Jewelweed: The Miracle Plant with a Pretty Flower

The New Holliday

Now With 25% More Infinity
Site Supporter
Factory Bastard
Pretty sure I've written a bit about Jewelweed in the past though each time I am in need of its healing powers I am left in admiration.
.. I know what you are thinking...why can't this idjit ever write about who poopied their pants when the hemorrhoid cream tube they inserted as a buttplug gave way, or the howz only thing worser than the Deep State is everyone and everything else and make a podcast about that, but alas, folks...I'm just neither a deep thinker or socially savvy to that level of knows. I'm a simple man with only simple knowz. No such vital messages can I make.

...so, I stick to such mundane things as houseflies, fishing tips, COPD remedies and the boring likes of thet-a-ther.

....enyway
A couple of days ago, following a camp trip, I get the starts of poison ivy (not the citybilly guitarist who I so luv). Usually if I get it, it's no later than early July which is not uncommon. But here...September. I make a run to fetch fresh Jewelweed, the one true remedy that I know. Rubbing the juice from the stawks (leaves crushed are also good) on it and truly...in no more than 30 minutes the itch, spread, and blisters are arrested and in remission. It must however be fresh - do not bother with any product made with it. You will thank me.
. It is a true miracle indeed.

The-Cramps-Poison-Ivy.jpg
impatiens_capensis_photo2_lg.jpg

OP
OP
The New Holliday

The New Holliday

Site Supporter
Factory Bastard
How would one get it fresh?
Well, one of the wisdoms of nature is that in this case, Jewelweed tends to grown in the same hood as poison ivy...
...so if you got the ivy, then Jewelweed will likely not be far afield of it.

Most here will not be threatened though, since one must get into the weeds of wilderness to be afflicted.

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Well, one of the wisdoms of nature is that in this case, Jewelweed tends to grown in the same hood as poison ivy...
...so if you got the ivy, then Jewelweed will likely not be far afield of it.

Most here will not be threatened though, since one must get into the weeds of wilderness to be afflicted.

I don't know that I've actually ever run across poison ivy. Poison Oak is much more common.

OP
OP
The New Holliday

The New Holliday

Site Supporter
Factory Bastard
Oh, one more thing.
. There is a yellow variety of Jewelweed (Impatiens Pallida) which I have not found to be particularly effective.
...so stick with the orange (Impatiens Capensis) if you have a choice.