OP
Blazor

Blazor

Put your glasses on!
Site Supporter
Anyways...the CSA is jes history now.

Instead of getting worked up about it,
People should git over it and see it as some historical context

I was thinkin this thread should be about the Good & the Bad aspects about it.

Teh Confederacy gets so much flack about its slave holding past, and yet these civilizations we call 'Great' had significantly more of it goin' on and likely a lot more depraved than the Confederacy.

ie - Ancient Egypt, Rome and Ancient Greece just some examples.

For better wor worse, this thread should be about what it was like to live back then.

Well Joe, history is exactly what Im trying to provide, ALL month long lol.

Slavery was a whole nother issue aside from the Confederacy. It existed long before the Confederacy, and still existed after.

Note, not one slave ship ever flew the Confederate flag, nor landed at a Southern port. All slaves landed at Northern ports, and were sold down South.

OP
OP
Blazor

Blazor

Put your glasses on!
Site Supporter
I should buy a gun for Confederate Month!!!

Were your ancestors Confederates too, Lokmeer?!

Sre seems like it!

Man...you sing for the Stars n Bars thru n thru.
Before Trump, I used to say Jefferson Davis was my President! My peeps all came here AFTER 1880.

...so were you descended from any Confederate Ancestors?

Or did the Fight for the Blue Side?
Are you retarded?

Oh I think it's kkinda interesting.

ie - the descendants of Jesse James are still around.
Apparently, He was a Confederate soldier and outlaw.
But one of his descendants became a judge - on the opposite side of the law.

So are the descendants of Jefferson Davis - whom I think live in Colorado today.

It's just History, nothin to get worked up about.
I agree, however, my relatives arrived after 1880. That was after the civil war.

...they missed the fun!

I think Lokmar's family would of been a valuable asset in the South, had they arrived sooner.

OP
OP
Blazor

Blazor

Put your glasses on!
Site Supporter
On this day in 1865 General A.P. Hill was K.I.A. scouting enemy positions. This flag was made by Hill's wife from the silks of her wedding gown and presented to the Gordonsville Grays along with the rest of the 13th Virginia Infantry.

91716102_766082547251741_2463979560408973312_n.jpg

91782829_766082603918402_5123543796809728000_n.jpg

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Anyways...the CSA is jes history now.

Instead of getting worked up about it,
People should git over it and see it as some historical context

I was thinkin this thread should be about the Good & the Bad aspects about it.

Teh Confederacy gets so much flack about its slave holding past, and yet these civilizations we call 'Great' had significantly more of it goin' on and likely a lot more depraved than the Confederacy.

ie - Ancient Egypt, Rome and Ancient Greece just some examples.

For better wor worse, this thread should be about what it was like to live back then.

Well Joe, history is exactly what Im trying to provide, ALL month long lol.

Slavery was a whole nother issue aside from the Confederacy. It existed long before the Confederacy, and still existed after.

Note, not one slave ship ever flew the Confederate flag, nor landed at a Southern port. All slaves landed at Northern ports, and were sold down South.

Well, that being said, I hope you don't take offence if others post accounts of Soutern American Society before or at the time of the Civil War. I don't think it was a bowl of cherries for a lot of people. Not only Black people, but poor Whites, who from the sounds of it, may have accounted fo 90% or more of the White population at that time.

What we see in thei History books or movies is told through a Wealthy plantation owner's eyes. The ones who could afford educations and could read and write. But we rarly hear what it was like from the common White person's POV, who were referred to as 'Poor White Trash'. They were used as stereotypes by the North & looked down upon by rich Southerners. All them God & Generals types were the aristocrats of Souther Society, not the average person.

Again, the purpose isn't to vilify the South, but to try to tell it like it was & try to provide a more honest account.

Like I said, I think it's hypocritical that they blindside the Old Confederacy while glorifying supposedly Great European Empires and Kings/Emperors. ie - The Roman Colesium was built with Slave labor as were all those great Chruches and architectural monumens in Europe. 19th century European colonialism was essentially slavery & their atrocities were worse than the South. King Leopold of Belium killed more Blacks in the Congo than Jews perished in the Holocacust. Apparently Julius Caeser killed millions of Barbarians and enslaved them. Yet he's thought of as 'Great'. Rome wasn't built in a Day they say. More like it was built on the backs of milions of Slaves - White Ones.

Last edited:

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Most blatant about BLM/ANTIFA hypocrisy is they're so eager to destroy any reminders of the Confederacy while overlooking racism towards Black people in other parts of the world & how the US government actually condones them, even profits from it.

ie - Saudi Arabia only abolished slavery in 1962, 100 years after the USA did. Southern Sudan fought a 30 year war with the North in no small part because Arabs from that region were raiding the South, rounding up Blacks, enslaving them & forcing them to convert to Islam.

And rumors have it that slavery still exists in Saudi Arabia and the wealthy Arab Gulf States. Blacks from Africa perform menial jobs in the Islamic Kingdom.

The Slave trade still exists in Africa, and Arabs are complicit in it.

INT-Libyan-Slave-Trade1.png

Meanwhile, the USA still sells arms to these wealthy Arab Gulf countries & buy oil from them, keeping them in business.

Even the USA's Black King Obama was wheeling and dealing with the likes of Saudi Arabia while condemning a nation which ceased to exist 150 years ago.

I wonder why these BLM types aren't going after present day Saudi Arabia, instead of attacking the Confederacy - a state which no longer exists?

Last edited:

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
166462423_10218842422986752_8423783210685581317_n.jpg

...given that BLM/ANTIFA has Free Reign to honour its heroes, build monuments & is offered protection to march and demonstrate, the same courtesy should also be extended to Confederates as well. While some historical monuments honouring controversial historical figures such as Roger B. Taney ought to be removed, perhaps others such as those of Robert E. Lee be allowed to remain & be protected as well.

Perhaps there should be limitations on the use of flags, such as inciting riots, but for historical an dpeaceful purposes it should be OK.

I think the display of the Confederate Flags should be permitted Maybe the Bars and Stars should be discouraged in favor of the Original Confederate Flag.

1200px-Flag_of_the_Confederate_States_of_America_(1861–1863).svg.png

Diversity isn't for just one group, but ought to include everyone.

Trying to snuff out the past in order to heal its wounds won't solve anything.

Holliday Unchained

Banned
Banned
166462423_10218842422986752_8423783210685581317_n.jpg

...given that BLM/ANTIFA has Free Reign to honour its heroes, build monuments & is offered protection to march and demonstrate, the same courtesy should also be extended to Confederates as well. While some historical monuments honouring controversial historical figures such as Roger B. Taney ought to be removed, perhaps others such as those of Robert E. Lee be allowed to remain & be protected as well.

Perhaps there should be limitations on the use of flags, such as inciting riots, but for historical an dpeaceful purposes it should be OK.

I think the display of the Confederate Flags should be permitted Maybe the Bars and Stars should be discouraged in favor of the Original Confederate Flag.

1200px-Flag_of_the_Confederate_States_of_America_(1861–1863).svg.png

Diversity isn't for just one group, but ought to include everyone.

Trying to snuff out the past in order to heal its wounds won't solve anything.
Nice. Maybe they could put a hammer and sickle inside the starry wreath
and MAGA across the top red bar, and
. I don't know - Ooooh I know, maybe something like Deport All Liberals across the bottom bar.
You know - give it a modern touch.

Last edited:

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
. I don't know - Ooooh I know, maybe something like Deport All Liberals across the bottom bar.

...and yet today, I saw an article in the liberal New York Times today honoring the memory of the Emporor who built the Taj Mahal.

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

They tell us what a wonderful piece of art it is now that the Metropolitan Museum owns it.

Thing is, what the NYT fails to mention, is that this architectural wonder, the Taj Mahal, was built on the backs of slave labor.
Lots of slaves.

The Mughals were notorious slavers and oppressors who murdered millions of Hindus.

This background info isn't provided in that article.

But anytime a BLM protestor sees a statue of Robert E. Lee, it somehow reminds them of oppression, bondage and rape.

Seems it's OK if all this historical oppression is OK if it happened in somebody else's backyard, except their own.

Just like Obama loves to condemn the Confederacy, but freely traded with Saudi Arabia, where slavery - or Black Africans - and from Kenya, his ancestral homeland - is still going strong.

Anyways at least those Confederate monuments were built with paid labor, since they appeared after slavery in the USA was officially abolished.

Lokmar

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I should buy a gun for Confederate Month!!!

Do it!

We stocked up down here lol.

People ask, "why do people have so many guns, cant shoot 'em all". Well they might be for family and friends who decided not to stock up when the shit hits the fan.
I think the same way. I have to pick which ones I take when we go down to the farm. No way to shoot em all in 1 day, plus the cleanup is a bitch!

Holliday Unchained

Banned
Banned

...and yet today, I saw an article in the liberal New York Times today honoring the memory of the Emporor who built the Taj Mahal.

They tell us what a wonderful piece of art it is now that the Metropolitan Museum owns it.

Thing is, what the NYT fails to mention, is that this architectural wonder, the Taj Mahal, was built on the backs of slave labor.
Lots of slaves.

The Mughals were notorious slavers and oppressors who murdered millions of Hindus.

But anytime a BLM protestor sees a statue of Robert E. Lee, it somehow reminds them of oppression, bondage and rape.

Seems it's OK if all this historical oppression is OK if it happened in somebody else's backyard, except their own.

Just like Obama loves to condemn the Confederacy, but freely traded with Saudi Arabia, where slavery - or Black Africans - and from Kenya, his ancestral homeland - is still going strong.

Anyways at least those Confederate monuments were built with paid labor, since they appeared after slavery in the USA was officially abolished.
Well, Joe - maybe you should call BLM HQ and tell them how they need to run things.
I mean it really is remarkable they aren't thinking international
and are solely focused on the small potatoes limited vision of a national movement.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

Lots of slaves.

Well, Joe - maybe you should call BLM HQ and tell them how they need to run things.
and are solely focused on the small potatoes limited vision of a national movement.

Well, even from a National Perspective, the BLM/ANTIFA group hold a double standard.

They want to tear down Confederate monuments while failng to acknowledge the crimes of those who fought to defeat the Confederacy.

Most notable of these was the Union General William T. Sherman, who burned down Atlanta, perhaps killing innocent civilians.

I mean...how many Innocent civilians such as women, children & elderly did Sheman burn to death?

If a Confederate General should be judged by a strict modern moral standard, then so should Sherman. Today his actions would be considered war crimes, unacceptable in accordance with the Geneva convention.

By pointing out Sherman's crimes, this in no way exonerates his Southern counterparts. It's just that if one is guilty, then why not the other? Why go out of one's way to destroy Confederate monuments when the same isn't done to Sherman's? Lee's status get taken down, while Sherman's gold statues are allowed to remain standing.

General-William-Sherman-memorial_339162170.jpg

Even tho he may have been much less honourable and civil in battle than Lee. I believe that if the latter ordered his soldiers to kill others, it was soldiers not civilians or to destroy their property.

On top of having statues in his honor, Sherman had a tank named after him. Y'know, whenever we honor military men, there's always someone's blood they spilt, someone's son they killed. And regarldless of the side they support, the people who fund the building of those monuments, there's always blood on their hands too.

Tearing down Confederate cultures is more or less Cancel Culture, designing history as they see fit, not portraying what actually happened. BLM activists are all too quick to point out the atrocities of the Confederacy, but turn a blind eye to their own heroes. If they're gonna go after the Confederacy and hunt it down, maybe they should look inwards and tear down some of their own.

Last edited:

Holliday Unchained

Banned
Banned

Lots of slaves.

Well, even from a National Perspective, the BLM/ANTIFA group hold a double standard.

They want to tear down Confederate monuments while failng to acknowledge the crimes of those who fought to defeat the Confederacy.

Most notable of these was the Union General William T. Sherman, who burned down Atlanta, perhaps killing innocent civilians.

I mean...how many Innocent civilians such as women, children & elderly did Sheman burn to death?

If a Confederate General should be judged by a strict modern moral standard, then so should Sherman. Today his actions would be considered war crimes, unacceptable in accordance with the Geneva convention.

By pointing out Sherman's crimes, this in no way exonerates his Southern counterparts. It's just that if one is guilty, then why not the other? Why go out of one's way to destroy Confederate monuments when the same isn't done to Sherman's? Lee's status get taken down, while Sherman's gold statues are allowed to remain standing.

Even tho he may have been much less honourable and civil in battle than Lee. I believe that if the latter ordered his soldiers to kill others, it was soldiers not civilians or to destroy their property.

On top of having statues in his honor, Sherman had a tank named after him. Y'know, whenever we honor military men, there's always someone's blood they spilt, someone's son they killed. And regarldless of the side they support, the people who fund the building of those monuments, there's always blood on their hands too.

Tearing down Confederate cultures is more or less Cancel Culture, designing history as they see fit, not portraying what actually happened. BLM activists are all too quick to point out the atrocities of the Confederacy, but turn a blind eye to their own heroes. If they're gonna go after the Confederacy and hunt it down, maybe they should look inwards and tear down some of their own.

Seriously, Joseph - I haven't seen you present anything new anywhere along the way. All of the horrors are well publicized and discussed. I think what would be brand new is if you acknowledged that you just don't care for black people and would find cause for criticism no matter what they did.
So I'll just say again - call BLM HQ and have a discussion with them.

Breakfall

Such is life...
Site Supporter

Lots of slaves.

Seriously, Joseph - I haven't seen you present anything new anywhere along the way. All of the horrors are well publicized and discussed. I think what would be brand new is if you acknowledged that you just don't care for black people and would find cause for criticism no matter what they did.

When the war comes: will you piss yourself and come right, or keep left and walk into a wall of open fire?

Lokmar

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

Lots of slaves.

How about you just acknowledge that you've been brainwashed with white guilt. Its painfully obvious after all.

Holliday Unchained

Banned
Banned

Lots of slaves.

How about you just acknowledge that you've been brainwashed with white guilt. Its painfully obvious after all.

Not in the least, loktard. Though I'm sure you make many white people ashamed to be white
I don't happen to be one of them. LoLz at lokturd.
I have no personal reason to feel guilty.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

Lots of slaves.

Maybe the problem is we're just not that polarized in Canada.
I don't think most people here would care if a guy was selling MAGA hats and Confederate memorabilia on a street corner.
Likewise, most people wouldn't care if some dude was selling BLM/ANTIFA stuff on the street corner either.

In fact, there is a guy in Downtown Vancouver who sells BLM stuff.
He just stands there all day long. So far there've been no incidents.
I remember some years ago someone was selling Confederate flags in the local flea market.
Never said anything.

However, I did get into an argument with someone who was selling Nazi regalia there.
He was even selling Stars of David from Concentration camps.
That was sick & that's when I got into an argument with him.
The Swastika - that's where I draw the line. Won't go there.
Since one of its founding principles was institutionalized racism

But I actually don't see the Confederate Flag in the same light.
Some young teen girl was walking around once with a Confederate Flag shirt that read 'Heritage not Hate'.
She was just expressing her identity and where she came from.
However, I guess in the States a lotta people see it much differently.

I'll just remember if I ever go vacationing in the States again, NOT to wear anything referencing BLM, Trump or the Confederacy cuz it gets a lotta folks with guns charged up down there.

It's become one of those taboo things in the States I guess.

SHAMPAIN

Vape Nation
Site Supporter ☠️
Slow Joe needs to learn the history of the swastika and why it's on buildings from India to Singapore... The swastika is the opposite of hate, it's about love of your own people, fuck everyone else, leave us alone in essence... Why won't they leave us alone Joe?

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Slow Joe needs to learn the history of the swastika and why it's on buildings from India to Singapore... The swastika is the opposite of hate, it's about love of your own people, fuck everyone else, leave us alone in essence... Why won't they leave us alone Joe?

I even find the Hammer and Sickle disturbing too.
In some respects, communism is worse than fascism was.

I never thought the Confederate flag in the same context.
I just saw it as an historical symbol just like the French Fleur de lis.
Both are essentially colonial flags of a bygone era and a world which no longer exists.

SHAMPAIN

Vape Nation
Site Supporter ☠️

I even find the Hammer and Sickle disturbing too.
In some respects, communism is worse than fascism was.

I never thought the Confederate flag in the same context.
I just saw it as an historical symbol just like the French Fleur de lis.
Both are essentially colonial flags of a bygone era and a world which no longer exists.

SHAMPAIN

Vape Nation
Site Supporter ☠️
"It's kinda neat that here it means wellness" Ask Hitler what it means and I guarantee he wouldn't say hate, if he was alive of course... They're going after the union jack these days, that's the new hate symbol, fuckin kikes!

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
"It's kinda neat that here it means wellness" Ask Hitler what it means and I guarantee he wouldn't say hate, if he was alive of course... They're going after the union jack these days, that's the new hate symbol, fuckin kikes!

That's what happens when you let extremists hijack the social agenda.
They imagine every bruise, hurt & cut associated with those symbols.
And then claim....they were there to experience them too!

British Empire....another whose glory days are long gone in a World which no longer exists.
But there are still reminders around Vancouver and Canada that they were once Numero Uno here
Victoria...Edward. Statues of deceased monarchs.

They haven't defaced those...at least yet.

Lokmar

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Not in the least, loktard. Though I'm sure you make many white people ashamed to be white
I don't happen to be one of them. LoLz at lokturd.
I have no personal reason to feel guilty.

Oh, I realize you airclaim a get out of white jail free SJW card but that just proves that you've bough into the entire white guilt narrative ITFP, faggit.

As far as any white person ashamed of me, they should die.

Lokmar

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

Lots of slaves.

I don't think most people here would care if a guy was selling MAGA hats and Confederate memorabilia on a street corner.
Likewise, most people wouldn't care if some dude was selling BLM/ANTIFA stuff on the street corner either.

I remember some years ago someone was selling Confederate flags in the local flea market.
Never said anything.

However, I did get into an argument with someone who was selling Nazi regalia there.

Some young teen girl was walking around once with a Confederate Flag shirt that read 'Heritage not Hate'.

I'll just remember if I ever go vacationing in the States again, NOT to wear anything referencing BLM, Trump or the Confederacy cuz it gets a lotta folks with guns charged up down there.

When I show up on your doorstep to collect all the gold you're storing up for me, I'll wear my shirt that says "Guns Dont Kill People, I Do"

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

Lots of slaves.

Never said anything.

When I show up on your doorstep to collect all the gold you're storing up for me, I'll wear my shirt that says "Guns Dont Kill People, I Do"

USA much too violent now, Lokmeer.

Think I"ll stay at home.

Lokmar

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

British Empire....another whose glory days are long gone in a World which no longer exists.
But there are still reminders around Vancouver and Canada that they were once Numero Uno here

josephine, you do realize Canduhduh is still the bitch of Britannia, right?

SHAMPAIN

Vape Nation
Site Supporter ☠️

That doesn't make sense...