Evening Krap with Krieg

CorsetKat

Factory Feline
Site Supporter
It is a lot less than what I expected it to be. That is actually a pretty decent price for around here, on a house this old (1907) and that high off the ground (2.5 stories). Not Spanish style, flat roof tiles so the snow rolls off, etc etc. and a dark shade of red..lighter than Oxblood. And the work will be done by licensed professionals. I addition to laying down an anti-ice stripe around the edges and various other needed to be done things.

Living in huge hail country makes you value a sturdy roof(car). They just aren't built that way anymore. I'm used to hearing a replacement every few years. On that time scale 8k is not feasible.

OP
OP
Krieg

Krieg

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Whereas I do not have to consider hail that often. My concern is Ice buildup and flooding,

OP
OP
Krieg

Krieg

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Double post...

So, I just found out an associate of mine just got fukked over in life.

The guy served 20 years in the Military.. just retired. Bought himself a new camper to go touring the country. Was suffering from headaches and nausea recently. So he finally went to the doctor. Turns out he has terminal brain cancer.

Hows THAT for a kick in the crotch?

Dageaux

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Double post...

The guy served 20 years in the Military.. just retired. Bought himself a new camper to go touring the country. Was suffering from headaches and nausea recently. So he finally went to the doctor. Turns out he has terminal brain cancer.

That's life for you.

Blazor

Put your glasses on!
Site Supporter
Double post...

My wife died of brain cancer 5-6 years ago. My advice, dont do the cemo, and live out what days he can. That cemo run her down, and didnt work. Couldnt get past the blood/brain barrier. Lived her last 9 months not being able to do shit and felt like shit because of the cemo. He'll prolly need good pain meds for the headaches though. I think they gave her steroids to reduce the headaches, but that made her balloon up, and she thought she looked like a cabbage patch doll.

OP
OP
Krieg

Krieg

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Ah well, the thing is..he had been silent for the past 24 days... only one person knew of his whereabouts and what not, so passing messages back and forth is NOT an option. I can only imagine how wigged out he is right now..where ever he is.

Mona

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
That's really crap timing for your friend. This is why you should never put off the things that you really want to do until "someday" because that day is never guaranteed.

OP
OP
Krieg

Krieg

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I am still about... it is summer.. doing things. Being sociable.

CorsetKat

Factory Feline
Site Supporter
I'm sure that's been hard on your crusty ass.

How those hampsters keeping up? I take it you've gathered enough blubber over the years to make it through the hard months. These mountains are great, these humans, not so much.

OP
OP
Krieg

Krieg

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I am acquiring a new machine next week in fact. An upgrade. All shiny and new.

And yes.. being sociable is rather hard.. my tongue is sore from biting it. Practicing that social adroitness.

Lioness

Mrs. Jones
Site Supporter
I am acquiring a new machine next week in fact. An upgrade. All shiny and new.

And yes.. being sociable is rather hard.. my tongue is sore from biting it. Practicing that social adroitness.
New machines are fun.

OP
OP
Krieg

Krieg

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Fuck that, let your inner KRIEG fly.

No idea why my phone likes to scream your name, but it amuses me.

My Inner Krieg is an acquired taste that is eventually revealed after many checks are applied. I am trying to attain a more insightful perspective, this involves listening to others drone on incessantly about what they consider is important, when in the grand scheme of the universe, such concerns are utterly insignificant. My inner Krieg would blithely stay lurking around his home avoiding society as best he could because he is annoyed at it's hypocrisy. But that is not psychologically healthy and one does not gain wisdom observing his own echo chamber.
So, in order to engage in social conventions and converse with like minded in interests in a civil tone, one must keep their inner Krieg well and truly silenced for the duration of the social interaction. Negativity and pessimism have their places and are well worn guards and checks against the stupidity of life, and of THAT there is an abundance, but I endeavour to also appreciate the things that I am offered when I do practice being social adroit.

And trying to be fucking Zen about it.

@Lioness - I shall see how fun the new machine will be.. I am not as tech savy as most under the age of 40.. all I know

21.5-inch iMac with Retina 4K display
With the following configuration:
3.4GHz quad-core 7th-generation Intel Core i5 processor, Turbo Boost up to 3.8GHz
16GB 2400MHz DDR4
1TB Fusion Drive

If it performs as well as research says it does we shall see.. I am optimistic. I am curious how my drawing tablet will perform with it, and if I can get a decent line program for it. It should suit well enough for WoW.

Dageaux

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I can tell you one thing regarding your new machine just reading one word of that description. "iMac" you paid too much for it. That is a decent config, although I just bought a new machine with almost identicle stats (except I got an i7 processor) and I bought it for $800. Best of all it didnt come loaded with crappy Apple software, and when it breaks I can probably repair it as opposed to having to replace the whole thing.

Lioness

Mrs. Jones
Site Supporter
I don’t know much about a Mac. I did try to work on one two years ago because my former boss thought they were far superior to any other.

I concluded that I was too damn dumb to run that complicated fuckery... :)

So, you have My utmost respect for your patience and understanding of a machine that has no logical reason for mind simple mind. It’s quite awesome to look at from a distance.

Right now, I have no idea what the specs are on my pc. I do tons of homework on it then leave it behind until I have to write more nonsense to get the grade.

Iggy McLulz

Fucking Delightful
Site Supporter ☠️
I don’t know much about a Mac. I did try to work on one two years ago because my former boss thought they were far superior to any other.

So, you have My utmost respect for your patience and understanding of a machine that has no logical reason for mind simple mind. It’s quite awesome to look at from a distance.

Right now, I have no idea what the specs are on my pc. I do tons of homework on it then leave it behind until I have to write more nonsense to get the grade.
I've tried installing and running different Linux versions but could never get it running properly so I gave up and stick with Windows.
Just in case you want to know how to view your specs.
Go to the bottom-left corner of the screen, right-click the Start button. 3. Type msinfo32.exe in the text field and click "OK." You will then see all of the the details about your computer's specifications.

OP
OP
Krieg

Krieg

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I can tell you one thing regarding your new machine just reading one word of that description. "iMac" you paid too much for it. That is a decent config, although I just bought a new machine with almost identicle stats (except I got an i7 processor) and I bought it for $800. Best of all it didnt come loaded with crappy Apple software, and when it breaks I can probably repair it as opposed to having to replace the whole thing.

Each to their own.. I have been an Apple user since the early 90's and have stuck with it, rarely having issue. Nor am I a fan of tinkering about with computers and their hardware. I am unfamiliar with what "crappy Apple software" you refer too.. I have found them all to be of some use and I just turn off what I do not use. I do recall Windows users lamenting greatly, and repeatedly, about software upgrades and their lack of function, not so much Apple software.

Dageaux

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Each to their own.. I have been an Apple user since the early 90's and have stuck with it, rarely having issue. Nor am I a fan of tinkering about with computers and their hardware. I am unfamiliar with what "crappy Apple software" you refer too.. I have found them all to be of some use and I just turn off what I do not use. I do recall Windows users lamenting greatly, and repeatedly, about software upgrades and their lack of function, not so much Apple software.

Fair enough. The problem I have with Apple computers/software revolves around the fact that I DO like to tinker with computer hardware. Macintosh business model was to get people to replace hardware rather than fix it. From a business model it makes sense, but for a repair kinda guy where I have the knowledge and skill to replace a single part rather than spend the money to replace the entire unit, it sucks.

Apple software (and unfortunately I am seeing that Microsoft/PC software is starting to follow suit) is that they force you to do updates and make it absolutely impossible to downgrade if you don't like the new "features". Up until recently with PC software products you had the choice to not apply an update or to downgrade back to previous versions if you didn't like the changes, and while it would periodically nag you to upgrade it, in almost every case be declined or reverted back. That is not the case in the last year or two and MS has become as ruthless in their "patches and upgrades" as MacinTosh previously was. I am not sure how valid that argument is anymore, but we old fuckers are stuck in our ways.

Lastly Apple overprices everything. You hear it in the current iPhone vs Android debate. Androids always have newer more cutting edge hardware, but Apple always touts their 1 year old advances as if it were the creme de la creme, and it really isn't. Unfortunately they price it as if it were the creme de la creme.

CorsetKat

Factory Feline
Site Supporter
I hate Apple, my iPhone specifically.

Fucker is too full of shit to do anything correctly. I delete delete delete, nothing. I haven't been able to update the phone itself in a few years. Good, hate the fucking updates. I also hate when apps update. Fuckers change things around and their is no way to say no. No instructions, no human to talk to.

I don't know other phones well enough to make an educated decision on what phone to get next. Grrrr.

Lioness

Mrs. Jones
Site Supporter

I've tried installing and running different Linux versions but could never get it running properly so I gave up and stick with Windows.
Just in case you want to know how to view your specs.
Go to the bottom-left corner of the screen, right-click the Start button. 3. Type msinfo32.exe in the text field and click "OK." You will then see all of the the details about your computer's specifications.
Processor AMD FX(tm)-8320 Eight-Core Processor, 3500 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)

AMD Fx (tm)-8320 Eight-Core Processor 3.50 GHz and 16.0 GB of Ram. 64 bit operating system. It's a pretty nifty machine.

Last edited:

Lioness

Mrs. Jones
Site Supporter

Fair enough. The problem I have with Apple computers/software revolves around the fact that I DO like to tinker with computer hardware. Macintosh business model was to get people to replace hardware rather than fix it. From a business model it makes sense, but for a repair kinda guy where I have the knowledge and skill to replace a single part rather than spend the money to replace the entire unit, it sucks.

Apple software (and unfortunately I am seeing that Microsoft/PC software is starting to follow suit) is that they force you to do updates and make it absolutely impossible to downgrade if you don't like the new "features". Up until recently with PC software products you had the choice to not apply an update or to downgrade back to previous versions if you didn't like the changes, and while it would periodically nag you to upgrade it, in almost every case be declined or reverted back. That is not the case in the last year or two and MS has become as ruthless in their "patches and upgrades" as MacinTosh previously was. I am not sure how valid that argument is anymore, but we old fuckers are stuck in our ways.

Lastly Apple overprices everything. You hear it in the current iPhone vs Android debate. Androids always have newer more cutting edge hardware, but Apple always touts their 1 year old advances as if it were the creme de la creme, and it really isn't. Unfortunately they price it as if it were the creme de la creme.
My daughter was forced to take her PC in and get it worked on because the update they sent out crashed her PC. I think that's a shitty thing to do.

Dageaux

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Yea like I said in the last couple years (it started in Windows 8) patches and updates are mandatory. Win10 makes it absolutely impossible to refuse an update, although I think if you do a recover it goes back to before the update should that ever come up again. I am sure that is what you paid someone to do, was run the recovery back to pre-patch.

OP
OP
Krieg

Krieg

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I would submit we Apple users have been spoilt, we have avoided most of the viruses that have trundled down therough the ages, essentialy we can just take the device out of package, plug it in and are mostly certain it will run, constantly, with little performance decline until MUCH later.

I have not tried using a PC for graphic colouring or adding in subtle hues..Nor would I feel comfortable with how a PC is laid out on the screen. I am well aware I am paying for a convenience, but I do have other things to attend to in my life than to tinker with the gubbinz of a computer. I proabaly should learn how to build one.. as soon as I figure how much a byte weighs.

Lioness

Mrs. Jones
Site Supporter
I don't care about much of it anymore. I want it to work on WOW and do my homework. I went through a phase where I wanted to know how to fix it all myself. There was a point where I stopped caring about it. I think it was when my BluRay DVD player thrashed after having it for two weeks and being called Gloria repeatedly by the foreign customer service guy on the other end. Something snapped inside my soul that day.