Anyone ever dumpster dive?

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

The amount of waste is incredible. I cannot believe people have found living animals from pet shops like birds and fish. How cruel is that?

This actually looks like fun to me and I'm thinking about doing it ....at least trying it and see what happens.

Whole Foods is terrible. And I cant believe some places rip open food and poor bleach on it. So what someone who is starving badly enough to eat food from a dumpster cant even have it? Smh. It should be put in a specail bin with the reason it was discarded and just leave it.

Anyway this actually looks like a lot of fun. Have any of you ever done it?

Last edited:

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Back in my late 20's my girlfriend at the time and I were on a coupon binge to see if we could replicate the $1000 worth of stuff for $10 thing you see on TV. A friend had a second job delivering papers and he told us where the local newspaper company has workers insert the coupon inserts into the paper then fold them and bag them for delivery on rainy days.

We dived those dumpsters a few times but they literally o ly had extra newspapers and coupon inserts in them from the local newspaper company. That way we could get 100 copies or more of each coupon insert without having to buy newspapers to get them. Soon after they started looking those dumpsters so that was that.

Last edited:

realgrimm

ፕልክፏቹክፕ ነየርጎልረጎነፕ
Global Moderator
I also belong to a few dumpster diving Facebook groups where they take pictures of there hauls

Me and a friend of mine are plotting to go dumpster diving behind plazas. If it's worth it, we have a new hobby :D

check facebook for local diving groups , they have it mapped and what the areas are good for

Adam Hitler

110/14/88
Site Supporter
I couldn't think of anything worse personally, rubbish bins fucking stink!!

I remember my days doing security in supermarkets, periodically I'd have to go outside around the back where the bins are to tell junkies to sling it who were rummaging in them.

realgrimm

ፕልክፏቹክፕ ነየርጎልረጎነፕ
Global Moderator

I remember my days doing security in supermarkets, periodically I'd have to go outside around the back where the bins are to tell junkies to sling it who were rummaging in them.

I think this may become more common as spply chains and inflation grip on.. not all bins are food waste either

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter
If it was necessary, I'd dumpster dive....

Haven't yet though I've checked out curbside hard rubbish piles for hardwood furniture and unwanted electronics.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
If I see unprotected pallets lying around then I will put a few in my pickup bed. Those make excellent free firewood either at home in the fireplace or at a camp fire. Hell, I will go to the beach with friends and family and put a few in the fire ring.

OP
OP
Dove

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
I'll video it my first try if you guys wanna watch :D

I already have rubber boots, long rubber gloves and a few grabby thingies.

And anyone who thinks of me as some princess type is gonna learn lol

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dove

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

I'm not gonna go into nasty stinky ones that have lots of food waste.

I'm talking places like Target, Ulta, so on. I probably will hit up Whole Foods after researching their dump schedule. All that perfectly good produce getting chucked pisses me off. I will do it just to give stuff away.

I found a FB group already and they say if you show up to Aldi arou d closing and tell them they will often just give it to you. Think about that food you can give away if you dont want it. All the stuff still packaged. Nothings wrong with it at all.

It's a sin how much waste is going on. Its gotta be.

RANCIDMILKO ™ ®©

Ceedoobie's #1 Fan
Site Supporter ☠️
I knew two guys in the US who made a good living picking up appliances and furniture from garbage in rich cities and sold them in 2nd hand stores.

OP
OP
Dove

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
I'll video it my first try if you guys wanna watch :D

I already have rubber boots, long rubber gloves and a few grabby thingies.

And anyone who thinks of me as some princess type is gonna learn lol

Do eeeeittt!

I'm gonna dew eeeiittt!

Seriously. I'm gonna plan it with my goofy friend and we will video it lol.

realgrimm

ፕልክፏቹክፕ ነየርጎልረጎነፕ
Global Moderator

I'm not gonna go into nasty stinky ones that have lots of food waste.

I'm talking places like Target, Ulta, so on. I probably will hit up Whole Foods after researching their dump schedule. All that perfectly good produce getting chucked pisses me off. I will do it just to give stuff away.

I found a FB group already and they say if you show up to Aldi arou d closing and tell them they will often just give it to you. Think about that food you can give away if you dont want it. All the stuff still packaged. Nothings wrong with it at all.

It's a sin how much waste is going on. Its gotta be.

Used to have a place in the market Thusday 8pm all the expired that day meat, steaks,chops,burgers..etc they'd also ask you to come into the store then rip open bags and make a mess No kidding 30 40 pieces of meat absolutely fine, we'd have a big BBQ for the whole building them , their friends and their animal all ate well even the vegatarians

realgrimm

ፕልክፏቹክፕ ነየርጎልረጎነፕ
Global Moderator

You ever buy shit from the boosters, lots of its liquidation dumpsters

OP
OP
Dove

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
I saw a guys Ulta haul. He had 50 plus unopened and within date Tarte concealers and a ton of high end skin care..none if it expired. NARS foundation. Sole De Janero lotions.

His wife sells it in one of my make up groups. She let's you know it was pulled from dumpster....that doesnt stop her from making a few hundred bucks.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I also belong to a few dumpster diving Facebook groups where they take pictures of there hauls

Me and a friend of mine are plotting to go dumpster diving behind plazas. If it's worth it, we have a new hobby :D

I don't dumpster dive but I pick up a Lotta free stuff in my apartment @Dove y.

People either put it in the laundry room or the garage.

Today I gotta free computer monitor.
One time I got some free sterling silver spoons. Someone else threw out his vintage jazz cd collection. Free art books, musical scores etc. Free stainless steel lagostina cookware. Sometimes that stuff would be expensive to buy in the stores.

I don't even need to shop plus it's perfectly legal & legit.

DDT

Factory Bastard
Due to some of my previous jobs, I've been inside a lot of businesses... While most dumpsters are just filled with trash, one business in particular would be worth it to dumpster dive:

They imported beer from all over the world. Huge warehouse. Now, every country has standards on the labeling requirements of alcoholic beverages. And if a shipment doesn't meet those standards, guess where those cans of beer go? Right in the dumpster!

RANCIDMILKO ™ ®©

Ceedoobie's #1 Fan
Site Supporter ☠️
Due to some of my previous jobs, I've been inside a lot of businesses... While most dumpsters are just filled with trash, one business in particular would be worth it to dumpster dive:

They imported beer from all over the world. Huge warehouse. Now, every country has standards on the labeling requirements of alcoholic beverages. And if a shipment doesn't meet those standards, guess where those cans of beer go? Right in the dumpster!
That's sacrilege

X

xXx
Site Supporter
If I see unprotected pallets lying around then I will put a few in my pickup bed. Those make excellent free firewood either at home in the fireplace or at a camp fire. Hell, I will go to the beach with friends and family and put a few in the fire ring.
you burn skids inside your home ?