliday

Site Supporter
Factory Bastard
Like no unsuspected genes ever slipped in there. LoLz.
.. Oh, reminds me of an amusing story. Friend of mine (somehow a libtard) is from a very conservatarded Trumpian type family. Like they got confederate flags flying and buy into every insane conspiracy theory. So her brother goes and gets his genetic profile and it comes back wih JEWISH emblazoned across the top. BIG capital letters. Well, they are eastern European so what are the odds, right? Apparently this upset him a little. Then on the other side, at least his people are running the world.

Corky

Factory Bastard
Factory Bastard
Good post but too long to watch Lily. Tell your people to make shorter videos. Please and thank you in advance

Admin.

You better hope I don't make it back.
Site Supporter
☠️Private Forum Access
I'm sure they are. I always laugh at people who think they can with accuracy trace their genetic lineage by family tree. Like no unsuspected genes ever slipped in there. LoLz.
When I was fooling around on Ancestry.Com working on my family tree, one of my very earliest Ancestors living in America was listed as being in a classification of marriage, I can't recall what the actual word was, but it meant 'mixed' when I looked it up it said it can mean mixed race or mixed religion, So I might have a little Catholic Native American in melting pot me, or something.

Admin.

Site Supporter
☠️Private Forum Access
When I was fooling around on Ancestry.Com working on my family tree, one of my very earliest Ancestors living in America was listed as being in a classification of marriage, I can't recall what the actual word was, but it meant 'mixed' when I looked it up it said it can mean mixed race or mixed religion, So I might have a little Catholic Native American in melting pot me, or something.
I now believe the word was intermarriage, I have not yet found the document I saw that term describing a late 1600's Ancestor on, I will keep looking, I might be an Indian or African American or OMG French!!!

Admin.

Site Supporter
☠️Private Forum Access
AXWsr5y.png

"All your base are belong to us"

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
☠️Private Forum Access
I have Portuguese in me, so that means I could have some African in me, since many, many Portuguese have the blood of the Moors.

I don't know what Moors mixed with Vikings boils down to, but hey, I am very Heinz 57.

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
☠️Private Forum Access
So, wait. We are all descendants of everyone who ever lived in the 10th century? So I'm related to Ealdred of Bamburgh? And so are you? Holy crap!

Admin.

Site Supporter
☠️Private Forum Access
So, wait. We are all descendants of everyone who ever lived in the 10th century? So I'm related to Ealdred of Bamburgh? And so are you? Holy crap!
Hasn't he been credited as the inventor of rolling papers for rolling Les Royale hipster Joyntes? Name brand of course being derived from his Royal Stylings

pZIEYwg.png

OP
OP
Lily

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

That's what I thought too!

Adam Rutherford is awesome. I've watched several videos. Here was an eye-opening video I watched.

Last edited: