Blurt's Great American Post-Labour-Day Road Trip

Blurt

Bastard of the Century
Site Supporter ☠️
Yep, hitting the road on Monday next.

I've never seen the wonders of the American West with my own eyes even though I live within sight of Port Angeles, Washington. Oh, I've been to the U.S. often enough but my adventures have always taken place in the Great Northeast (NYC remains my fave destination there and I claim the great good fortune of having had the chance--not once, but twice--to tour the 107th floor observation deck of the late WTC South Tower). Now, it's time to see the Great West Coast.

We'll be taking the scenic routes down from Seattle to Los Angeles, followed by a side trip to Sin City before heading back up home.

This two-week vacation has long been in the works. Even so, we've chose not to overplan it. We aim to let our spirits list where the winds blows.

Wish me well, eh!

Flynn

Lion Heart Diva

I've never seen the wonders of the American West with my own eyes even though I live within sight of Port Angeles, Washington. Oh, I've been to the U.S. often enough but my adventures have always taken place in the Great Northeast (NYC remains my fave destination there and I claim the great good fortune of having had the chance--not once, but twice--to tour the 107th floor observation deck of the late WTC South Tower). Now, it's time to see the Great West Coast.

We'll be taking the scenic routes down from Seattle to Los Angeles, followed by a side trip to Sin City before heading back up home.

This two-week vacation has long been in the works. Even so, we've chose not to overplan it. We aim to let our spirits list where the winds blows.

Wish me well, eh!

Have a great time, Blurt!

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

Wish me well, eh!

Sounds like a wonderful trip. Have a great time!

Hit us up if you want any recommendations off the beaten path.

cw_

> you
Site Supporter ☠️
Will you be on Pacific Coast Highway/ US Highway 101?

Enjoy. :D

OP
OP
Blurt

Blurt

Bastard of the Century
Site Supporter ☠️
Yes, we'll be going down the 101, but possibly only once we've left the Sea-Tac area. Could be we'll grab it straight from the ferry and do Seattle only on the return leg, not sure yet. We're not overplanning this thing because: Adventure.

Going in a camperized van, so looking at a mix of motels, hotels, and campgrounds. Nothing pre-booked. Again, because: Adventure.

At my age, it might be my last chance to sample the beauty of the United States before the coming Civil War.

X

xXx
Site Supporter
Walmarts are cool .... it's the only thing I liked when I weent

OP
OP
Blurt

Blurt

Bastard of the Century
Site Supporter ☠️
Yeah, no, no Walmart's. I've seen the vids on YouTube.

Ah, travel!

A cruise ship is pulling in as I type this.

I wonder if Bigly's on it.

Murdy

Queenie Weenie
Site Supporter ☠️
Have a wonderful trip and let me be the first to :Welcome:
you to sunny Southern California!

One of my favorite playgrounds here on the westside:

I HIGHly suggest an afternoon @ Paradise Cove in Malibu, CA

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

It will also provide you some wonderful California historic surf culture vibes.

The Beach Boys did an album cover shoot here ~

Safe travels!!! xoxo

X

xXx
Site Supporter
Yeah, no, no Walmart's. I've seen the vids on YouTube.

Ah, travel!

A cruise ship is pulling in as I type this.

I wonder if Bigly's on it.
not if there's a height requirement

OP
OP
Blurt

Blurt

Bastard of the Century
Site Supporter ☠️
Thanks, Murdie. :ThumbsUp1:

There are quite a few places I want to see in Cali.

That State has been a part of my cultural landscape since I was but a wee Blurt.

Seamajor

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
If you are able. Visit Healdsburg and have a glass of wine or many. :RightOn:

OP
OP
Blurt

Blurt

Bastard of the Century
Site Supporter ☠️
Spent the afternoon at the Pike Place Public Market in Seattle. Great spot for people-watching. Throngs of colourful folks, both local and tourist.

Had an Americano at the original Starbucks coffee shop. Thrill of a lifetime. He he.

We drove around town for a spell, getting the lay of the land. Tried to do the Needle but the crowds were stupid. Might try again tomorrow after we check out the Museum of Flight.

Rounded out the evening with a scrumptious serving of fish ‘n’ chips and a quenching pint of home-brewed Pilsner at The Old Stove Brewing Co. downtown.

Calling it a night.

OP
OP
Blurt

Blurt

Bastard of the Century
Site Supporter ☠️
Spent the afternoon at the Pike Place Public Market in Seattle. Great spot for people-watching.

Had an Americano at the original Starbucks coffee shop. Thrill of a lifetime.

Drove around town for a spell, getting the lay of the land. Tried to do the Needle but the crowds were stupid. Might try again tomorrow after we check out the Flight Museum around the Boeing works.

Rounded out the evening with a scrumptious serving of fish ‘n’ chips at The Old Stove Brewing Co.

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
Have a wonderful trip and let me be the first to :Welcome:
you to sunny Southern California!

One of my favorite playgrounds here on the westside:

I HIGHly suggest an afternoon @ Paradise Cove in Malibu, CA

It will also provide you some wonderful California historic surf culture vibes.

The Beach Boys did an album cover shoot here ~

Safe travels!!! xoxo

Oh man, that is awesome how they put you into your own little Pig Pen.

That is a recommendation I would expect from a DFT.

L47-1

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
@Lily Nobody was flamed and there was no fighting.

If you think being called a "Queer!" is a flame, that is a YOU PROBLEM. I celebrate diversity.

OP
OP
Blurt

Blurt

Bastard of the Century
Site Supporter ☠️
We just left Cloverdale, CA. We’ll be in San Francisco around 4 pm.

This trip has been amazing so far. The Oregon coast blew my mind.

IMG-0650.jpg

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
We just left Cloverdale, CA. We’ll be in San Francisco around 4 pm.

This trip has been amazing so far. The Oregon coast blew my mind.

IMG-0650.jpg

I was just wondering how your trip was going earlier today. It's stunning in Oregon isn't it?

San Francisco already...have a great time! For casual dining in SF, there's Rosamunde in the Mission District, yummy sausage sandwiches with great beer. For a fabulous burrito, there's La Taqueria in the Mission District as well.

Enjoy!