Help Wanted, Now Hiring. Preference Given To White People.

Admin.

I aim to be smugly pedantic, or vice verse.
Site Supporter ☠️

What Researchers Discovered When They Sent 80,000 Fake Résumés to U.S. Jobs​

Some companies discriminated against Black applicants much more than others, and H.R. practices made a big difference.

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

PS, BLM Bad!

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

What Researchers Discovered When They Sent 80,000 Fake Résumés to U.S. Jobs​

Some companies discriminated against Black applicants much more than others, and H.R. practices made a big difference.

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

PS, BLM Bad!

I read that earlier. What I found most interesting it was two car related industries where it was the biggest problem, used car corporation and Napa Auto Parts.

Some showed no bias. Which was also interesting and positive for the labor market.

OP
OP
Admin.

Admin.

Site Supporter ☠️
I read that earlier. What I found most interesting it was two car related industries where it was the biggest problem, used car corporation and Napa Auto Parts.

Some showed no bias. Which was also interesting and positive for the labor market.
Having spent quite some time in the Car Biz, I can verify it is in ways possibly one of the last bastions of a 'man's world' But I was surprised that the large National Corporate Car Dealer would have such HR issues.

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Having spent quite some time in the Car Biz, I can verify it is in ways possibly one of the last bastions of a 'man's world' But I was surprised that the large National Corporate Car Dealer would have such HR issues.

I have no idea why it is, but it may come from the top. Some industries may be dominated by older generation Americans vs high tech, for example, where people are younger and already more demographically diverse.

OP
OP
Admin.

Admin.

Site Supporter ☠️
I have no idea why it is, but it may come from the top. Some industries may be dominated by older generation Americans vs high tech, for example, where people are younger and already more demographically diverse.
long story cut short, AutoNation is a wall street creature, a bit different from most Auto Dealer Groups, so the old white man in charge could be a factor.