Elon Musk - Reformer or Destroyer of Twitter?

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
☠️Private Forum Access
They deny that it is demonstrable or verifiable. Then they get loony and attack our country.

I don't know what we need to do to bring the country back to a shared reality.
I think the only way to bring it back is for the powers that be to actually enact legislation that benefits all Americans, not just Wall Street, Big Pharma, and the other giant campaign contributors. Until we put an end to that shit, and the fact that millions of people work their lives away and still can't get ahead, there will be no middle ground on which to stand and on which to end all of the hysteria regarding immigration, race, culture, religion, etc.

The New Holliday

Now With 25% More Infinity
Site Supporter
Factory Bastard
I think the only way to bring it back is for the powers that be to actually enact legislation that benefits all Americans, not just Wall Street, Big Pharma, and the other giant campaign contributors. Until we put an end to that shit, and the fact that millions of people work their lives away and still can't get ahead, there will be no middle ground on which to stand and on which to end all of the hysteria regarding immigration, race, culture, religion, etc.
I would suggest that reversing population growth (through education) is the best way to limit disparities in power.
/Perhaps a plague, failing success in education, as was responsible for a shift in the 14th century Europe toward greater value of individuals.
.Pushback against mass immigration is not a hysteria without actual cause, Lotus. People in surplus and with inherent divisions like language/culture/religion, make them no more than a commodity to be used and traded. That is precisely the situation that has been created to the advantage of the Lords.

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
☠️Private Forum Access
I would suggest that reversing population growth (through education) is the best way to limit disparities in power.
/Perhaps a plague, failing success in education, as was responsible for a shift in the 14th century Europe toward greater value of individuals.
.Pushback against mass immigration is not a hysteria without actual cause, Lotus. People in surplus and with inherent divisions like language/culture/religion, make them no more than a commodity to be used and traded. That is precisely the situation that has been created to the advantage of the Lords.
Of course the world is overpopulated. Currently, population growth is on the downturn, which is good. But these problems with pandering to the corporate overseers cannot be ignored, no matter what happens with the population.

I'm sorry, but the history of humanity on the face of the Earth is about migration. Yes, it needs to be regulated, but people getting hysterical over economic refugees -- who are created by the corporate powers to begin with -- serves no purpose at all.

The New Holliday

Site Supporter
Factory Bastard
Of course the world is overpopulated. Currently, population growth is on the downturn, which is good. But these problems with pandering to the corporate overseers cannot be ignored, no matter what happens with the population.
Growth rate may be slowing but actual pop is still increasing bigly.
Power in this age (like others) comes from money and/or numbers. You can reduce numbers, as I said through education (splain folks why they really don't need to make another baby), or you can burn down the corporations and professionals in gubmint - and by that I mean literally, because so long as people are intellectually challenged, divided by language/culture, religion, and perceptions about race in the genetic sense, overwhelming numbers won't matter (are actually a liability), and attempts to educate will continue to fail. Most have enough materially, and they have entertainments (bread and circuses) so aren't highly motivated.
...or you can leave the world...as it is, maintain your own values and integrity, and know that human evolution will proceed as it should. Tomorrow's another day, miss.

Admin.

When you're a Alpha, you're an Alpha all the way!
Site Supporter
☠️Private Forum Access
5856d41e4db0d9f7930a146961698792517828d4.jpeg

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
☠️Private Forum Access
Growth rate may be slowing but actual pop is still increasing bigly.
Power in this age (like others) comes from money and/or numbers. You can reduce numbers, as I said through education (splain folks why they really don't need to make another baby), or you can burn down the corporations and professionals in gubmint - and by that I mean literally, because so long as people are intellectually challenged, divided by language/culture, religion, and perceptions about race in the genetic sense, overwhelming numbers won't matter (are actually a liability), and attempts to educate will continue to fail. Most have enough materially, and they have entertainments (bread and circuses) so aren't highly motivated.
...or you can leave the world...as it is, maintain your own values and integrity, and know that human evolution will proceed as it should. Tomorrow's another day, miss.
You don't have to burn them down. Governments need to put limits on them. You know. Remember the concept of a monopoly being against the law? And outlaw all corporate donations to candidates. ALL of them.

You can't only focus on population. The nature of the power hungry isn't going to change because of a decreased population.

The New Holliday

Site Supporter
Factory Bastard
Governments need to put limits on them. You know. Remember the concept of a monopoly being against the law? And outlaw all corporate donations to candidates. ALL of them.
LoLz - You think they will suddenly have pangs of conscience? Government and "them" are two heads of the same beast. They aren't going to limit themselves because it's the right thing to do by the little people, you know.
. I was only outlining the dynamic equations so you might understand why I chose the last option.
What I believe in, know, is that thought has power (and I mean far more than rocks, or votes, or laws), and when you are lost in reaction then thinking stops.

Admin.

When you're a Alpha, you're an Alpha all the way!
Site Supporter
☠️Private Forum Access
I think I'm so sophisticated 'cause I'm living my life
Like a good homo sapiens
But all around me everybody's multiplying and
They're walking round like flies man
So I'm no better than the animals sitting
In the cages in the zoo man
'Cause compared to the flowers and the birds and the trees
I am an apeman

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
☠️Private Forum Access
LoLz - You think they will suddenly have pangs of conscience? Government and "them" are two heads of the same beast. They aren't going to limit themselves because it's the right thing to do by the little people, you know.
. I was only outlining the dynamic equations so you might understand why I chose the last option.
What I believe in, know, is that thought has power (and I mean far more than rocks, or votes, or laws), and when you are lost in reaction then thinking stops.
Of course they won't. The people have to rise up and demand it. The US needs to watch what other people around the world do. They protest, they strike, etc. They don't just sit back and watch while their government takes their rights away right in front of their eyes like Americans do.

The New Holliday

Site Supporter
Factory Bastard
Of course they won't. The people have to rise up and demand it. The US needs to watch what other people around the world do. They protest, they strike, etc. They don't just sit back and watch while their government takes their rights away right in front of their eyes like Americans do.
...but "the people" won't demand it for the reason I had previously stated - Because we are not a people unified by culture/language religion, political ideology etc.
The USA is not Portugal where 95 percent of the people (or near to) are Portuguese and Catholic and aligned in very significant ways in their identity. The US has been carefully divided. "The People" are suspicious of one another. Shit, the people don't even say hello to one another when they pass on the street never mind get together and agree on what to demand of government.
..and of course population matters - numbers and demographics. Supply and demand is operative in the work force marketplace as it is with any product and service. World pop - 2.5 Billion in 1950...8+ billion at present and projected to pass 10 billion by 2050. That's a 4 fold increase in 100 years...on a planet that isn't growing...it's finite in its size and resources and this imbalance is reflected in degradation of air, land, and water - all directly related to out-of-control population growth, luv....and social discord here and in Europe having so much to do with migrations of people. Shocking also to know that women in Asia and Africa (and south of our border here) are not aware of, or do not have access to birth control, and/or are made to believe it's their function to produce more babies...more babies.
. More people and divided gives power to the lords. Fewer people unified gives leverage to the people.
. Prognosis Negative.

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
☠️Private Forum Access
...but "the people" won't demand it for the reason I had previously stated - Because we are not a people unified by culture/language religion, political ideology etc.
The USA is not Portugal where 95 percent of the people (or near to) are Portuguese and Catholic and aligned in very significant ways in their identity. The US has been carefully divided. "The People" are suspicious of one another. Shit, the people don't even say hello to one another when they pass on the street never mind get together and agree on what to demand of government.
..and of course population matters - numbers and demographics. Supply and demand is operative in the work force marketplace as it is with any product and service. World pop - 2.5 Billion in 1950...8+ billion at present and projected to pass 10 billion by 2050. That's a 4 fold increase in 100 years...on a planet that isn't growing...it's finite in its size and resources and this imbalance is reflected in degradation of air, land, and water - all directly related to out-of-control population growth, luv....and social discord here and in Europe having so much to do with migrations of people. Shocking also to know that women in Asia and Africa (and south of our border here) are not aware of, or do not have access to birth control, and/or are made to believe it's their function to produce more babies...more babies.
. More people and divided gives power to the lords. Fewer people unified gives leverage to the people.
. Prognosis Negative.
OK. So let's kill people off. That'll solve the problem quicker than waiting for the population to thin out.

The New Holliday

Site Supporter
Factory Bastard
OK. So let's kill people off. That'll solve the problem quicker than waiting for the population to thin out.
Yes it would, but as in the past one need only wait for nature to take it's course.
. In the mean time, while you wait, you might take up fly fishing trout. It's a big thing in Europe, and then you can contribute to my world famous fishing thread.

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
☠️Private Forum Access
Yes it would, but as in the past one need only wait for nature to take it's course.
. In the mean time, while you wait, you might take up fly fishing trout. It's a big thing in Europe, and then you can contribute to my world famous fishing thread.
I don't really enjoy watching creatures die, so, no thanks.

The New Holliday

Site Supporter
Factory Bastard
I don't really enjoy watching creatures die, so, no thanks.
Then you really should get on board with population control and rollback.

PS: Fishing in no way implies watching creatures die. In fact it is fact that fisherman contribute mightily to the preservation and maintenance of the fisheries and surrounding wild lands.

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
☠️Private Forum Access
Then you really should get on board with population control and rollback.

PS: Fishing in no way implies watching creatures die. In fact it is fact that fisherman contribute mightily to the preservation and maintenance of the fisheries and surrounding wild lands.
Where did I say I am against population control? Post a link, please.

Actually, in the posts to you about this, I said SEVERAL times that I agree the population needs to be reduced. Holy fuck.

The New Holliday

Site Supporter
Factory Bastard

Actually, in the posts to you about this, I said SEVERAL times that I agree the population needs to be reduced. Holy fuck.
No need to talk nasty, Lotus. Where did I say you were against it?
. I think fly fishing would be a very good hobby for you. It would keep your mind focused on the wonders of nature and off wild and unfounded conspiracy theory. You can use single barbless hooks so release of your unharmed catch is easy.

Last edited:

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
Factory Bastard

TNH has reading comprehension difficulties.

Coupled with your issues, I know I can just sit back, watch, and wait for the confusion to set in....

The New Holliday

Site Supporter
Factory Bastard
LoLz, people.
. Sure, people have always migrated when they had good reason. They always modified environment in some measure. They always made waste etc etc...
. But in the past when they did, impact was smaller for what should be obvious reasons, and never did it cause a mass extinction event as it is today.
. I have said that you can not simply say that corporations need to be brought under control, because they won't be for stated reasons. The environment, socially and politically, doesn't exist to make it possible and yes overpopulation and movement of people is a large part of why. You will never moralize greedy mutherfuckers into compliance. We need to take a lesson from the rest of the world? where? the ME, SE Asia, eastern Europe, SA, CA? In the US, unlike Portugal which has a homogenous society, we can look around as see the problems cause "diversity" and rapid population growth. 10 BCE - a band of people could migrate and never see another human. That people always migrated is a stupid argument. One might as easily argue that people always created waste piles so polluting therefore is just fine and natural.
.Wake the fuck up, people.

world-population-over-the-last-12000-years-v0-ecmd8n7mrb0a1.jpg

The New Holliday

Site Supporter
Factory Bastard
Portugal does not have a homogenous society.
Otay: (not talking about tall people/short people here)

• Ethnicity
    Portugal is considered one of the most ethnically homogeneous countries in the world, with 95% of the population identifying as ethnic Portuguese. The largest minority group is made up of Africans from former Portuguese colonies. Other ethnic groups that have immigrated to Portugal include Russians, Bulgarians, Romanians, Moldavians, and Brazilians.
  • Religion
    The majority of the population, around 84%, identify as Roman Catholic. Other religious groups include Protestants, Muslims, Hindus, Jews, and Buddhists.
Yes, ethnic Portuguese people are considered white. In fact, Portuguese people and their descendants were the majority of the white population in colonial Brazil.

The most common Y-chromosome haplogroup in the Iberian peninsula and western Europe is R1b. The Atlantic Modal Haplotype (AMH) is a well-characterized haplotype within the R1b haplogroup. In Portugal, the AMH is most prevalent in the north, where it accounts for 87% of the population, and in some regions, 96%.

The racial demographics of Montana include:

• White: In 2022, 85.3% of Montana's population was white.

Last edited:

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
☠️Private Forum Access
Otay: (not talking about tall people/short people here)

• Ethnicity
    Portugal is considered one of the most ethnically homogeneous countries in the world, with 95% of the population identifying as ethnic Portuguese. The largest minority group is made up of Africans from former Portuguese colonies. Other ethnic groups that have immigrated to Portugal include Russians, Bulgarians, Romanians, Moldavians, and Brazilians.
  • Religion
    The majority of the population, around 84%, identify as Roman Catholic. Other religious groups include Protestants, Muslims, Hindus, Jews, and Buddhists.
Yes, ethnic Portuguese people are considered white. In fact, Portuguese people and their descendants were the majority of the white population in colonial Brazil.

The most common Y-chromosome haplogroup in the Iberian peninsula and western Europe is R1b. The Atlantic Modal Haplotype (AMH) is a well-characterized haplotype within the R1b haplogroup. In Portugal, the AMH is most prevalent in the north, where it accounts for 87% of the population, and in some regions, 96%.

The racial demographics of Montana include:

• White: In 2022, 85.3% of Montana's population was white.
Oh, you're so horribly clever. I am going by what I see. I have lived in three different regions of Portugal, and in all three there are many blacks from African countries and Brazil, Indians from India, Asians, and other non-ethnically white people. There are also a lot of what used to be called Gypsies, and they are also not white. Many, many of those people have probably not been counted by the census takers. Also, 84% may identify as Roman Catholic, but they actually give no fucks about Catholicism.

Try visiting Portugal for awhile, and THEN mouth off about it.

The New Holliday

Site Supporter
Factory Bastard
Oh, you're so horribly clever. I am going by what I see. I have lived in three different regions of Portugal, and in all three there are many blacks from African countries and Brazil, Indians from India, Asians, and other non-ethnically white people. There are also a lot of what used to be called Gypsies, and they are also not white. Many, many of those people have probably not been counted by the census takers. Also, 84% may identify as Roman Catholic, but they actually give no fucks about Catholicism.

Try visiting Portugal for awhile, and THEN mouth off about it.
Pardons, Lotus - I used to live in Oakland CA - about 70% black, and yet me and 5 other people (kin and friends) were the only white people for blocks around. Certainly it wasn't only 70 %...

You know what - I'll take the word of the census. 95% white and 85%+ Catholic and other Christian. Fact.

Last edited: