Foo Fighters drummer, Taylor Hawkins dies at 50…

Admin.

All that glitters, is not gold.
Site Supporter ☠️
I think Dave is becoming my favorite rock and roller working.

121805365_4730209453686590_7505098121028033521_n.jpg

Be kind, be helpful.

Admin.

Site Supporter ☠️
Dude had 10 different drugs in his system
I saw that, very sad. Addiction is a cold blooded killer. While all us working class plebes think getting rich equals happiness, dead celebrities show us, it's not necessarily true. Taylor seemed to love what he did for a living, I read last night that when he'd come off a FF Tour, he would go to his local dive bars and play, he just loved playing music, perhaps slightly less than he "loved" his addiction.

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
This just makes me so sad. Creative, sensitive people are so often the ones taken down by their addictions. Heartbreaking.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
I saw that, very sad. Addiction is a cold blooded killer. While all us working class plebes think getting rich equals happiness, dead celebrities show us, it's not necessarily true. Taylor seemed to love what he did for a living, I read last night that when he'd come off a FF Tour, he would go to his local dive bars and play, he just loved playing music, perhaps slightly less than he "loved" his addiction.

It really has nothing to do with whether you love your life or hate it. Sometimes the most "triggering" moments are good, happy ones.

Nothing external can ever "fix" someone. This guy probably had drug use and music so enmeshed with eachother that he didnt get the same satisfaction unless he was doing both. Addiction is always a symptom of much deeper issues. Some people just do not know who they are without those issues.

Admin.

Site Supporter ☠️

It really has nothing to do with whether you love your life or hate it. Sometimes the most "triggering" moments are good, happy ones.

Nothing external can ever "fix" someone. This guy probably had drug use and music so enmeshed with eachother that he didnt get the same satisfaction unless he was doing both. Addiction is always a symptom of much deeper issues. Some people just do not know who they are without those issues.
Agreed, I thought about amending my use of the word addiction, to pain or depression, addiction is just self medicating the hurt., ie fucking the pain away.

Admin.

Site Supporter ☠️
His heart was double sized... it's looking like a jab death now...

There seems to be a lot of people in their 40's and 50's having heart attacks and other cardiovascular events since the release of the Covid vaccines.
Heart disease has long been a leading cause of death, this is not a new phenomenon.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

Agreed, I thought about amending my use of the word addiction, to pain or depression, addiction is just self medicating the hurt., ie fucking the pain away.

Since entering a "recovery community", I cant tell you how many times I've heard someone say "I just dont get it. They were doing so good. Everything was working out. They just started a new job/got their kids back/completed drug court/got a new place/got engaged/graduated college(so on...long list of good life events).

When I was in very early recovery and I saw people with a year plus under their belt and all these good things happening for them relapse, I used to think I was lying to myself and there was no way I would ever recover and I may as well give up and go die. Because if these people cant, I have no chance. That was my thinking.

I literally lived on that cheesy "today, I wont" thinking. Its almost been 9 years(I dont count it, I just know March was the month I quit) and me and my husband are still clean.

You really need to make less about simply not using drugs and more about dealing with yourself. Every one I know who has relapsed and died was solely focused on just not using.

It's like having a gun shot wound and only focused on not bleeding. It's not enough and its futile to just try to stop the blood....you need to heal the wound.

And the worst is not being able to really get through to someone going through it. It's all entirely up to them. You could scream and shake them and tell them "you are going to die"....and it's completely futile until they really realize it themselves. It's really disturbing to see the pain and fear in those you care about....but it isnt enough. As fucked up as that is.

This man likely would have had to give up music and everything in order to make it. At least walk away for a while and slowly start to make new associations with it. It happens where a rock start will get clean and stay clean while still being a rock star.....but it's unlikely, we end up seeing more deaths than recoveries.

Admin.

Site Supporter ☠️

Since entering a "recovery community", I cant tell you how many times I've heard someone say "I just dont get it. They were doing so good. Everything was working out. They just started a new job/got their kids back/completed drug court/got a new place/got engaged/graduated college(so on...long list of good life events).

When I was in very early recovery and I saw people with a year plus under their belt and all these good things happening for them relapse, I used to think I was lying to myself and there was no way I would ever recover and I may as well give up and go die. Because if these people cant, I have no chance. That was my thinking.

I literally lived on that cheesy "today, I wont" thinking. Its almost been 9 years(I dont count it, I just know March was the month I quit) and me and my husband are still clean.

You really need to make less about simply not using drugs and more about dealing with yourself. Every one I know who has relapsed and died was solely focused on just not using.

It's like having a gun shot wound and only focused on not bleeding. It's not enough and its futile to just try to stop the blood....you need to heal the wound.

And the worst is not being able to really get through to someone going through it. It's all entirely up to them. You could scream and shake them and tell them "you are going to die"....and it's completely futile until they really realize it themselves. It's really disturbing to see the pain and fear in those you care about....but it isnt enough. As fucked up as that is.

This man likely would have had to give up music and everything in order to make it. At least walk away for a while and slowly start to make new associations with it. It happens where a rock start will get clean and stay clean while still being a rock star.....but it's unlikely, we end up seeing more deaths than recoveries.
One of the best Car Salesmen I ever worked with had been a serious coke addict for a long time(Late seventies into the 80's there was a lot of coke running through car people, he went through 4 30 days inhouse treatments before he kicked the habit, one time for a boss, one time for a gf, and one time for his mom, till he decided he really wanted off the roller coaster and did it for himself. This guy would generate a huge paycheck and then disappear for several days and then show up looking like death warmed over, he'd sit around looking like shit for a day or so, than he'd get hungry again and then literally start selling cars to everyone he breathed on. After being clean for several years and remarried and happy, he had a heart attack and died in his sleep at 50 years old.