Evening Krap with Krieg

Blazor

Put your glasses on!
Site Supporter
Finding myself, once again, sitting and sifting through threads to see if there is a response or activity on this forum.

Feeling a tad hypocritical that I admonish people for saying they are bored when they have the internet and here I sit, being mindlessly non-productive.
Imma test something here:

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

Who does that monument honor?

That is Genghis Khan.
*bows to the Warlord*

Tell me more about this Lee fella.. how big was his statue? XD

Hahaha, that statue looks HUGE!

Bigger than Lee for sure lol. But, they talking of chopping him up into 3 pieces, just to remove him, ugh, it aint right. Lee should stay. He was a noble honorable man, that wasnt racist.
All I know about Lee was that he lost a war his side started. End of. History doesn't remember the losers for very long.
Genghis Khan? Well you see the size of statue his people made for him.

I am trying to think of the words for Sumble. My Kindred has been asking for Sumble soon and rightly so. If Xtians can open/gather in their churches, we will be having a Sumble.

The thing about Lee, he was a Union man, a General, and did not want to secede, much like several of the other states in the South. It was when Lincoln ordered Lee to attack his own people, that Lee resigned, for his duty was to the State of Virginia more than the Government, as it was at the time, States being more powerful than government. He would not attack his own kin. Thus other states followed Lee, and seceded.

Interesting on Sumble....

Toasting is a peculiar custom in Western society. Nearly everyone who has a drink makes toasts, but few realize that they are taking part in an ancient custom with roots in the old pre-Christian religions of Northern and Western Europe: the Sumble.

The Sumble is an ancient communion rite that was historically practiced by Germanic and Celtic peoples. This rite is portrayed in the epic poem Beowulf and other sources of Germanic and Nordic folklore. Sumble is closely related to the English tradition of
, popular especially as part of the Yuletide.

The majority of those whom actively participate in Sumble today are religious Heathens, practitioners of the old Germanic and Celtic religions. They base their rite directly off of the 11th and 12th century Nordic customs as recorded in their respective texts. In its most basic elements it consists of a gathering into a drinking hall, or a circle, a blessing or consecration is recited over the drink, a libation, and a sharing of the sacrament by the participants from the same vessel.

The sacrament is usually ale or mead, and historically it was served with toast. This is where the term toast originates, as in drinking a toast. A series of rounds of toasting take place. In rites in which the Sumble is the central or sole focus there are typically a minimum of three rounds. In traditional Heathenry it is standard for the first round to be dedicated to gods, the second round is dedicated to heroes and the third round is dedicated to ancestors.

The leader of the ceremony typically makes the first toast to a patron deity, takes a drink from his drinking horn. Then, the next person in order makes his toast. This continues in order until all have had a chance to toast. Then that round is ended and the second round begins. After the third round the rite may come to an end or it may continue.

If the Sumble continues any number of themes may be proposed. Common themes are boasts in which the participants are allowed a chance to tell a tale of their own great successes. Oaths may be sworn, goals may be professed, and gifts may be exchanged. Open rounds may also be called in which anything of value may be offered to the community: stories, songs, poems, or prayers. This may continue to a specified number of rounds, until the sacrament is completely consumed or until the participants have nothing more to contribute.

OP
OP
Krieg

Krieg

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Finding myself, once again, sitting and sifting through threads to see if there is a response or activity on this forum.

Feeling a tad hypocritical that I admonish people for saying they are bored when they have the internet and here I sit, being mindlessly non-productive.

That is Genghis Khan.
*bows to the Warlord*

Bigger than Lee for sure lol. But, they talking of chopping him up into 3 pieces, just to remove him, ugh, it aint right. Lee should stay. He was a noble honorable man, that wasnt racist.
All I know about Lee was that he lost a war his side started. End of. History doesn't remember the losers for very long.

I am trying to think of the words for Sumble. My Kindred has been asking for Sumble soon and rightly so. If Xtians can open/gather in their churches, we will be having a Sumble.

The thing about Lee, he was a Union man, a General, and did not want to secede, much like several of the other states in the South. It was when Lincoln ordered Lee to attack his own people, that Lee resigned, for his duty was to the State of Virginia more than the Government, as it was at the time, States being more powerful than government. He would not attack his own kin. Thus other states followed Lee, and seceded.

Toasting is a peculiar custom in Western society. Nearly everyone who has a drink makes toasts, but few realize that they are taking part in an ancient custom with roots in the old pre-Christian religions of Northern and Western Europe: the Sumble.

The Sumble is an ancient communion rite that was historically practiced by Germanic and Celtic peoples. This rite is portrayed in the epic poem Beowulf and other sources of Germanic and Nordic folklore. Sumble is closely related to the English tradition of

The majority of those whom actively participate in Sumble today are religious Heathens, practitioners of the old Germanic and Celtic religions. They base their rite directly off of the 11th and 12th century Nordic customs as recorded in their respective texts. In its most basic elements it consists of a gathering into a drinking hall, or a circle, a blessing or consecration is recited over the drink, a libation, and a sharing of the sacrament by the participants from the same vessel.

The sacrament is usually ale or mead, and historically it was served with toast. This is where the term toast originates, as in drinking a toast. A series of rounds of toasting take place. In rites in which the Sumble is the central or sole focus there are typically a minimum of three rounds. In traditional Heathenry it is standard for the first round to be dedicated to gods, the second round is dedicated to heroes and the third round is dedicated to ancestors.

The leader of the ceremony typically makes the first toast to a patron deity, takes a drink from his drinking horn. Then, the next person in order makes his toast. This continues in order until all have had a chance to toast. Then that round is ended and the second round begins. After the third round the rite may come to an end or it may continue.

If the Sumble continues any number of themes may be proposed. Common themes are boasts in which the participants are allowed a chance to tell a tale of their own great successes. Oaths may be sworn, goals may be professed, and gifts may be exchanged. Open rounds may also be called in which anything of value may be offered to the community: stories, songs, poems, or prayers. This may continue to a specified number of rounds, until the sacrament is completely consumed or until the participants have nothing more to contribute.
Oooooh lookit.... dunno where you found that but it's pretty good description yes.

The details can vary, as there is no "formal script", like a bible/Khoran what have you.

Oaths are rarely made as everyone who is gathered would be responsible for you keeping that oath as it affects them as well.

Boasts are tricky, if you brag too much the Gods may very well say "Orly?" and test you. And it is said " if the deeds are great, others will speak of it" because no one likes a braggart.

What I can tell you is there is much drumming, throat singing, chanting and consumption of mead.

As for Lee, et al;

Yes, I know Lee had a long and detailed history and folks are desperate to not show him as a racist. Grand.

Compared to Genghis Khan though? I suspect Lee shall be a footnote in History. Like trying to name Generals from the Hellenic wars.
Bigger Statue!!!!!

Blazor

Put your glasses on!
Site Supporter

That is Genghis Khan.
*bows to the Warlord*

Oooooh lookit.... dunno where you found that but it's pretty good description yes.

The details can vary, as there is no "formal script", like a bible/Khoran what have you.

Oaths are rarely made as everyone who is gathered would be responsible for you keeping that oath as it affects them as well.

Boasts are tricky, if you brag too much the Gods may very well say "Orly?" and test you. And it is said " if the deeds are great, others will speak of it" because no one likes a braggart.

What I can tell you is there is much drumming, throat singing, chanting and consumption of mead.

As for Lee, et al;

Yes, I know Lee had a long and detailed history and folks are desperate to not show him as a racist. Grand.

Compared to Genghis Khan though? I suspect Lee shall be a footnote in History. Like trying to name Generals from the Hellenic wars.
Bigger Statue!!!!!

Yeah Sumble sounds pretty cool to me lol.

You are totally right on bragging, I normally dont do it, cause you do get tested as you say.

Yes, Lee statue should of been bigger lol. Those statues back then, were created with what lil funds people could pull together, in the starving South at the time.

OP
OP
Krieg

Krieg

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Should have been bigger. Ah well.

Sumble is mostly about building community "Frith" and helping each other with whatever needs helping.

It's "sacred" yes... but not churchy, with wailing and praying, and long sermons... bleh. And it's usually done outside by a Bonfire, so that offerings may be burned, and you can see where you're going in the dark :P. Want to pray? Do some work, be industrious.
"Go where the Heathens are, or build something worth going to"
"Find a way, or build one"

Want a favour from the powers that be? What are you offering in exchange? Nothing worth anything is obtained without sacrifice and effort.

hmmmm.. Blazor.. you have me ranting on...

Blazor

Put your glasses on!
Site Supporter
Well Im glad your ranting on lol, Im curious about this stuff, and you are being very informative of the Heathen way.

OP
OP
Krieg

Krieg

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Well Im glad your ranting on lol, Im curious about this stuff, and you are being very informative of the Heathen way.
Which I shouldn't be.
It is expected people do their own research, not listen to others. Heathen Litmus test.

Dageaux

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
What better way to research than to speak to an actual live practitioner? Even books are just things written down by men, they may survive the test of time but it's still just a guy talking shit.
Like Blazor I enjoy hearing of the practices of other cultures and religions and I like talking to people who have actually performed those ceremonies to get a feel for it.

OP
OP
Krieg

Krieg

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
What better way to research than to speak to an actual live practitioner? Even books are just things written down by men, they may survive the test of time but it's still just a guy talking shit.
Like Blazor I enjoy hearing of the practices of other cultures and religions and I like talking to people who have actually performed those ceremonies to get a feel for it.
There is no centralized, universal way to heathen. Each Kindred has their own rites and practices. There is an accepted behaviour that people expect when you visit or are a guest, but beyond that, as your Kindred wishes, more importantly, how you honour the Aesir, Vaenir, the Desir, the ancestors. etc.

There is no Sin in our eyes, no devil, no boogy man that "made" you do bad things. That's all on you. You are responsible for your actions no one else.

The closest comparable faiths to Heathenry is Indigenous faiths ( shamanism) or Buddhism.

IF i was to put it all in layman's terms;
It is the veneration of the interconnectivity pf all energy throughout the Universe, honouring those who are a force in the Universe (Gods, etc) and respecting the Universe and all that dwells within it.
Respect... not love.
Being responsible for your actions and accepting the results of those actions.
Wit, cunning, strength of spirit and body, frith(fellowship),industry ( being productive).. these are the things Heathens admire most.

I could go on and on about the complexities of such things as Gifting cycles, Bløts, honouring the seasons and their importance, etc etc.

But I am trying to refrain from proselytizing. I shall leave that sort of activity for the followers of the Hebrew Myths ( Christian/Muslims/Jews). Such activity is frowned upon in our circles. You could if you wanted to, but that's all on you.

OP
OP
Krieg

Krieg

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
So, my chinese war axe just fell, spike put a hole through my Blundstones and left a hole between my toes. I think the bleeding stopped.

Fun and games.

Jeannie

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

That is Genghis Khan.
*bows to the Warlord*

As for Lee, et al;

Bigger Statue!!!!!

Yeah Sumble sounds pretty cool to me lol.

You are totally right on bragging, I normally dont do it, cause you do get tested as you say.

Yes, Lee statue should of been bigger lol. Those statues back then, were created with what lil funds people could pull together, in the starving South at the time.
lol & smh