Evening Krap with Krieg

OP
OP
Krieg

Krieg

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
yes, there's that. Getting the house painted is the priority.2.5 story built in 1907, the siding is Fir. So it must be scraped and sanded before painting. So a contractor for that, or contractor for parging...

OP
OP
Krieg

Krieg

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
It is day 22 of not smoking.

I am currently pondering handing out peanut butter sandwiches to local schools and daycare. I likely need to change my patch instead.

MasterBlaster

Rest In Peace Boyd
Factory Bastard
the gum/lozenges are useless
83a4qbQ.gif

Blazor

Put your glasses on!
Site Supporter
When I quit cigs, I switched to a pinch hitter. You get to keep the habit, and get high, win win lol.

OP
OP
Krieg

Krieg

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I am using the patch.. the science is sound..transdermal nicotine release, reducing the amount of nicotine gradually. I know little of Chantrix, it's side effects, or the long term effects of said medication. I have frequent arguments with my addiction that can easily reason out with very plausible arguments as to why I should have just a little puff, here and there. No. It's expensive, it smells, and the long term pain is really not worth the short term gain.

MasterBlaster

Rest In Peace Boyd
Factory Bastard
The VA gave me Chantrix, didn't do a thing for me. When you reduce down from the 21 mg DON'T buy the 14... keep buying the 21 and trim a 1/4 inch off instead.

CorsetKat

Factory Feline
Site Supporter
I am smoking regularly these days.

I hate everything about it.

Coworker did Chantrix, sats drwans are crazy, but she stopped.

I hear sleeping with the pay h on causes crazy realistic dreams too.

I have a lit of anxiety dreams, fuck having them be even more realistic than they are

Nope

Scooter

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
☠️Private Forum Access
I am smoking regularly these days.

I hate everything about it.

Coworker did Chantrix, sats drwans are crazy, but she stopped.

I hear sleeping with the pay h on causes crazy realistic dreams too.

I have a lit of anxiety dreams, fuck having them be even more realistic than they are

Nope

Proofread much? LOL

I know and feel what you're saying, though. I need to stop smoking. Nicotine is a helluva drug. I'm wondering about vaping options and tapering off. I'm also curious about CBD products and how they might help with anxiety issues. I'd be better off if I could smoke pot everyday. Instead, I drink myself to death.

Oliver Shagnasty

Honky Tonk Nigger
Site Supporter
Cigarettes are bad for you. I've smoked here and there but never got addicted to them but some people I know can't seem to quit and others continue to struggle. My sister in law has been smoking for 30 years and she tried to quit by taking up vaping and had a panic attack so I'm not sure that vaping is a better alternative.

Dageaux

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Vaping is like masturbation, it'll do in a pinch, but it just isn't as satisfying.

Blazor

Put your glasses on!
Site Supporter
Apples and oranges are still better than a water chestnut lol.

OP
OP
Krieg

Krieg

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
It has been 40 days since my last smoke. The diiference between now and my previous attempts is I still have tobacco in the house. a Nice full pack of cigarellos if I so wanted. "They" tell you to get rid of all nicotine so you won't be tempted. For it gives comfort that if I REALLY wanted to smoke, I have the option.

OP
OP
Krieg

Krieg

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
In all honesty I do not expect to be "home clear" until perhaps 3 years have passed. I am fortunate that very few of the people I know smoke, and those that do smoke cigarettes. which was not my preferred poison. I am not going to say I have quit until such time has passed.

Damaged Maven

A little older and a little stupider than most.
Site Supporter
Therapist told me that in any addiction you have to be totally clean for 18 months while your brain rewires. It's more critical if you started use before the age of 25.

TheHaze

If my dog doesn't like you, I probably won'teither
Site Supporter
I quit every night but start up again the next day- - - - - -:Stoned:

Blazor

Put your glasses on!
Site Supporter
I just hope dying from cancer isn't too painful.

There is no sad emoji :(

Well, for my wife, she suffered more under the chemo. Eventually, her immune system got too low, and she got pneumonia. Went to the hospital, and they induced her into a coma. She had sepsis, where it had spread to her other organs, and they began shutting down. So she was in a coma for a week, but got real bad at the end of the week, that was when we found out about the sepsis. And even though she was in a coma, you could tell she was in pain. We hit the morphine button as many times as we were allowed, before her parents finally decided it was time to pull the plug.