Culture Wars

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
It is all the right has left because there is a decent economy they are currently running against.

Unemployment is down.
Inflation is coming down.
Wages are up.

Are there still things that need to get addressed? Absolutely, but your party is part of the solution, not at the moment.

What do you have to offer the American people besides "grievance"?

Not a damn thing. You'll bray about all the nonsensical and unimportant issues that your pundits, tv entertainers and idiotic politicians prime you up for...all the while you've lost the American people.

As bad as you believe the Democrats are, and there are huge problems, they're not insane like your party.

Admin.

The Hand Of Fate.
Site Supporter ☠️
52jnr6.jpg
Define woke, in your own words

OP
OP
Lily

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Guys, how about fewer memes and more words. You know, a discussion.

eta: I'm attempting to prevent the thread from quickly becoming a tit for tat of memes. There is a political meme thread here in Politics already.

Last edited:

Reggie_Essent

An Claidheam Anam
Really? You start a thread about Culture Wars and move my posts for engaging in the current (Leftist) Cultural fad of posting memes?

Enjoy your politics sub forum where you all agree with one another.

OP
OP
Lily

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Really? You start a thread about Culture Wars and move my posts for engaging in the current (Leftist) Cultural fad of posting memes?

Enjoy your politics sub forum where you all agree with one another.

You can disagree with your own words. I already asked everyone to discuss.

Runaway if you can't use your own words without spamming the thread or sub.

Blurt

Bastard of the Century
Site Supporter ☠️
I find the current crop of culture wars fascinating. People are grasping in desperation at the vestiges of a bygone era where class conformity came in only one colour and only one flavour. “Boy, the way Glenn Miller played…”

A salient feature of any proto-Fascist dictatorship is an appeal by populist demagogues (demi-gods?) to an idealized (but entirely fictional) past in which members of the once-dominant culture can recognize themselves and take comfort in that recognition.

Culture wars, as we experience them today, are a politically weaponized version of debates that used to occur in Sociology and Social Psychology departments in the genteel yet rational world(s) of Academia.

Oh! How I miss those days!

Murdy

Queenie Weenie
Site Supporter ☠️
Define woke, in your own words

I’ll take a shot…

An ideology misconstrued by the far right Christian extremists…

“stay woke” was resurrected post Floyd and the Karen epidemic. As in ~ Stay woke! Make all these racist cops and doctors wear body cams till they can act right.

Back in the 80s post Rebublitardz war on drugs and the infiltration of police brutality in the black communities where all their spoiled white children went to buy drugs… it was Fight the Power!

But the stay woke movement dates back to folk singer-songwriter Huddie Ledbetter, a.k.a. Lead Belly, used the phrase "stay woke" as part of a spoken afterword to a 1938 recording of his song "Scottsboro Boys", which tells the story of nine black teenagers and young men falsely accused of raping two white women in Alabama in 1931.