It's the economy, stoopit

Admin.

The Flying Fickle Finger Of Fate.
Site Supporter ☠️
"Year-end accounts of the U.S. economy are very strong indeed. According to Bloomberg and the Wall Street Journal—which are certainly not giddy media outlets—U.S. economic output has jumped more than 7% in the last three months of 2021. Overall growth for 2021 should be about 6%, and economists predict growth of around 4% in 2022—the highest numbers the U.S. has seen in decades . . . The U.S. is 'outperforming the world by the biggest margin in the 21st century,” wrote Matthew A. Winkler in Bloomberg, “and with good reason: America’s economy improved more in Joe Biden’s first 12 months than any president during the past 50 years….'
So why on earth do 54% of Americans disapprove of Biden’s handling of the economy? . . . " Heather Cox Richardson explores the disconnect between facts and misperceptions.

• Interesting
Reactions: Joe

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
"Year-end accounts of the U.S. economy are very strong indeed. According to Bloomberg and the Wall Street Journal—which are certainly not giddy media outlets—U.S. economic output has jumped more than 7% in the last three months of 2021. Overall growth for 2021 should be about 6%, and economists predict growth of around 4% in 2022—the highest numbers the U.S. has seen in decades . . . The U.S. is 'outperforming the world by the biggest margin in the 21st century,” wrote Matthew A. Winkler in Bloomberg, “and with good reason: America’s economy improved more in Joe Biden’s first 12 months than any president during the past 50 years….'
So why on earth do 54% of Americans disapprove of Biden’s handling of the economy? . . . " Heather Cox Richardson explores the disconnect between facts and misperceptions.

I'm not sure what Heather's argument is , but the overarching problem in the US, all the time, is that they measure economic health by worker productivity -- not worker pay and job satisfaction -- and by the stock market, which is only a good indicator for those who are better off. There's also a disconnect between actual unemployment figures and real unemplyment. This isn't a diss of Biden, but of both cons and dems, because they have sold out the economy not to workers but to corporate masters. It really is a fubar, and individual presidents aren't really responsible. They are tools. And I think cons who complain about Biden as opposed to the bought government of the USA and its failed economics are cucks.

THat's just my opinion, and I'm sticking to it.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
*sigh*

I think the problem is you guys have these set biases and conclusions that are coming from a socailist mindset, so right from the rip the convo is like two different languages.

I mean productivity and available jobs are important and impact pay.

If you guys expect to raise some minimum wage because of this pay issue.....its going to destroy everything BUT the wealthy corps.

Lowering costs is something people should be focused on, rather than just making life so unaffordable that we end up raising taxes for more socail programs. When does that stop?

You guys were arguing against private landlords with that eviction thing. First you rejected the fact that most of the landlords in question were just regular ass people. Not wealthy. Not a corp. Just regular working and middle class people. And while the evictions were blocked? They STILL had to pay the mortgage.

Who gets those properties when the landlord has to sell or gets foreclosed on? Wealthy corps. When the landlord no longer owns the property....the tenets will be out either way.

People are not doing great right now. I have seen people directly explain how and why. I've seen people go into which one of Trumps policies helped them do better and how. But when someone is so double down on why they hate capitalism....there is no communication.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Are these reported gains/rise in the US economy finding their way to the average American worker @Dove?

Or is it just media hype?

What's your take where you live?

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
Are these reported gains/rise in the US economy finding their way to the average American worker @Dove?

Rising costs fuck it up pretty good. People are struggling.

WE do pretty good BUT my husband works in the medical feild. So our income went up quite a bit and he has gotten a few retention bonuses.

His job is kissing his ass like never before lol

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

WE do pretty good BUT my husband works in the medical feild. So our income went up quite a bit and he has gotten a few retention bonuses.

But you still live in that trailer?

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

Uh yeah, Joe. We are renovating it lol.

We didnt decide to do this because we HAD to. We could have scrapped it.

My mother had already impulse bought it and it would have been sad to scrap it. So when our last lease was finished, instead of resigning or looking for a place to rent with an added area for her....we decided to renovate this place and either sell it or move it onto property.

Why continue to rent or enter into a mortgage when we can chill here and have fun fixing this place up? It's a win no matter what.

I'm not some overly material or snooty person that looks down on mobile homes or even people who HAVE to live in them. This was a much better decision all around.

Just because we could afford to spend (much) more (our living expenses are impressively low....its fucking awesome).... doesnt mean we should.

We just have much more money to save or have fun with this way.

I've always loved the tiny house thing or the bus conversations. So getting my hands on this old trailor was right up my ally.

I should start a thread about this and document it all. So far we have done too much. We have just been getting bigger things replaced like plumbing and electric and I dry walled the back bedroom lol. Its gonna get really real here soon because the electric will be all rewired soon.

It's been pretty hectic taking care of mom and my husband working a few hours away so it hasnt been going as fast as I'd like it to. We need to get our camper over here too for when we gut the bathroom and kitchen.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

My mother had already impulse bought it and it would have been sad to scrap it. So when our last lease was finished, instead of resigning or looking for a place to rent with an added area for her....we decided to renovate this place and either sell it or move it onto property.

Why continue to rent or enter into a mortgage when we can chill here and have fun fixing this place up? It's a win no matter what.

I'm not some overly material or snooty person that looks down on mobile homes or even people who HAVE to live in them. This was a much better decision all around.

Just because we could afford to spend (much) more (our living expenses are impressively low....its fucking awesome).... doesnt mean we should.

I've always loved the tiny house thing or the bus conversations. So getting my hands on this old trailor was right up my ally.

I should start a thread about this and document it all. So far we have done too much. We have just been getting bigger things replaced like plumbing and electric and I dry walled the back bedroom lol. Its gonna get really real here soon because the electric will be all rewired soon.

It's been pretty hectic taking care of mom and my husband working a few hours away so it hasnt been going as fast as I'd like it to. We need to get our camper over here too for when we gut the bathroom and kitchen.

That's good Dovey.

It's OK ta do those sorta things when you're younger.

But I think with the money you appear to be saving, ya might look for a piece of land like Mel/DDT did & build a cabin or put a trailer on it.

Just my opinion tho.

You know what's best fer you.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

I'm not sure what Heather's argument is , but the overarching problem in the US, all the time, is that they measure economic health by worker productivity -- not worker pay and job satisfaction -- and by the stock market, which is only a good indicator for those who are better off. There's also a disconnect between actual unemployment figures and real unemplyment. This isn't a diss of Biden, but of both cons and dems, because they have sold out the economy not to workers but to corporate masters. It really is a fubar, and individual presidents aren't really responsible. They are tools. And I think cons who complain about Biden as opposed to the bought government of the USA and its failed economics are cucks.

THat's just my opinion, and I'm sticking to it.

@LotusBud I thought all that profiteering during the Pandemic, particularly by Pfizer was disgusting.

And their product doesn't seem to be that good.

Given that the number of COVID deaths was about the same number in 2021 as 2020, it doesn't seem that the USA has managed to get the Pandemic under control with Pfizer as the Vaccine de Jour. In the USA, Canada and elsewhere, breakthrough cases with people who got the Pfizer jab appear to be surging.

I would seriously consider calling for the replacement of Pfizer as America's national vaccine of choice with something else. And while they're at it, axing the heads of the FDA and CDC who appear to be too cozy with them

Last edited:

Lokmar

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
The economy continues to be fucked and you STILL cant get many durable goods because of severe shortages. Hell, you cant even get some appliances repaired due to parts shortages. This is expected to continue into 2023.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
The economy continues to be fucked and you STILL cant get many durable goods because of severe shortages. Hell, you cant even get some appliances repaired due to parts shortages. This is expected to continue into 2023.

Maybe this is the result of being too dependent upon overseas supply chains like China and Asia?

I suppose this will be a good argument for 'insourcing' or bringing the manufacturing back to the United States and the Americas.

Lokmar

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

Maybe this is the result of being too dependent upon overseas supply chains like China and Asia?

I suppose this will be a good argument for 'insourcing' or bringing the manufacturing back to the United States and the Americas.
Yep. Saint Trump tried to tell us. Saint Trump was fixing it.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

That's good Dovey.

But I think with the money you appear to be saving, ya might look for a piece of land like Mel/DDT did & build a cabin or put a trailer on it.

Just my opinion tho.

That's the plan. We have viewed a few plots since we moved out here and fell in love with the area. We are kinda waiting for a plot close to water.

There is this huge plot of 80 some acres and the owner said in a year or so he would be willing to break it up, and we want 5 of those acres. It's actually perfect so I HOPE that works out. He knows we are interested enough to hand him the cash for it right now lol.

He wants to sell it by chunks of 20. But he will do 5 if he cant in like a year.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

Biden and the Democrats appear to be copying his idea.

I think its a long term trend no matter which party is in power in the US.

However the Republicans may become more aggressive about it than their opposition.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

Yep. That's it. That's why we supported Trump.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

That's good Dovey.

Just my opinion tho.

That's the plan. We have viewed a few plots since we moved out here and fell in love with the area. We are kinda waiting for a plot close to water.

There is this huge plot of 80 some acres and the owner said in a year or so he would be willing to break it up, and we want 5 of those acres. It's actually perfect so I HOPE that works out. He knows we are interested enough to hand him the cash for it right now lol.

He wants to sell it by chunks of 20. But he will do 5 if he cant in like a year.

Roughly, what does a 5 acre lot in your area sell for at today's market prices?

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

That's good Dovey.

Just my opinion tho.

This particular chunk will cost 85k. Which is absolutely excellent. It already has utility hook ups and everything. It has a driveway.....very long. Most of the acres would be in the front.

It really depends on the type of land. If its cropland, transitional land, et. The chunk we want is considered transitional land. Its croplands as well. And there is a small river on it(it would be behind the house). I'll ask my husband to text me the pics and I'll post it.

Last edited:

Lokmar

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

Biden and the Democrats appear to be copying his idea.

I think its a long term trend no matter which party is in power in the US.

However the Republicans may become more aggressive about it than their opposition.
Oh yea? Lemme know what biden is doing about China. I'll wait. :Popcorn:

Seamajor

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
As if you don’t buy cheap Chinese shit. Mr. money bags

Lokmar

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
As if you don’t buy cheap Chinese shit. Mr. money bags
I dont own a single gun or ammunition thats made in China. I have some PRC Korean bullets tho.

The parts I use in my race cars are U.S. Produced whenever possible. I COULD have bought a Chinese 4340 crankshaft for my LS2 but instead, I bought a Lunati Crank that cost 1/3 more. Same thing with the roller rockers I bought. They're made by Crower, in the USA. $1500.

When I bought a new knife set, I purchased them over a 6 month time period. What brand? Shun. Made in Japan, not China.

Pans? Well, I've been buying All Clad for several years. Made in the USA.

Of course there's shit that I buy in China when I cant find an alternative.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

That's good Dovey.

Just my opinion tho.

This particular chunk will cost 85k. Which is absolutely excellent. It already has utility hook ups and everything. It has a driveway.....very long. Most of the acres would be in the front.

It really depends on the type of land. If its cropland, transitional land, et. The chunk we want is considered transitional land. Its croplands as well. And there is a small river on it(it would be behind the house). I'll ask my husband to text me the pics and I'll post it.

No don't post any pics.

Best to keep it a secret.

Bill Gates & Monsanto may be watching.

And if they gobble it up, no land for you @Dove!

Corporations and the super rich wanna buy up all the farmland so average folk can't own it and they'll become serfs for the corporations China and the super rich.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

That's good Dovey.

Just my opinion tho.

No don't post any pics.

Corporations and the super rich wanna buy up all the farmland so average folk can't own it and they'll become serfs for the corporations China and the super rich.

I mean....they do in fact want that. However....they can definately get enough to accomplish that without buying ALL of it lol.

China has been doing that

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

I highly doubt Gates and Monsanto are reading BF and that pictures of land me and husband want to buy would get snatched up by China but its sounds like some shit that would happen to me lol

OP
OP
Admin.

Admin.

Site Supporter ☠️
USA inflation was 6.8%.

Was this factored-in with this "growth" calculation?
Hey dumbfuck the Economics Phd.s that analyze that stuff know what they're doing.

dumbass-dumbasses.gif

OP
OP
Admin.

Admin.

Site Supporter ☠️

That's good Dovey.

Just my opinion tho.

No don't post any pics.

I mean....they do in fact want that. However....they can definately get enough to accomplish that without buying ALL of it lol.

I highly doubt Gates and Monsanto are reading BF and that pictures of land me and husband want to buy would get snatched up by China but its sounds like some shit that would happen to me lol
Hedge funds and banks have been buying farms and homes the last several years, why do you think real estate has been going bonkers for so long?

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
USA inflation was 6.8%.

Was this factored-in with this "growth" calculation?
Hey dumbfuck the Economics Phd.s that analyze that stuff know what they're doing.

dumbass-dumbasses.gif

So we are gonna be having another awesome economy where all the regular working and middle classers are struggling terribly while lefties keep telling us how good it all is and how we are just took stupid and uneducated to understand it.

Like Obama days again.

The Prowler

Factory Bastard

Millions of acres of land for sale all over the USA and Joe think Bill Gates might be reading this thread to learn about the secret plot of land that Dovey might buy.

Looney.

Tunes.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

That's good Dovey.

Just my opinion tho.

No don't post any pics.

Hedge funds and banks have been buying farms and homes the last several years, why do you think real estate has been going bonkers for so long?

I didnt say they weren't, Admin.