DMV Experiences

Sharona

white wine divorcee
The entire DMV is a terrible experience for me.
There are 25+ "windows", but no more than 6 are staffed at any given time. It's a government job, which means it's hard to get fired so the staff is not interested in working very hard. However, that's not really my problem. These quizzes they ask like how far between breaking at a hydrant, UUUGHH. Who knows this stuff??! and then every time I go back there it's a DIFFERENT test with new questions@! In 2016 I hit a car while parallel parking in Chicago winter during my drivers test. She made me get out of the car and look and see if there was damage to the other car (there wasn't)... but she screamed and told me "you know you didn't pass right?" I think I got like 24 points off that test. I failed 4 times now so I think this past Monday is my last time trying for awhile.

TheHaze

If my dog doesn't like you, I probably won'teither
Site Supporter
You need to go to driving school and thank God you don't drive around here!
PS- A list of the questions are on the internet and if you show me your tits I will teach you to drive and maybe let you blow me- - - - - - -

OP
OP
Sharona

Sharona

white wine divorcee
I was told to go to another DMV 46 miles away.
Might be for the best, but that's all day on a bus.

TheHaze

If my dog doesn't like you, I probably won'teither
Site Supporter
How are you going to take a driving test with no car?

Kitty Zhang

Factory Bastard
I think the dmv offices are confusing.
I went into a location and there was a lady screaming for the police and i walked back out.

Master Pu

I'll Funk You Up!
DMV in Covid era is the best experience ever. All appt. based. In and out in 1 hour.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
It is especially bad now with covid. Much worse than usual. We had an appointment, it didn't get called until 1.5 hours after the appointment, there were still long lines, there were lines to get in and get your temp/ID/Paperwork checked, then there were lines once you got inside. One star out of five review.

It was just a shit show in California.

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
LMAO. Fail your driving test 4 times and blame the government workers! You people learn good from your masters!

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
LMAO. Fail your driving test 4 times and blame the government workers! You people learn good from your masters!

I passed my driver's test the first time on the day after my 16th birthday. The tester told me I did perfect but he was taking off a single point because he didn't want it to go to my head. My most recent visit was so my wife could get her California driver's license (she is from Panama), she passed just fine, but it is that visit which I spoke about.

So please learn what you are talking about before you mouth off like that. The compete disinterest in helping customers she spoke about is real, very real, and is indeed indeed to most government organizations. She is right to complain about that even if she didn't pass. I will say if she failed four times then she needs to study and practice more.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I was told to go to another DMV 46 miles away.
Might be for the best, but that's all day on a bus.

Why would you take a bus? If you are taking a driveline test you will need a car when you arrive. Or are you saying you no longer have a permit and have to retake the written test?

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Just drive unlicensed , everyone does it.

I am going to guess you have a criminal record and problems with the law? Do you also whine how on fair they are when they catch you breaking the law? With luck maybe we will see you methed out on Patty Mayo's Bounty Hunter show for breaking the requirements of your bail bond.