89c371f258043494ba7d910157ee38b6.gif

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
BUMP!!!

Its that time of year folks!!!!

aaf2e56f3d556ebcd7bf31887a46c346b96373e6.jpg

Nice looking flags...wrong cause Tho.

The guy who designed them would be a millionaire if royalties were paid for every time they were printed.

Maybe his descendants should sue ya'll fer non payment @Blazor & using his intellectual property without his permission eh?

OP
OP
Blazor

Blazor

Put your glasses on!
Site Supporter
BUMP!!!

The guy who designed them would be a millionaire if royalties were paid for every time they were printed.

Maybe his descendants should sue ya'll fer non payment @Blazor & using his intellectual property without his permission eh?

Aaaaah, you need to stick around in this thread then! In fact, read it from the beginning! You have much to learn Joe!

For one, its a battle flag, the battle flag of Northern Virginia. For two, its based on the cross of St. Andrew.

OP
OP
Blazor

Blazor

Put your glasses on!
Site Supporter
“The fact that one army was fighting for union and the other for disunion is a political expression; the actual fact on the battlefield, in the face of cannon and musket, was that the Federal troops came as invaders and the Southern troops stood as defenders of their homes, and further than this we need not go.”

~General Pierre Gustave Toutant Beauregard, CSA

OP
OP
Blazor

Blazor

Put your glasses on!
Site Supporter
@Lokmar and @Dove , sound familiar?

“If they (the North) prevail, the whole character of the Government will be changed, and instead of a federal republic, the common agent of sovereign and independent States, we shall have a central despotism, with the notion of States forever abolished, deriving its powers from the will, and shaping its policy according to the wishes, of a numerical majority of the people; we shall have, in other words, a supreme, irresponsible democracy. The Government does not now recognize itself as an ordinance of God, and when all the checks and balances of the Constitution are gone, we may easily figure to ourselves the career and the destiny of this godless monster of democratic absolutism. The progress of regulated liberty on this continent will be arrested, anarchy will soon succeed, and the end will be a military despotism, which preserves order by the sacrifice of the last vestige of liberty.

They are now fighting the battle of despotism. They have put their Constitution under their feet; they have annulled its most sacred provisions; The future fortunes of our children, and of this continent, would then be determined by a tyranny which has no parallel in history.”

— Dr. James Henly Thornwell of South Carolina, in “Our Danger and our Duty”, 1862

OP
OP
Blazor

Blazor

Put your glasses on!
Site Supporter

Typical Yankee scum.

The South was never defeated. The South wore ourselves out whipping the enemy. Even while being vastly outnumbered.

If you call Yankees winners, the same folk that came down here and burned, raped, pillaged, and murdered, well then, you are nothing but scum.

The South fought for homeland and hearth. When tyranny prevails, there are no winners, we all become losers. So you are just as much a loser, Yankee scum.

Lokmar

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

Typical Yankee scum.

The South was never defeated. The South wore ourselves out whipping the enemy. Even while being vastly outnumbered.

If you call Yankees winners, the same folk that came down here and burned, raped, pillaged, and murdered, well then, you are nothing but scum.

The South fought for homeland and hearth. When tyranny prevails, there are no winners, we all become losers. So you are just as much a loser, Yankee scum.
Sounds like the north was like russia and the South was like Ukraine.

OP
OP
Blazor

Blazor

Put your glasses on!
Site Supporter

Typical Yankee scum.

Sounds like the north was like russia and the South was like Ukraine.

In a way, yes.

Both complicated to a degree.

Admin.

All that glitters, is not gold.
Site Supporter ☠️

Typical Yankee scum.

If the confederacy was not defeated, why did Lee sign the "Cry Uncle, Sam" Papers? I ask as the great grand son of the south.

japan-surrenders-end-of-wwii-gettyimages-50370225.jpg

The US Navy Conquers Nippon.

Admin.

Site Supporter ☠️
278133631_2121872021308410_5871708681313688285_n.jpg

157 YEARS AGO
Appomattox
April 9, 1865

The chairs and table used by Generals Lee (right) and Grant (left) in the McLean House parlor.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
If the confederacy was not defeated, why did Lee sign the "Cry Uncle, Sam" Papers? I ask as the great grand son of the south.

....sure the North won...but at what price?

Seems they didn't do a very good job at mending fences.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
BUMP!!!

Aaaaah, you need to stick around in this thread then! In fact, read it from the beginning! You have much to learn Joe!

For one, its a battle flag, the battle flag of Northern Virginia. For two, its based on the cross of St. Andrew.

I'm no fan of the Confederacy.

However I think this effort to tear down its flag is essentially wokeism.

People agonize that it reminds them of a symbol of hate because of the suffering inflicted on their ancestors by the Confederate States of America. Therefore they have this compulsion to bury it or destroy the Confederate flag. Even tho they aren't the people who actually suffered.

It's like what's happening in Canada right now with the Native people. Similarly trying to tear down every symbol of history which reminds them of 'White Hate'. Destroying their statues & Churches. Another shining example of wokeisism.

Pretty soon there won't be any history left for the public to see, except that which gets tucked away in a warehouse.

All to satisfy the whims of social justice warriors.

OP
OP
Blazor

Blazor

Put your glasses on!
Site Supporter

Typical Yankee scum.

japan-surrenders-end-of-wwii-gettyimages-50370225.jpg

The US Navy Conquers Nippon.

Lee signed the surrender of the Army of Northern Virginia.

His army was stretched too thin across too much land, his resources depleted, his men were tired.

Lee could no longer bare to witness the destruction of the South land. And seeing no victory, as the North had all the resources, he surrendered.

But the war was not totally over that day. Several generals across the land still had to surrender over the next few months. Including the Cherokee General, who was the last General to surrender, on land.

The South had promised the Injuns much more than the Union could. And we know what the Union did to the Indians.

The final surrender was a year and a half later, when the ship Shenandoah surrendered.

OP
OP
Blazor

Blazor

Put your glasses on!
Site Supporter
278133631_2121872021308410_5871708681313688285_n.jpg

157 YEARS AGO
Appomattox
April 9, 1865

The chairs and table used by Generals Lee (right) and Grant (left) in the McLean House parlor.

April 9th, 1865. From -- Rebel Boast: First at Bethel, Last at Appomattox -- by Manly Wade Wellman

The sun climbed behind the clouds. It was noon. Exhaustion unstrung them, without relaxing them. They had strength left for nothing but wretched sorrow. Men who could march and fight no longer could still weep. Tears were jewel-bright on sunburnt hairy faces.

Hours wore themselves slowly away. From overhead the sun slid halfway down its course to the western horizon. Then, from wherever he had ridden to the tragedy he must bring upon them all, Robert E. Lee came back into their sight, the gray man on the gray horse.

Faithful scarecrows surged toward him from right and left. They pressed close to him, touching his coat, his boots, the skirts of his saddle, the flanks and withers of Traveller.

Lee, the cosmically self-contained, had tears in his eyes. When he spoke, his voice shook:
"Men, we have fought through the war together I have done the best for you that I could "

A hubbub of cries drowned out his words.

"General! We'll fight 'em yet!"

It was all they had left to offer him. Not to win, not to rout or crush Grant's mighty encircling hundred thousand; only to fight once more, one last time, for Robert E. Lee, and die fighting.

"General, say the word, and we'll go in and fight 'em yet!"

But Lee did not say the word. His heart was too full to say anything more. He rode on, and they let him go, and watched from a distance as he slowly dismounted under a tree. Couriers and aides formed a cordon around him. His brokenhearted soldiers returned to their little groups. Time resumed its inexorable crawl past them.

a645463c2e5936f80e3ed16db297214bebc3baf5.jpg

OP
OP
Blazor

Blazor

Put your glasses on!
Site Supporter
Major William Simpson Dunlop, 12th South Carolina Infantry, writing of the Confederate soldier --

"They fought for principle and not for pay -- for home rule, local self government, constitutional liberty—against aggression, paternalism and Federal domination. And while their cause went down under the "arbitrament of the sword," no court of justice or equity has ever adjudicated against their claims. They were grand soldiers, and they were right."

OP
OP
Blazor

Blazor

Put your glasses on!
Site Supporter
Wade Hampton -- Warrenton, Virginia June 23, 1883

"When our Divine Master perished on the cross, did the doctrines for which he died perish with him? We believe we have truth on our side; let us then assert and maintain our faith, and God will in His own good time make it manifest that we were right. If we were wrong in our struggle, then was the Declaration of Independence in '76 a terrible mistake, and the revolution to which it led a palpable crime; Washington should be stigmatised as traitor, and Benedict Arnold canonised as patriot. If the principles which justified the first revolution were true in 1776, they were no less true in that of 1861. The success of the former can add not one jot or tittle to the abstract truth of the principles which gave it birth, nor can the failure of the latter destroy one particle of those ever-living principles. If Washington was a patriot, Lee cannot have been a rebel; if the grand enunciation of the truths of the Declaration of Independence made Jefferson immortal, the observance of them cannot make Davis a traitor."

OP
OP
Blazor

Blazor

Put your glasses on!
Site Supporter
To the dispatch from the War Department, Gov. LETCHER made this reply:

EXECUTIVE DEPARTMENT.RICHMOND, Va., April 16, 1861.
HON. SIMON CAMERON, Secretary of War:

SIR: I received your telegram of the 15th, the genuineness of which I doubted. Since that time (have received your communication, mailed the same day, in which I am requested to detach from the militia of the State of Virginia "the quota designated in a table," which you append, "to serve as infantry or riflemen for the period of three months, unless sooner discharged."

In reply to this communication, I have only to say that the militia of Virginia will not be furnished to the powers at Washington for any such use or purpose as they have in view. Your object is to subjugate the Southern States, and a requisition made upon me for such an object -- an object, in my judgment, not within the purview of the Constitution or the act of 1795 -- will not be complied with. You have chosen to inaugurate civil war, and having done so, we will meet it in a spirit as determined as the Administration has exhibited towards the South. Respectfully

Levon

Philosopher King
Site Supporter
Wade Hampton -- Warrenton, Virginia June 23, 1883

"When our Divine Master perished on the cross, did the doctrines for which he died perish with him? We believe we have truth on our side; let us then assert and maintain our faith, and God will in His own good time make it manifest that we were right. If we were wrong in our struggle, then was the Declaration of Independence in '76 a terrible mistake, and the revolution to which it led a palpable crime; Washington should be stigmatised as traitor, and Benedict Arnold canonised as patriot. If the principles which justified the first revolution were true in 1776, they were no less true in that of 1861. The success of the former can add not one jot or tittle to the abstract truth of the principles which gave it birth, nor can the failure of the latter destroy one particle of those ever-living principles. If Washington was a patriot, Lee cannot have been a rebel; if the grand enunciation of the truths of the Declaration of Independence made Jefferson immortal, the observance of them cannot make Davis a traitor."

It's logically sustainable, and it also highlights the historical truth that this Republic was founded and later expanded upon compromises that were bitter and divisive. It can be argued that around 1820, the USA missed its chance to admit that the Great Compromise of 1787 had made a true democratic republic impossible, and it should be dissolved now that the War of 1812 had finally settled the Independence Question with respect to the English. And re-constituted either as one nation or as two.

Admin.

Site Supporter ☠️

Hellz, I forgot April 9 was Appomattox Day. But we needn't be disrespectful by making a new meme, when there is HISTORY to be found in the contemporaneous newspapers.

800px-Lee_Surrendered%2C_Albany_Journal%2C_10_Apr_1865.png
That has God on it. You should demand it be destroyed in the name of separation of church and state, loon!
I'm suing you pursuant to the Preamble to the Declaration of Independence, you're bumming out my Happiness man.

OP
OP
Blazor

Blazor

Put your glasses on!
Site Supporter
I feel now is a good time to remind folk that the South was defending their homes, and fighting for Liberty, much like their forefathers were less than 100 years prior. Wearing their kin's clothing in fact.

George Washington himself was in the seal of the Confederacy....

iu

OP
OP
Blazor

Blazor

Put your glasses on!
Site Supporter
Hey you two lol. You know I like you both lol. But if y'all want me to talk about history, this thread would be great for it this month. I know a lot lol. This is my home.

I just ask that y'all be ladies about it lol.

See my post below.......

Now, I'll return to the other thread and reply there too, where the cat fight can continue there hahaha :Popcorn:

...who did the most for civil rights in this country since Lincoln.

Murdy, Murdy, Murdy.... Lincoln was a sack of shit.

She thinks Lincoln was a democrat and that Democrats passed civil rights.

She has no idea that Republicans did all of that. And she wont actually read anything. So she has basic history grasp on the parties. She doesnt know democrats were the party of Jim Crow and Republicans were the civil rights, abolition party.

Try to educate her.....of you dare. Odds are good she will either play along only to blather the same misinfo later or she will get shitty with you.

Murdy likes me, she wont get shitty with me lol. But she will prolly play along, and tell me the stuff she was "taught".

I dont even like to associate party names anymore, cause there are "Radicals" that fuck up the party name, on either side. Today we have Radical Democrats. They are doing the SAME shit as the Radical Republicans of the 1800's.

I just dont think she really knows who Lincoln was. He was a real piece of shit. I could list a ton of stuff on the fucker. If she opens her mind to what I say, I would bet she would change her tune on the racist, murdering, atheist, greedy fuck.

He never wanted to free the slaves. When he did the Emancipation Proclamation, it only freed the Southern Slaves. It was a tactical move, like Britain did during the Revolutionary War. "Help us and your free". He wanted the slaves to rebel on the South. But they didnt, and instead fought with the South. But because Lincoln controlled the Press (media), the world thought "they fighting to free the slaves!".

New York was one of the biggest slave owning states, and it was in the North. Slaves in the North were not free til after Lincoln was shot, and it was added as the edited 13th Amendment that all slaves were free (except prisoners btw). The original 13th Amendment, ironically, was proposed before the War of Northern Aggression, as to allow slavery forever in the Constitution. Not many know that either.

Slavery was never even a factor of the war until halfway through it. It did not start over slavery. It started over many factors, but high tariffs were one of the main things.

Lincoln didnt attack the Southern States to free the slaves. He wanted to whip them back into the Union because "mah tariffs!".

The Radical Republicans were coming to rise, and they were greedy Yankee fucks, that were taxing the shit outta the South, and sending most the revenue to invest in the North where they were.

States held power back in the day. When this nation began, the States formed a Confederation in the 1700s so we could be free. We became United STATES, held together by the will of the people.

When Southern States were not being heard, the grievances were not addressed, they decided to secede, as they were allowed. It was only a few states at first, 4 I think. MY state, Virginia, as well as other states, only seceded when the government asked them to fight their country men. They simply said no, and seceded, as allowed.

Virginia specifically signed the Constitution as one of the last few states to do so. They made sure, to include in the writing, that they could leave when they wanted, if they felt their rights were at stake or their grievances were not met.

So they left legally. Nor did they want to attack their families and country men. They knew Liberty was much more precious.

I can go on and on on this stuff lol. But that was enough for a coffee fueled "Dove" post lol.

:Confederacy::Confederacy::Confederacy::Confederacy::Confederacy::Confederacy::Confederacy:

:Vibin:

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
Blaze.....Murd was friends with me and Big in real life for like 12 years. We have all met eachother.

Shes willing to visciously turn on actual friends over politcs? She isnt gonna be any better to anyone else.

If she ever accepts the FACT that Lincoln was the father of the Republican party.....she would be more likely to slam him or believe things because she really NEEDS to hate Republicans. She needs to believe democrats were the civil rights heros and shes on the right side. And since shes in CA....she isnt gonna see the truth and risk her whole socail circle or go against the cult, you know?

Many of these people will do all kinds of mental gymnastics to avoid seeing the reality that they are blatantly on the side of the most powerful and wealthiest people who seek to divide and destroy and take away our rights and make us government slaves.

She already has taken a stance against womens sex based rights and is fine with us losing them.

Slamming the Constitution is being introduced to the mainstream little by little now.

I'm convinced shes gonna ride this to the bitter end if only for the sake of appearances. If the dems/progs started rounding up minorities and putting them in camps these people would support it and claim it's to keep them "safe" from a system of white supremacy and they would just ignore any human rights brutalities occurring in them.

I'm not saying that to be dramatic. Look at what they dismiss and overlook now. Theyll go right along with anything their masters do as long as they can hate and blame the rest of us. They turn on their own the minute one of them starts saying they are uncomfortable with the direction this is headed in. They call Russel Brand a "right winger" now.

And there is my coffee fueled Dove post lol

OP
OP
Blazor

Blazor

Put your glasses on!
Site Supporter
"The consolidation of the states into one vast empire, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of ruin which has overwhelmed all that preceded it." — Robert E. Lee