First page of the Bible

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
☠️Private Forum Access
I've always found this fascinating. A single word the Council of Nicea neglected to expunge from the book. OUR.

And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

Admin.

When you're a Alpha, you're an Alpha all the way!
Site Supporter
☠️Private Forum Access
Why are there people in other lands if God just created everything?
Eh3Fx0kUMAA0Y7s.jpg

Alticus

Mr. Excitement
Moderator ☠️
Why are there people in other lands if God just created everything?
The OT can be tough to understand. It gives old school a new name. There's a story about the tower of Babel. They wanted to build a tower to the havens to make themselves known all around. To prevent this arrogance God created different languages and scattered them all over the world. That's how I understand it anyway.

Admin.

Site Supporter
☠️Private Forum Access
The OT can be tough to understand. It gives old school a new name. There's a story about the tower of Babel. They wanted to build a tower to the havens to make themselves known all around. To prevent this arrogance God created different languages and scattered them all over the world. That's how I understand it anyway.
So Adam and Ever were like pre-historic time travelers?

Alticus

Mr. Excitement
Moderator ☠️
Genesis is all about the creation of everything. It tells the story of how the earth was created and populated.

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

Okay, but that's not what I'm asking about.

It's a mystery because they're just stories...some more interesting than others.

Alticus

Mr. Excitement
Moderator ☠️
Okay, but that's not what I'm asking about.

It's a mystery because they're just stories...some more interesting than others.
If you read Genesis it's about the creation of everything by God. Why would it matter if they're stories if it gets God's message across?

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Genesis is all about the creation of everything. It tells the story of how the earth was created and populated.
Yes, I've read it.

God creates everything, first Earth, then everything in it-including man than woman.
Then he taunts them with fruit and says don't eat it. Then Eve is taunted to eat it by Satan, which he allows to exist for whatever reason, then he fucks them over when they do. Also, blaming women for everything in the process.

Then they become fruitful and multiply. Their offspring leave this newly created Earth and enciunter....other people?

But I thought you just said...

Alticus

Mr. Excitement
Moderator ☠️
Yes, I've read it.

God creates everything, first Earth, then everything in it-including man than woman.
Then he taunts them with fruit and says don't eat it. Then they are taunted to eat it by Satan, which he allows to exist for whatever reason, then he fucks them over when they do.

Then they become fruitful and multiply. Their offspring leave this newly created Earth and enciunter....other people?

But I thought you just said...
To the best of my knowledge it was a test that meant to teach the difference of good and evil and how they relate.

Alticus

Mr. Excitement
Moderator ☠️
What's the message? Do as I say or I'll fuck with you?
Lily, the message of the bible is all about getting to know God better and living a good life. He wants a relationship with us. By using stories and parables it makes things a little easier to understand for us. Just because we may not know and understand every word and deed from God doesn't mean the bible is wrong. Humans cannot comprehend God in all of His splendor.

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Lily, the message of the bible is all about getting to know God better and living a good life. He wants a relationship with us. By using stories and parables it makes things a little easier to understand for us. Just because we may not know and understand every word and deed from God doesn't mean the bible is wrong. Humans cannot comprehend God in all of His splendor.
That's a good excuse for the megalomanical God of the OT.

Vengeful, vindictive, cruel and judgmental.

Alticus

Mr. Excitement
Moderator ☠️
That's a good excuse for the megalomanical God of the OT.

Vengeful, vindictive, cruel and judgmental.
I think that you may be focusing too much on our lives on earth and not the life after this. In the OT God establishes himself as the supreme creator and only God who is capable of judgment.

Admin.

Site Supporter
☠️Private Forum Access
I think that you may be focusing too much on our lives on earth and not the life after this. In the OT God establishes himself as the supreme creator and only God who is capable of judgment.
NOBODY on this side of 'the veil' knows whats on the otherside, near death experience anecdotes included.

Alticus

Mr. Excitement
Moderator ☠️
NOBODY on this side of 'the veil' knows whats on the otherside, near death experience anecdotes included.
That's where one's faith comes into play and trusting God that He won't let you down if you deserve to go to heaven.