Blurt's Great American Post-Labour-Day Road Trip

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
Who flipping cares? What is wrong with you? Actually, he talked about how beautiful the Oregon coast is. He didn't actually say that was a shot from his or his friends' car, did he, Inspector Gadget?

I mean, if I am having a good time doing touristy type stuff, why would I wash my car?

cw_

> you
Site Supporter ☠️
also, rain washes cars, that's teh rumour
nature provides ;D

cw_

> you
Site Supporter ☠️
ppl should post on the 'upper boards' seems like it added to the discussion to me
no need to worry about ppl starting trouble on any post they make :twocents:

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
ppl should post on the 'upper boards' seems like it added to the discussion to me
no need to worry about ppl starting trouble on any post they make :twocents:

A car wash snark added to the discussion on a trip of he West Coast?

Sure thing, Canadian.

cw_

> you
Site Supporter ☠️
so judgemental
one or two random posts are not illegal dammit!

cw_

> you
Site Supporter ☠️
posts are the point here, pls don't shit on every one of them
pretty pls

cw_

> you
Site Supporter ☠️
fine. we will all stand in the fucking corner and be sorry we ever existed before having your permission to post ;(

OP
OP
Blurt

Blurt

Bastard of the Century
Site Supporter ☠️
For better or for worse, I'm back. We rolled in last night.

It was a ten-day whirlwind road trip. We mostly followed highways 1 and 101 (PCH) down the coast with stops in Seattle, San Francisco, and Los Angeles. Then we headed northeast to Las Vegas and Zion National Park in Utah before going north and westward again on the I-5 and I-90 through Boise, Idaho, back up to Seattle and finally home.

It was an awesome trip. Highlights: Pike Place Market, the crazy streets of San Francisco (we're riding in a Mustang Bullitt, so that made sense), Big Sur, the Redwoods, Laurel Canyon (we're both fans of Bosch so we had to check out the view from Bosch's house, natch!), Mulholland Drive, Beverly Hills, Neonopolis and The Vegas Strip, Zion Park canyons, and southern Idado and eastern Oregon cowboy country. People in Utah were friendly to a fault but entirely too religious for my taste.

The car got washed at least once a day, especially after going through bug country.

I'll post pix eventually.

cw_

> you
Site Supporter ☠️
Cool beans! I'm glad you had a blast. I've been to all those places (lived in some) except no Utah or Idaho.
Look forward to seeing your pics. Welcome home. :D

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
For better or for worse, I'm back. We rolled in last night.

It was a ten-day whirlwind road trip. We mostly followed highways 1 and 101 (PCH) down the coast with stops in Seattle, San Francisco, and Los Angeles. Then we headed northeast to Las Vegas and Zion National Park in Utah before going north and westward again on the I-5 and I-90 through Boise, Idaho, back up to Seattle and finally home.

It was an awesome trip. Highlights: Pike Place Market, the crazy streets of San Francisco (we're riding in a Mustang Bullitt, so that made sense), Big Sur, the Redwoods, Laurel Canyon (we're both fans of Bosch so we had to check out the view from Bosch's house, natch!), Mulholland Drive, Beverly Hills, Neonopolis and The Vegas Strip, Zion Park canyons, and southern Idado and eastern Oregon cowboy country. People in Utah were friendly to a fault but entirely too religious for my taste.

The car got washed at least once a day, especially after going through bug country.

I'll post pix eventually.

You most certainly did cover a lot of territory in 10 days. Sounds like you had lots of fun. I look forward to seeing your pics as well.

OP
OP
Blurt

Blurt

Bastard of the Century
Site Supporter ☠️
That is the weirdest thing I have ever heard.

Really? Here on BF, someone washing a car daily while on a road trip is the weirdest thing you've ever heard? You haven't been paying attention to the boards, I'd say.

We covered over 3,600 miles in ten days.In a Mustang Bullitt. The owner was game to accept any reasonable offer made on the vehicle while we were down there so he kept it clean. (He keeps getting offers on it up here but is holding out for a collector's offer.)

If we'd made the trip in a Rover or in an F-150, the story might be different, I reckon.

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
The owner was game to accept any reasonable offer made on the vehicle while we were down there so he kept it clean. (He keeps getting offers on it up here but is holding out for a collector's offer.)

Okay, so he really cares for his car.

And anyone like that would never use a Drive-Thru style Car Wash.

He would wash it by hand.

So every day he found a place that he could use to wash his car by hand? And how long did that typically take out of the day while on vacation?

Definitely the weirdest thing I have ever heard.

OP
OP
Blurt

Blurt

Bastard of the Century
Site Supporter ☠️
Okay, so he really cares for his car.

And anyone like that would never use a Drive-Thru style Car Wash.

He would wash it by hand.

So every day he found a place that he could use to wash his car by hand? And how long did that typically take out of the day while on vacation?

Definitely the weirdest thing I have ever heard.

It took about three and a half hours each day to wash the car, which left us just enough time to indulge in local sightseeing. Whenever we were ready to move on down the road, we had the car airlifted to our next destination via a CH-47 Chinook.

How do you travel when on a road trip?

OP
OP
Blurt

Blurt

Bastard of the Century
Site Supporter ☠️
IMG-0489.jpg

IMG-0492.jpg

IMG-0515.jpg

IMG-0530.jpg

IMG-0532.jpg