Anyone Here A Retro Gaming Buff?

Larry Loungelizard

I appreciate irony as long as I'm not it's victim.
I recently downloaded Turok and Turok 2: Seeds of Evil onto my PS4. Surprised how N64 games can be transferred to other platforms. Feels great playing those games.

OP
OP
Alticus

Alticus

Mr. Excitement
Site Supporter ☠️
I recently downloaded Turok and Turok 2: Seeds of Evil onto my PS4. Surprised how N64 games can be transferred to other platforms. Feels great playing those games.
I've heard of gamers doing that with games. Myself, I'm not tech savvy enough to do that. lol

OP
OP
Alticus

Alticus

Mr. Excitement
Site Supporter ☠️
You'll find if you haven't already, that I have a warped sense of humor. lol

cw_

> you
Site Supporter ☠️
I've got something similar to this:

KCyjVkw.jpg

Retro Game Console – Mini Retro Game System Built-in 620 Games and 2 Controllers

It was cheap. Preloaded games was handy. Hardly ever used...

OP
OP
Alticus

Alticus

Mr. Excitement
Site Supporter ☠️
I've got something similar to this:

KCyjVkw.jpg

Retro Game Console – Mini Retro Game System Built-in 620 Games and 2 Controllers

It was cheap. Preloaded games was handy. Hardly ever used...
I have a mini Sega Genesis like that. Today's games are very impressive but I miss the simplicity of retro games.

RANCIDMILKO ™ ®©

Ceedoobie's #1 Fan
Site Supporter ☠️
I used to play consoles at relatives and friends houses when I was a kid, but my first personal experience with gaming on my own device was in my XT PC

Karateka, Prince of Persia, TestDrive, California Games, Stunts, Indiana Jones, Maniac Mansion, Monkey Island, Golden Axe man I had fun with that computer

I remember the thrill of getting a copy of a new game and not knowing if it was going to run or not

First console I had was the SNES, I bought it my own money and sold it when I got a 486 PC, which was also a ton of fun

I wish I could feel as excited with gaming today as I felt back then, but it's impossible because now I'm a bored spoiled middle aged man.

OP
OP
Alticus

Alticus

Mr. Excitement
Site Supporter ☠️
I used to play consoles at relatives and friends houses when I was a kid, but my first personal experience with gaming on my own device was in my XT PC

Karateka, Prince of Persia, TestDrive, California Games, Stunts, Indiana Jones, Maniac Mansion, Monkey Island, Golden Axe man I had fun with that computer

I remember the thrill of getting a copy of a new game and not knowing if it was going to run or not

First console I had was the SNES, I bought it my own money and sold it when I got a 486 PC, which was also a ton of fun

I wish I could feel as excited with gaming today as I felt back then, but it's impossible because now I'm a bored spoiled middle aged man.
I still play a lot of retro games but I do miss the enthusiasm I had for them as a kid. I guess as you get older you don't get as excited as you used to. Sad

cw_

> you
Site Supporter ☠️
I still play a lot of retro games but I do miss the enthusiasm I had for them as a kid. I guess as you get older you don't get as excited as you used to. Sad
I do! (learn how to pretend) ;)

Here is that console in its home with me. Also, check out the smilie face the sun is making on that watering can. :D

ivN98bM.jpg

OP
OP
Alticus

Alticus

Mr. Excitement
Site Supporter ☠️
I do! (learn how to pretend) ;)

Here is that console in its home with me. Also, check out the smilie face the sun is making on that watering can. :D

ivN98bM.jpg
Sweet setup! I wish I knew some gamer girls around my neighborhood. Gamer chicks are cool!

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
Yep.

Master Blaster. River City Ransom. The Mario's. Adventures of Lulu. Shadow Gate and Uninvited.

So many.

realgrimm

ፕልክፏቹክፕ ነየርጎልረጎነፕ
Global Moderator
Oh I know the answer here...

Install
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!
to your device go to
download any from the thousands of old school classics and newer ones put em on a usb stick the use a file opener llike
and transfer the data and fix permission if Retro Arch doesnt have them all ready... and voila just like the originals

Breakfall

Such is life...
Site Supporter
Yep.

Master Blaster. River City Ransom. The Mario's. Adventures of Lulu. Shadow Gate and Uninvited.

So many.
I didn’t think that you were old enough to remember Master Blaster!? That was a real step-up from PAC man and Mrs PAC man.
Around the same time, early 80’s, they have two significant additions to the gaming hype: Kangaroo and Kung Fu street fighter. Tops!