"An armed society is a polite society"

Admin.

The Hand Of Fate.
Site Supporter ☠️
Gun deaths rising in Iowa as new law removes handgun permits

IOWA CITY, Iowa (AP) — Gun deaths are surging in Iowa as a
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!
that will allow people to more easily buy handguns and carry them in public without training or a permit.

A record 353 Iowa residents died from gunshot wounds in 2020, including 263 suicides and 85 homicides, an Iowa Department of Public Health spokeswoman said Tuesday. The shooting deaths represent a 23% increase from Iowa’s previous high of 287 in 2019, including an 80% jump in homicides, according to state data.

It's the most dramatic one-year hike in an upward trend that has accelerated since 2016. From 1999 to 2001, Iowa averaged only 194 annual gun deaths, including just 25 homicides, according to federal data.

Holliday1881

Banned
Banned

that will allow people to more easily buy handguns and carry them in public without training or a permit.

A record 353 Iowa residents died from gunshot wounds in 2020, including 263 suicides and 85 homicides, an Iowa Department of Public Health spokeswoman said Tuesday. The shooting deaths represent a 23% increase from Iowa’s previous high of 287 in 2019, including an 80% jump in homicides, according to state data.

It's the most dramatic one-year hike in an upward trend that has accelerated since 2016. From 1999 to 2001, Iowa averaged only 194 annual gun deaths, including just 25 homicides, according to federal data.

I mean - does Iowa matter though?
Is there even an ILM movement?

OP
OP
Admin.

Admin.

The Hand Of Fate.
Site Supporter ☠️

I mean - does Iowa matter though?
Is there even an ILM movement?
Excellent point!

Omnipotent

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

People would rather die than live in a Westernized country says a lot about the condition of our countries atm.

Holliday1881

Banned
Banned

People would rather die than live in a Westernized country says a lot about the condition of our countries atm.
Democracy, and civilization, is an ongoing process.
This experiment will ultimately fail as others before have.
..but it will come around again and people will be more capable and eventually not retreat into barbarism (conservatism). This evolution will spiral forward for a thousand, maybe a million years before conservatism of this age is finally left behind.

..but it will be. Timeline and event details to be worked out.

OP
OP
Admin.

Admin.

The Hand Of Fate.
Site Supporter ☠️

But at least i can carry an AR15 to get an Ice Cream!

Holliday1881

Banned
Banned

Ice Cream Matters !

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

Democracy, and civilization, is an ongoing process.
This experiment will ultimately fail as others before have.
..but it will come around again and people will be more capable and eventually not retreat into barbarism (conservatism). This evolution will spiral forward for a thousand, maybe a million years before conservatism of this age is finally left behind.

..but it will be. Timeline and event details to be worked out.

Defending individual and constitutional rights is barbaric.

Right. Says the guy who thinks fascism is authentic liberalism.

So who are these great mythical heros who will suddenly evolve to make humans less barbaric?

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

A great many of us are fine with dying to protect our westernized civilization.

Omnipotent

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I would say two types are bumping themselves off... The infirm and the youth, especially with shitty low wage jobs for a lifetime ahead of them...

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
I would say two types are bumping themselves off... The infirm and the youth, especially with shitty low wage jobs for a lifetime ahead of them...

The vast majority of gun violence is gang violence.

I'm actually convinced men who seek to disarm women are just future rapists.

OP
OP
Admin.

Admin.

The Hand Of Fate.
Site Supporter ☠️

When can we look forward to that?

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

When can we look forward to that?

I guess that's up to you guys, isnt it? When civil discourse is good and dead and one group is imposing on another......violence becomes the language.

I'm not the one that wants that.

Omnipotent

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
my nephew who is a psycho has lost ALL his childhoods friends to suicide.... I shit you not.

suicide is a big problem in Australia.

Omnipotent

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
what would happen if we took out all the rioting types out of society right this minute and kids could go back to working in shops all safe again? Do you think more kids would want to live?

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
my nephew who is a psycho has lost ALL his childhoods friends to suicide.... I shit you not.

suicide is a big problem in Australia.

Very sad. Our teen suicide rates have risen herr as well. Or at least ideation and attempts.

I think its directly due to the internet.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
what would happen if we took out all the rioting types out of society right this minute and kids could go back to working in shops all safe again? Do you think more kids would want to live?

We could just get rid of the rioters and let kids go back to school for the purpose of academic education lol. That would help.

Stronger family units are so needed.

Holliday1881

Banned
Banned

Ice Cream Matters !
I had the hippy version of ice cream today.
It was a scorcher !
I set out to the laundramat to wash bedding.
After setting the sheets on hot and pressing the start button
off I drove to the shoppers
with two items on my list.

(1)Aloe Vera lotion to ease my sunburn earn'd in my fishing expedition of two days passed,
and (2)coconut milk vanilla bean non-dairy frozen dessert.

I got so excited about the non-dairy dessert that I passed the laundromat on the way back and went straight home. Deeeeeelicious, and soooo refreshing.

OP
OP
Admin.

Admin.

The Hand Of Fate.
Site Supporter ☠️

Ice Cream Matters !
It was a scorcher !

(1)Aloe Vera lotion to ease my sunburn earn'd in my fishing expedition of two days passed,

I got so excited about the non-dairy dessert that I passed the laundromat on the way back and went straight home. Deeeeeelicious, and soooo refreshing.
I trust you were packing the heat.

Holliday1881

Banned
Banned

Ice Cream Matters !
It was a scorcher !

I trust you were packing the heat.
Had muh rawket launcher over muh shoulder.
Kain't be too careful these days.

Omnipotent

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

No one carries a gun in Australia thank God.

Holliday1881

Banned
Banned

..but them BOOMerangs are deadly I hear.

How many murders a year on that account?

Omnipotent

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

I haven't seen boomerangs for years. Actual boomerangs were children's toys. The sticks men used for hunting didn't return to them.

I want my husband to make me a ging you might call them a sling shot.

Holliday1881

Banned
Banned

I haven't seen boomerangs for years. Actual boomerangs were children's toys. The sticks men used for hunting didn't return to them.

Don't rely on him - make it yourself.
. I'm sure it would be quit artistic.

Omnipotent

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

I have a didgeridoo I decorated.... abo women are not allowed to play didgeridoos.

Omnipotent

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

My arm is out of action... I can't use it saw for instance.