Has anyone ever flown a drone?

Breakfall

Such is life...
Site Supporter
images

I’m thinking about getting one for my wife so she can film me surfing whilst also spotting for sharks?

Do any you have some specific brands in mind that would best suit the marine lifestyle?

TheHaze

If my dog doesn't like you, I probably won'teither
Site Supporter
Tryed one out and got bored in a few minutes - - - - - -

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
I fly a Mavic Mini...249g so it is legal to fly in Canada without a license.

It would work well to get some surfing footage and for spotting sharks too.

I have some awesome footage with a "bird's eye view" of different areas in my province.

OP
OP
Breakfall

Breakfall

Such is life...
Site Supporter
DJI

I think they are the best bang for the buck out there...
Cool…cheers for the tip. My wife was worried about flying it into the sea itself, but I guess the good brands have height parameters that one can set into motion. On a big day the clean-out sets over 10-15 ft was the concern.

Ive seen random footage of drones that can fly off water itself.

Seamajor

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Just found this new footage…

These water drones are awesome. Think I’ll hit the beach with mine. Funny drones a disallowed in many places in the US. Anything goes in this place. Crashing the thing into the after is always a fear.

OP
OP
Breakfall

Breakfall

Such is life...
Site Supporter
These water drones are awesome. Think I’ll hit the beach with mine. Funny drones a disallowed in many places in the US. Anything goes in this place. Crashing the thing into the after is always a fear.
They have restricted use because of people accidentally crashing into private property or the perverts hovering near windows.

I won’t get a license because my wife will use it at the beach over the water.