Extreme couponing.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Now, I have never done this as it seems like a hell of a lot of work but I must admit my inner cheapskate likes the idea of getting thousands of dollars worth of stuff for virtually nothing. On the other hand, I see hours and hours or work clipping coupons, organizing transactions so you comply with the store's coupon policies, and not to mention picking the items, checking them out, and then stocking them at home. At the end of the day does anyone really need a 10 year supply of free toothpaste or dishwasher soap?

Still, free or almost free has a strong draw.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
Oh goodness no.

These people end up with a shit ton of products they dont even use.

I would never have this much time....and if I did, no way would my brain let me do this.

Plus, I'm picky as hell with my products.

Swamp-Duck

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
It seems like a full time job to me, don’t think I could be bothered, I suppose if you had a big family it would help, I once signed up to a place where you could sample stuff for free, I ended up having to delete that email address, everyday it was full of shit...

Jeannie

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Oh goodness no.

I would never have this much time....and if I did, no way would my brain let me do this.

lol u ever watch seinfeld with costanza the coupon whore?

OP
OP
Oerdin

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Oh goodness no.

I do agree with you that they do get a shit ton of things they do not really need but they can give it to family, friends, or a charity. That said, many say they spend 20 hours a week or more collecting the coupon fliers, clipping the coupons, figuring out where to use them given the different coupon policies of different stores, figuring out where the sales are, then actually going to the store and buying the things. It is a lot of work, no doubt, but it is remarkable how much they get for free.

It does seem like a job in itself though.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
Oh goodness no.

I do agree with you that they do get a shit ton of things they do not really need but they can give it to family, friends, or a charity. That said, many say they spend 20 hours a week or more collecting the coupon fliers, clipping the coupons, figuring out where to use them given the different coupon policies of different stores, figuring out where the sales are, then actually going to the store and buying the things. It is a lot of work, no doubt, but it is remarkable how much they get for free.

Yeah I watched extreme couponing and just watching it was exhausting lol.

It is like a part time job. There is no way I could do that. I just do not have that patience and I actually hate shopping as it is lol

Moonpie

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Oh goodness no.

Yeah I watched extreme couponing and just watching it was exhausting lol.

It is like a part time job. There is no way I could do that. I just do not have that patience and I actually hate shopping as it is lol
Yeah im
Lucky I have a bed bath coupon on me these days. I always said I wish I did the coupon thing. Yeah I’m glad I’m not that way.

Jeannie

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
ever go 2 costco?
go for a jug of bleach and a few cans of pork n beans and come out with 12 gallons of clorox, 48 cans of beans, 6 gals of wiper fluid, etc

its like the preppers paradise lol

SHAMPAIN

Vape Nation
Site Supporter ☠️
I seen a documentary about a British woman who enters every shitty competition on food tins, crisp packets etc, she says hardly anybody enters them these days and she's won an absolute shit tonne over the years including a car, multiple holidays and even a conservatory lol... I feel like I wanna start doing it myself...

Swamp-Duck

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I seen a documentary about a British woman who enters every shitty competition on food tins, crisp packets etc, she says hardly anybody enters them these days and she's won an absolute shit tonne over the years including a car, multiple holidays and even a conservatory lol... I feel like I wanna start doing it myself...
I’m happy with my club card points....lol...

SHAMPAIN

Vape Nation
Site Supporter ☠️
I know people that save them up for christmas, apparently you can get a couple of hundreds worth in a year? I've got a clubcard but never bother using it...

Swamp-Duck

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I know people that save them up for christmas, apparently you can get a couple of hundreds worth in a year? I've got a clubcard but never bother using it...
I normally get it every couple of months, £15-£25, I mostly use it for kitchen stuff or new towels stuff like that..

SHAMPAIN

Vape Nation
Site Supporter ☠️
I normally get it every couple of months, £15-£25, I mostly use it for kitchen stuff or new towels stuff like that..
The more you spend the more points you get eh? Tesco is pretty expensive these days, I always shit myself at what I've spent when I get to the checkout lol NEVER go in starving is a lesson I've learned...

Swamp-Duck

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
The more you spend the more points you get eh? Tesco is pretty expensive these days, I always shit myself at what I've spent when I get to the checkout lol NEVER go in starving is a lesson I've learned...
Tesco’s ain’t so bad, the reason I like the one never me is it’s never too crowded, Waitrose is best but there’s always too many people for my liking, and they just stand in the way...

SHAMPAIN

Vape Nation
Site Supporter ☠️
Tesco’s ain’t so bad, the reason I like the one never me is it’s never too crowded, Waitrose is best but there’s always too many people for my liking, and they just stand in the way...
I've only been in Waitrose once for a sandwich, we only have one in Glasgow and one in Edinburgh... I love M&S, their food is top tier =)
I do my basic shopping in Morrisons or Asda usually..

RANCIDMILKO ™ ®©

Ceedoobie's #1 Fan
Site Supporter ☠️
My version of cuponing today is going to places where I can pay with QR code from Mercado Livre (Brazil's Amazon)

I buy pretty much everything except from groceries and clothes from them today

The more you spend, the more discounts and free stuff you get

Fidelity here is the way to go with businesses if you really wanna save a few bucks here and there

Gas for example, it's outrageously expensive these days and they put water in the fuel like crazy here. Places with prices lower than average are usually a trap. Save on gas, get less mileage and a mechanic bill.

Mercado Livre became a fintech, so when you pay with the app you get the discount, accumulate points and blah blah

Shell has more expensive gas than the average, but it's always good gas and when you use the app and put a certain amount every month, you get a 10% discount, which is the best you can hope for these days. So I end up getting good gas for less than everyone else. However, a family member who drives a lot carries the app in his phone with my account, because I don't drive much these days but he does.

I'm also constantly buying cell phones and other stuff for family members on my account, which means I'm always getting discounts and free shipping.

I also have accounts on other fintechs and Internet banks. Some don't charge for withdrawing money at ATMs, others do. You can pay your bills for free in some, some have fees on their CCs others don't. You just have to be smart and milk them instead of letting them milk you LOL

Phester0boyle

Factory Bastard
My version of cuponing today is going to places where I can pay with QR code from Mercado Livre (Brazil's Amazon)

I buy pretty much everything except from groceries and clothes from them today

The more you spend, the more discounts and free stuff you get

Fidelity here is the way to go with businesses if you really wanna save a few bucks here and there

Gas for example, it's outrageously expensive these days and they put water in the fuel like crazy here. Places with prices lower than average are usually a trap. Save on gas, get less mileage and a mechanic bill.

Mercado Livre became a fintech, so when you pay with the app you get the discount, accumulate points and blah blah

Shell has more expensive gas than the average, but it's always good gas and when you use the app and put a certain amount every month, you get a 10% discount, which is the best you can hope for these days. So I end up getting good gas for less than everyone else. However, a family member who drives a lot carries the app in his phone with my account, because I don't drive much these days but he does.

I'm also constantly buying cell phones and other stuff for family members on my account, which means I'm always getting discounts and free shipping.

I also have accounts on other fintechs and Internet banks. Some don't charge for withdrawing money at ATMs, others do. You can pay your bills for free in some, some have fees on their CCs others don't. You just have to be smart and milk them instead of letting them milk you LOL
Free? LOL
Nothing is free

OP
OP
Oerdin

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Technically, it is paid via the manufacturer's coupon but it is free to the person taking it.