Anyone ever dumpster dive?

X

xXx
Site Supporter
I take firewood whenever I see it sitting on the curb, a contractor will leave a pile from a freshly cut tree hoping someone like me comes along

Seamajor

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
In the Theater District in San Francisco. My cousin knew the dumpster schedule related to shows or plays ending. A treasure trove of props, costumes, signage, etc. we weren’t the only ones tho.

OP
OP
Dove

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

Look at this. All that perfectly good stuff tossed out over dumb things.

This woman has a whole inventory of make up and skin care shes gonna sell right out of the ulta dumpster

This is awesome. I HATE waste. It was actually my 16 year old who started telling me we should do this. At first it was a hard no...and then I started really looking into it and now I'm TOTALLY on board. I seriously love this lol.

realgrimm

ፕልክፏቹክፕ ነየርጎልረጎነፕ
Global Moderator

This woman has a whole inventory of make up and skin care shes gonna sell right out of the ulta dumpster

This is awesome. I HATE waste. It was actually my 16 year old who started telling me we should do this. At first it was a hard no...and then I started really looking into it and now I'm TOTALLY on board. I seriously love this lol.

I found a box just sitting out front a LUSH store with over 20 chipped bath bombs the most miniscule of flaws..

OP
OP
Dove

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

I found a box just sitting out front a LUSH store with over 20 chipped bath bombs the most miniscule of flaws..

Right? All this stuff just thrown out over the smallest things.

Sometimes the employees will destroy things to the point where you cant take it. That's petty as fuck.

OP
OP
Dove

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

Absolutely nothing wrong with any of this stuff. And it would just go to a landfill.

Weeg

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Yep. Lots of recycling there. Also lots of cans along the road. Lots of money to be made!

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

America is the land of plenty & waste @Dove y.

When I was there I couldn't believe how much stuff there was...of anything you could think of.

If ya see 1 or 2 on a shelf in Canada, you'll see at 100 of the same item in the States.

The US has only 4% of the world's population but perhaps accounts for 40-50% of the merchandise purchased in the entire world?

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I miss shopping in the States. For instance, some jeans here are available only in increments of 30", 32", 34", etc. But in the States I can find 30", 31", 32", 33", etc.

Canada sucks ass for variety.

I think it's even worse for other countries.

Of course the businesses will sell their select items to their best customers - which happen to be the States. Then next down the list might be Canada . But lower priority nations will get less stock and even less variety - say like Eastern Europe which is 2nd world. And then the also rans get the remaininder such as the 3rd world countries who end up paying a premium to get em

It's all about priority and pecking order for the businesses.

OP
OP
Dove

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
So I call my 5 year old Squish, and Squish always called my 16 year old daughter "Gee Gee". Squish struggled to say her name clearly and she started calling her Gee Gee.....and then everyone in the house started calling her Gee Gee. Even though Squish can clearly pronounce her name now, we all still call her Gee Gee lol.

So instead of typing out "my 16 year old" I'm just gonna use Gee Gee.

So me and Gee are all pumped up now and we started looking up all the store hours for the first plaza we want to check out. There is a Target, a Bed Bath and Beyond, a Platos Closet and a Hobby Lobby. And across from there is a Big Lots. We just need to find out when they get their garbage taken. We will probably go an hour after closing. We also checked the laws and we should be good so long as it's not locked or anything.

So this will be our first dumpster adventure. We are gonna call ourselves pavement pirates and use pirate lingo. Its gonna be GOOD SHIT.

We will still video it and I'll share it if it turns out cool :D now we can finally use these stupid masks lol

• Interesting
Reactions: Joe

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
OP
OP
Dove

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
I hear a lotta imported stuff is really expensive in ta buy in Brazil eh @RANCIDMILKO ™ ®© ?
Yes and I've said that here what? Only 100 times?
Hahahaha!!!

Seems ta be a lotta quality free stuff that gets frequently thrown out where I live @The Prowler. Stuff I see in the antique shops. Guess some people are well off here in Vancouver.

Do some dumpster diving!

Jeannie

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
if ur gonna dumpster dive, do it outside a lowes or home depot - no where that serves food

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter
There are people here who just cut the power cords off of electrical goods left on the curb for hard waste pick up.

For the copper.... some make as much as 250 bucks a day.

Breakfall

Such is life...
Site Supporter
There are people here who just cut the power cords off of electrical goods left on the curb for hard waste pick up.

For the copper.... some make as much as 250 bucks a day.
That day. It’s not that lucrative…trust me. You seem to be a bit naive when it comes to the Australian economy as a whole.